INTRODUCING REDESIGNED PLUSSOUND BLUETOOTH CABLES - BT5.0, APTXHD, LDAC, USB DAC/AMP, TYPE-C, AND MORE. COMPATIBLE WITH IEMs AND FULL-SIZE HEADPHONES.
Feb 12, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #76 of 122
Hoping to get my shipping notification soon...its been way too loooong....Im getting frustrated.
I understand. Maybe my sense of impatience has been dulled by pre-ordering things with (Mass)Drop (Just kidding Drop! Please keep doing your thing). I honestly don't remember if PlusSound gave a shipping date on the pre-order. Also no idea how many people pre-ordered. And finally, if they have indeed made marked improvements to the final product... well, that doesn't take all the frustration away but at least it's something of a consolation. Ultimately, for myself, I'm viewing it as a blessing in disguise since it gave me the time to see that the other BT adapter I bought isn't going to cut it, hopefully making me appreciate this incoming one more. We will see though.

Mar 5, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #77 of 122
been using my BT cable for a while now and it's everything I wanted except the background hiss. I'm using it with UERM. Now I wonder how can I find out about a firmware update whenever it comes out?

Mar 5, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #78 of 122
As I understand from correspondence with PlusSOUND they are going to deliver them all THEN issue a update.

Mine are in transit at UK customs. I expect a letter to gouge me for import duty - I will pay that when I get it then hopefully they will get delivered to me.

I am crossing my fingers that a firmware update is actually possible to get engineered (it’s bad timing for any company reliant on Chinese tech I imagine....) And would hiss reduction even be possible?

Mar 5, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #79 of 122
I must add that using it on flights and outdoors in general with volume at the level I usually listen to stuff (~70%) this has been no issue for me. Specially since the power and clarity I'm getting is day and night difference compared to the garbage BT cable UE sells. Been enjoying it a lot. Had I demoed these prior to ordering I'd still buy them. It's only when I tested them at home in quite it was too much hiss and I never actually use my IEMs at home. Still, fingers crossed for a firmware update and possibly reducing the hiss to a much lower level.

Mar 5, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #80 of 122
I am really happy with mine, it sounds fantastic. The hiss is a problem; and there are a couple of minor glitches: changing the volume doesn't always work on the first attempt, and I've had a couple of random drop outs for a few seconds while walking around.

I'm sure the volume issues and drop outs can be resolved with a software update; I have no idea about the hiss though. I hope so.

Mar 6, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #81 of 122
Hey all...was SO excited when I got mine 2 days ago...love the packaging and presentation and the build and material quality is second to none. I am using with UE CSX 11’s and I too am experiencing the hiss...outside it’s less noticeable but I am hoping this will be fixed with a firmware update.

They do sound great otherwise and volume level is way better than I get with the UE Bluetooth cable but I’d sacrifice a little vol for less hiss...the sound source is an iPhone 11 Pro Max

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #82 of 122
Could anybody post a picture how the set looks like wearing it?
And maybe compare the sound to something like the BTR5 or ES100?

Thanks! :)

Mar 6, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #83 of 122
I was in love with the ES100 for its amazing corrective (app based) eq
I used it with a short balanced 2.5mm jack cable i had made up by @ClieOS
I operated it via my DAP's LDAC and my phones AAC
The 'lighter than a match box" / budget build quality amused me..

but...

Clipping it on clothing worked poorly (I managed to drop it into an already full toilet once... yuk) and it fell off into a puddle in a rainy street gutter too.
I now have IEMs that don't require corrective eq (Empire Ears Nemesis)
Talking / ambient while wearing them was a difficult button press
Keeping the unit close to the head (for talking) was a PITA
I am a big fan of neck band BT headphones (via my (sadly lost on a plane) Bose QC30's) they can be kept 'always there' all day (round your neck) with almost zero worry
The ES100 can't be kept 'always there - you always have to futz around with it and as said above, it's prone to fall off or accidentally get pulled and detached.

I a prefer 4.4 mm connector to the 2.5 mm I use that now with my Hiby R6 Pro and Plussound poetic series silver 6 x

The Nemesis have 2 pin connectors and I do live in fear that I will lose one... (I have thought about super glue!)

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #84 of 122
I was in love with the ES100 for its amazing corrective (app based) eq
I used it with a short balanced 2.5mm jack cable i had made up by @ClieOS
I operated it via my DAP's LDAC and my phones AAC
The 'lighter than a match box" / budget build quality amused me..

but...

Clipping it on clothing worked poorly (I managed to drop it into an already full toilet once... yuk) and it fell off into a puddle in a rainy street gutter too.
I now have IEMs that don't require corrective eq (Empire Ears Nemesis)
Talking / ambient while wearing them was a difficult button press
Keeping the unit close to the head (for talking) was a PITA
I am a big fan of neck band BT headphones (via my (sadly lost on a plane) Bose QC30's) they can be kept 'always there' all day (round your neck) with almost zero worry
The ES100 can't be kept 'always there - you always have to futz around with it and as said above, it's prone to fall off or accidentally get pulled and detached.

Thanks a lot! So what about sound quality/ tonality! Can PlusSound BT compete with ES100?

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #85 of 122
Thanks a lot! So what about sound quality/ tonality! Can PlusSound BT compete with ES100?

Will let you know, I will be using LDAC from my Hiby R6 Pro but mine is stuck in UK customs. I am waiting for the letter demanding duty payment!

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #86 of 122
Will let you know, I will be using LDAC from my Hiby R6 Pro but mine is stuck in UK customs. I am waiting for the letter demanding duty payment!

OK got them today.

Bluetooth V3 module with Tri-Silver (Type 6 Litz) cables - wrapped blue.

Nice packaging, looks premium and all that but no instruction manual? Pressed a lot of buttons and eventually got paired with my Hiby R6 pro DAP and iPhone 11+ Max

Pros
Ahhh! That LDAC "slick' sounding, high frequency reproduction of 96k files that I like! (DAP playback via LDAC is way better than whatever codec my Macbook outputs)
Nice to be hands free - Listening to DAP then making / receiving calls with phone works seamlessly. I love Multi-Device pairing when it works

Cons
(already raised by others here)
Very slight background hiss
Volume steps up or down on the control unit are to large to be useful. Volume adjustments are be best made on the player.

Operations report - first day.
I gambled and ordered this in pendant style as I read a review that the control unit was quite large and annoyed the reviewer when it rubbed on his cheek. I didn't want that - so pendant style! (control unit dead center of cable) - I found it dangling down in front of me (over ears then like a pendant on my upper chest - annoyed me with too much back of ear tickle) and that throwing the control unit behind my head caused me the least "cable drag 'tickle". I figure if a call comes through or if I make one I can pull the control unit back over my head to be in front of me - then put it back afterwards. I actually I like this better now than my wired cable tied behind my head as it always seems to tug on my ear or need adjusting. Lets see how this works wearing a jacket outside tomorrow.

Further re the hiss - it kinda blends in after a while and the LDAC high frequency reproduction is just too good to let that spoil the party.

Difference between my this and my wired Poetic Tri-Silver (Type 6 Litz) 4.4mm balanced? The overall sound of the wire is very slightly 'bigger" very slightly more "euphonic" with perhaps faster sub bass delivery. But that is to be expected as LDAC can only get close to wired sound, not surpass it. It's a good thing I am such a treble fan - you can 'hear bats' with these. I was already a 'neck band' fan. I like the freedom from wires using my IEM's. I am liking these a lot.

Wired cable might go into storage long term or up for sale..

Update - I am downloading Apple X-Code developer tools to try to force my Macbook to use AptX instead of AAC.. wish me luck..!

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #87 of 122
OK got them today.

Bluetooth V3 module with Tri-Silver (Type 6 Litz) cables - wrapped blue.

Nice packaging, looks premium and all that but no instruction manual? Pressed a lot of buttons and eventually got paired with my Hiby R6 pro DAP and iPhone 11+ Max

Pros
Ahhh! That LDAC "slick' sounding, high frequency reproduction of 96k files that I like! (DAP playback via LDAC is way better than whatever codec my Macbook outputs)
Nice to be hands free - Listening to DAP then making / receiving calls with phone works seamlessly. I love Multi-Device pairing when it works

Cons
(already raised by others here)
Very slight background hiss
Volume steps up or down on the control unit are to large to be useful. Volume adjustments are be best made on the player.

Operations report - first day.
I gambled and ordered this in pendant style as I read a review that the control unit was quite large and annoyed the reviewer when it rubbed on his cheek. I didn't want that - so pendant style! (control unit dead center of cable) - I found it dangling down in front of me (over ears then like a pendant on my upper chest - annoyed me with too much back of ear tickle) and that throwing the control unit behind my head caused me the least "cable drag 'tickle". I figure if a call comes through or if I make one I can pull the control unit back over my head to be in front of me - then put it back afterwards. I actually I like this better now than my wired cable tied behind my head as it always seems to tug on my ear or need adjusting. Lets see how this works wearing a jacket outside tomorrow.

Further re the hiss - it kinda blends in after a while and the LDAC high frequency reproduction is just too good to let that spoil the party.

Difference between my this and my wired Poetic Tri-Silver (Type 6 Litz) 4.4mm balanced? The overall sound is very slightly 'huger' with perhaps faster low sub bass delivery on the wired Good thing I am such a treble fan - you can 'hear bats' with these. I was already a 'neck band' fan..I am liking these.

Perhaps more later -Wired cable might go into storage long term or up for sale..
Thanks for the review dude! I’d been thinking of buying this but perhaps I’ll stick with my ES100 for a while. Just bought a balanced cable from JH for my Lola’s to plug into the 2.5mm balanced port, plus a 2.5mm female -> 4.4mm adapter does I can plug into my Hiby

looking forward to seeing the difference between balanced and unbalanced!

Mar 28, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #88 of 122
Maybe my V3 module is defective. Nevertheless, my experience with it has been very disappointing.

On paper, it's soooo good. AptX HD? LDAC? Balanced connection? BT 5.0? BT MULTI-POINT!!! In real life, it looks fantastic and it does work, but I have so many issues with it that I don't even know where to start. None of this would bother me if it were a $50 cable like my KZ or BQEYZ AptX HD cables. But this is a $200 cable (I paid $160 at pre-order price) so I expected it to be better than my Shure RMCE-BT2, which sounds fine but has a weak mic and is annoying to wear.

The hiss does bother me, but it's not necessarily a fatal flaw. Most of my IEMs are sensitive enough that I notice it. It's fine with the Tin P1. But I'd never leave the P1 on this cable, nor would I put on any of my other metal IEMs. They're just heavy enough that I'd lose them - I've had the BGVP DMG fall off on me already just wearing them around the house. The only IEMs I have in my possession that work well with the standard Shure-compatible MMCX connectors on my cable are the ADV Model 3. They fit as if they were made for this cable. However, I don't really enjoy listening to the Model 3 for music. I bought this cable to use with my better IEMs. I even bought MMCX to 2-pin adapters to try them out with a pair of KZs I had sitting around collecting dust. The connection to the adapter isn't strong enough that I'd feel good about even leaving them on, and they're made of plastic. This IS a fatal flaw for me. I wanted to use this cable out and about as a way to take calls while on errands but I don't want to worry about losing an IEM. So, I guess I should have bought the 2-pin version and new IEMs. Most of my IEMs are MMCX. I don't have this problem with my Shure BT adapter or the BQEYZ adapter. My metal IEMs fit on them just fine and aren't loose. I've worn the Shure cable out in the world without any concerns about losing an IEM. It never even crossed my mind.

So, the second problem is the microphone. As already mentioned, I wanted to wear this on the go while running errands out and about. But the mic is bad enough that I can't conduct a successful conversation with them. That's another fatal flaw for me. I don't need studio quality mics, but I do need them to be usable for conversations. I realize this won't matter to many people but sometimes people do call me and they generally expect to be able to hear me.

Additionally - and this is where my unit may just be defective - I can't get the module to work in LDAC or APTX HD modes. My husband snagged my Hiby R6 so I can't test that, but on my 2 Android phones that support AptX HD and LDAC, when I change to those settings in developer options, it doesn't stay there. It immediately goes back to regular AptX. I bought this cable specifically because of the LDAC support - none of my other cables support LDAC. I'd be less unhappy if it at least fell back to AptX HD. I do have the ES100 and it works fine on LDAC with the same phones. I also have other BT headphones that support AptX HD and they work fine as well. So it's something with this module.

Finally, the battery life on my unit is pretty bad. I'm not getting more than 4 hours before it beeps at me and eventually shuts off. And remember, I'm not running it in LDAC. I'm just using it in APTX or AAC. And it takes forever to charge and doesn't seem to like USB PD chargers. Now I'm just being naggy, but you get the point.

Well, BT multi-point works perfectly for me every single time, so that's something, I guess. For what it's worth, I'm connecting only to Android devices so maybe that makes a difference.

I struck out here and I feel stupid about it because I don't usually take chances on pre-orders for audio gear. Don't break your own rules, I guess. I was just so excited about this cable. I still turn it on and use it periodically to listen to podcasts when I'm reasonably sure no one will call me.

BTW - If you do have this cable or others like it that hang around your neck, I've found the Mband 2 magnets to be lifesavers. You don't have to worry about the cable sliding off your neck while you're just wearing them without the buds in. I bought them at Amazon US.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #89 of 122
I also worry about loosing an iem but for me the 2 pin connector fit has been good & tight. I would only wear them unplugged in the house and even then I don’t really like to do that much. I treat the cable and the iems like they are a good bar. I worry too much about our dog that grossly likes anything with ear wax on it. I dont want one or both of my $1.5k iems crunched up.!!

The hiss is a slight worry but I can live with it.mine were an insane impulse buy - I went for the very spendy tri silver Poetic version.

I agree about the battery life being a bit short but again I can deal with it.

I also bought the latest, just out $100 Fiio LDAC neckband and while the 2 pin connector on them is a total nightmare (impossible) to keep connected to my iem - its amp sounds better than my $600 Plussound!

I may hack them together- Fiio LDAC neckband amp with Plussound 2 pin terminated cable.only $700 all in! (Plus UK import duty on both)

If the promised firmware update for the Plussound doesn’t come soon I will do this - just out Covid lockdown boredom!

@PLUSSOUND any eta on our firmware update please?

thanks all

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #90 of 122
Maybe my V3 module is defective. Nevertheless, my experience with it has been very disappointing.

On paper, it's soooo good. AptX HD? LDAC? Balanced connection? BT 5.0? BT MULTI-POINT!!! In real life, it looks fantastic and it does work, but I have so many issues with it that I don't even know where to start. None of this would bother me if it were a $50 cable like my KZ or BQEYZ AptX HD cables. But this is a $200 cable (I paid $160 at pre-order price) so I expected it to be better than my Shure RMCE-BT2, which sounds fine but has a weak mic and is annoying to wear.

The hiss does bother me, but it's not necessarily a fatal flaw. Most of my IEMs are sensitive enough that I notice it. It's fine with the Tin P1. But I'd never leave the P1 on this cable, nor would I put on any of my other metal IEMs. They're just heavy enough that I'd lose them - I've had the BGVP DMG fall off on me already just wearing them around the house. The only IEMs I have in my possession that work well with the standard Shure-compatible MMCX connectors on my cable are the ADV Model 3. They fit as if they were made for this cable. However, I don't really enjoy listening to the Model 3 for music. I bought this cable to use with my better IEMs. I even bought MMCX to 2-pin adapters to try them out with a pair of KZs I had sitting around collecting dust. The connection to the adapter isn't strong enough that I'd feel good about even leaving them on, and they're made of plastic. This IS a fatal flaw for me. I wanted to use this cable out and about as a way to take calls while on errands but I don't want to worry about losing an IEM. So, I guess I should have bought the 2-pin version and new IEMs. Most of my IEMs are MMCX. I don't have this problem with my Shure BT adapter or the BQEYZ adapter. My metal IEMs fit on them just fine and aren't loose. I've worn the Shure cable out in the world without any concerns about losing an IEM. It never even crossed my mind.

So, the second problem is the microphone. As already mentioned, I wanted to wear this on the go while running errands out and about. But the mic is bad enough that I can't conduct a successful conversation with them. That's another fatal flaw for me. I don't need studio quality mics, but I do need them to be usable for conversations. I realize this won't matter to many people but sometimes people do call me and they generally expect to be able to hear me.

Additionally - and this is where my unit may just be defective - I can't get the module to work in LDAC or APTX HD modes. My husband snagged my Hiby R6 so I can't test that, but on my 2 Android phones that support AptX HD and LDAC, when I change to those settings in developer options, it doesn't stay there. It immediately goes back to regular AptX. I bought this cable specifically because of the LDAC support - none of my other cables support LDAC. I'd be less unhappy if it at least fell back to AptX HD. I do have the ES100 and it works fine on LDAC with the same phones. I also have other BT headphones that support AptX HD and they work fine as well. So it's something with this module.

Finally, the battery life on my unit is pretty bad. I'm not getting more than 4 hours before it beeps at me and eventually shuts off. And remember, I'm not running it in LDAC. I'm just using it in APTX or AAC. And it takes forever to charge and doesn't seem to like USB PD chargers. Now I'm just being naggy, but you get the point.

Well, BT multi-point works perfectly for me every single time, so that's something, I guess. For what it's worth, I'm connecting only to Android devices so maybe that makes a difference.

I struck out here and I feel stupid about it because I don't usually take chances on pre-orders for audio gear. Don't break your own rules, I guess. I was just so excited about this cable. I still turn it on and use it periodically to listen to podcasts when I'm reasonably sure no one will call me.

BTW - If you do have this cable or others like it that hang around your neck, I've found the Mband 2 magnets to be lifesavers. You don't have to worry about the cable sliding off your neck while you're just wearing them without the buds in. I bought them at Amazon US.

Appreciate the feedback. Most of these may be fixed via firmware update. Follow our site and social pages for news.

I also worry about loosing an iem but for me the 2 pin connector fit has been good & tight. I would only wear them unplugged in the house and even then I don’t really like to do that much. I treat the cable and the iems like they are a good bar. I worry too much about our dog that grossly likes anything with ear wax on it. I dont want one or both of my $1.5k iems crunched up.!!

The hiss is a slight worry but I can live with it.mine were an insane impulse buy - I went for the very spendy tri silver Poetic version.

I agree about the battery life being a bit short but again I can deal with it.

I also bought the latest, just out $100 Fiio LDAC neckband and while the 2 pin connector on them is a total nightmare (impossible) to keep connected to my iem - its amp sounds better than my $600 Plussound!

I may hack them together- Fiio LDAC neckband amp with Plussound 2 pin terminated cable.only $700 all in! (Plus UK import duty on both)

If the promised firmware update for the Plussound doesn’t come soon I will do this - just out Covid lockdown boredom!

@PLUSSOUND any eta on our firmware update please?

thanks all

We should have our first update ready next month. Hang tight but more importantly, don't mod (voids the warranty)!

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back