Introducing Vokyl & The Erupt Headset
Nov 26, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #181 of 403
I hopped in the campaign pretty early on and for me I just want these to be a justifiable replacement for my K702. If they beat it out in comfort and have a decent soundstage with an emphasis on clarity I’ll be happy
Comfort will probably be a bit of a toss-up, since Erupt will be heavier, but have a better fit & cushioning. The rest, should be an easy win for Erupt : ) Will be very interesting to hear the tuning changes happening next, probably all in the midrange.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #182 of 403
Comfort will probably be a bit of a toss-up, since Erupt will be heavier, but have a better fit & cushioning. The rest, should be an easy win for Erupt : ) Will be very interesting to hear the tuning changes happening next, probably all in the midrange.

Weight shouldn’t be much of a problem as long as the headband and pads are good. There’s no way they’ll be heavier than my ZMF cans and those are among the most comfortable headphones I own

Nov 27, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #183 of 403
Weight shouldn’t be much of a problem as long as the headband and pads are good. There’s no way they’ll be heavier than my ZMF cans and those are among the most comfortable headphones I own
Yeah, if you're cool with anything remotely like Audeze weight, these will be fine =p They are on the weighty side(oops, I should have weighed them), but comfort is excellent, unlike many lighter phones such as my AD700X.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #185 of 403
Has there been a change to the release date (from Q1)? I noticed the indiegogo page now says May. Is that just for what's left to sponsor?

Oui your kinda close to me! *shakes digital hand* and yes kinda, the date has been pushed back a little as far as I know

I believe the added time is for further development and refinement

Dec 1, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #187 of 403
I think the new date is for a new batch, if you check the price you will see it got raised and the states only 3 out of 100 claimed. If you read the comments page a developer said that the ETA for the 1st batch is March 2019.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #188 of 403
Sorry for the little bump, but I've only recently discovered these headphones.

Are there any plans to bring these to Europe? Since the only preorder method at this point seems to be directly from Indiegogo, customs would eat up my budget rather quickly.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #189 of 403
Sorry for the little bump, but I've only recently discovered these headphones.

Are there any plans to bring these to Europe? Since the only preorder method at this point seems to be directly from Indiegogo, customs would eat up my budget rather quickly.
These are made in the USA, my guess is that the price will be also bigger if they decide to have a dealer in Europe, considering they also have to pay taxes and pay the dealer.

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #191 of 403
I would hold up on joining the indiegogo considering they seem to be behind schedule according to the timeline on their page.

How do you figure? Units are supposed to ship "Q1 of 2019". That's any time before the end of March. Internal phases are always subject to shift.

I'm not seeing anything on the Indiegogo page or in the updates or comments about a delay. The shipping target of May 2019 is for Wave 2, not those who were in Wave 1 in the original campaign.

Just as a reminder for those who have never participated in crowdfunded projects before: There are always delays. If you are expecting immediacy and/or sticking to a specific schedule, you should not be participating in crowdfunding campaigns, but instead waiting until the product is available through retail channels.

Set expectations appropriately.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #192 of 403
On their timeline it says T1 sample were expected in December but their most recent in Jan they said they just got their tools to test the equipment. I have only every packed two campaigns so far the other being the Verum one. That was a single man operation that provided weekly updates to their backers. My expectations are that with only a couple months left they would be able to provide at least the kind of updates that single man operation could. Plus they are still selling more headphones with the second wave.

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #193 of 403
Rather than relying on speculation, have you tried contacting them directly and asking them? I found the company owner to be quite responsive when I contacted them with a question shortly after I pledged.

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #194 of 403
Several backers have posted questions on their indiegogo page as well as tried to reach out on twitter with no replys. Has been radio silence since their last update two weeks ago. Would not be concerned if they still had active commication going.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back