Introducing Vokyl & The Erupt Headset

Page 1 of 10
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next

Last
  1. theotherjude
    Hey Head-Fi! The Vokyl team is excited to have officially launched our first product, the Vokyl Erupt. Here she is:

[​IMG]

Vokyl was started around 2 years ago by Nick of JDS Labs, frustrated with the sound and build quality of gaming headsets currently on the market. We started testing and prototyping the things we thought were being left behind in gaming audio... the audio parts.

We'll be posting links, photos, impressions, measurements, answers to questions, BTS content, and all kinds of great stuff in this and other threads throughout the campaign, the lead up to ship day, and long after. In our first post we want to include a frequency response graph and comment on what it shows.

Below is a frequency response graph of our current prototype. We are still finalizing some minor details that will make the tuning more extended in the bass and smoother throughout the range as we will finalize damping, earpad foam, and baffle design very soon. We did not skimp at all on the audio portion of the headphone, and feel as if that's what sets the Erupt apart.

[​IMG]

You can pre-order our headset and get a TON of info here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vokyl-erupt-gaming-headphones-with-nc-boom-mic/x/19343473#/

We're excited to continue our careers with the members of head-fi and bring quality, US-built audio to their gaming experience!

cripple1, BananaOoyoo, Raize and 4 others like this.
  2. Taowolf51
    Ooo, as soon as I heard it's being made by the folks at JDS I got interested. JDS has far and away the best customer service I've run into in this industry. I wish you guys well and will be watching this! :)

theotherjude likes this.
  3. Niyologist
    Wow. This looks great. Love the classic headband.

theotherjude likes this.
  4. muffins
    I kind of wish I was in the market for a pair of gaming headphones, these look very promising! Good luck guys :p

theotherjude likes this.
  5. Onik
    Is it any good?

6. crabdog
    Love the look of this headphone! Will be keeping an eye on this for sure.

theotherjude likes this.
  7. theotherjude
    We like to think so :)! Impressions and other measurements will be flowing in as the campaign goes on.

8. Lurk650
    Looks good, need to fix your picture hosting though

theotherjude likes this.
  9. muffins
    @theotherjude What material are the ear pads made of? They look like protein leather.

10. abvolt
    They look great do you guys have website ? didn't find anything under Vokyl Audio, all the best cuz gaming headsets for the most part suck I've got 5 pairs in the junk box 2 are sennheiser 360 & 370 the volume control always goes bad, why use one I won't buy any hp's with controls in the ear cups bad idea..

11. Mshenay Contributor
    I for one look forward to seeing how much further you can get the lows to extend!!

12. volly
    Looks like a quality built 'gaming' headset, any chance of a non-gaming version? Not sure if the flat ribbon-like cables will help of hinder tbh, good choice of pads and the driver looks promising!

Niyologist likes this.
  13. theotherjude
    We're operating out of our Indiegogo page currently.

14. GREQ
    Push that 5kHz peak up to 8-10kHz and you've got a winner.
    Nice to see some new driver innovation.

technobear and volly like this.
Page 1 of 10
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next

Last