In-Ears for travel under $150
Aug 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #16 of 27
ljokerl's review thread of 200+ IEM's as well as the RE-262-specific review make them look very good. My current Sennheiser CX300-II supposedly have +12db bass boost which I don't like, they are too boomy. The question is will I like the weaker bass of the RE-262 or is it too quiet?

Aug 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:
ljokerl's review thread of 200+ IEM's as well as the RE-262-specific review make them look very good. My current Sennheiser CX300-II supposedly have +12db bass boost which I don't like, they are too boomy. The question is will I like the weaker bass of the RE-262 or is it too quiet?

Bass can be boosted by a portable amp. Without an amp, RE 262 doesnt sound its best, it unleashes when driven properly. I was just blown away by it, when I listened with a good amp (FiiO E11)

Aug 20, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #19 of 27
Bump. And when I say 'for travel' I don't mean that I'll be hanging out in places where the ambient noise is 95db all the time. I just said 'for travel' because I'm coming from full-size headphones. I guess for In-Ear monitors, I shouldn't even bother mentioning I'll be using it for travel because it's obvious. 

Sep 10, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:
Bump. And when I say 'for travel' I don't mean that I'll be hanging out in places where the ambient noise is 95db all the time. I just said 'for travel' because I'm coming from full-size headphones. I guess for In-Ear monitors, I shouldn't even bother mentioning I'll be using it for travel because it's obvious. 

So what did you decide ? Got the re262's ?

Sep 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:
I actually gave up on my searches because I just can't make up my mind. :/

Sorry to hear that...

Have a look at some Etymotic IEMs.

Don't give up, Let your ears decide.

Jim

Sep 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #24 of 27
Hmmmmm, That is not good. Not good at all.

Any physical stores that have a return policy in your area?

Also Bucks is Bucks anywhere we go. Start low, like 50 bucks first. Learn to enjoy them, save some more bucks for more expensive IEMs. Then you will always have the economy set for a backup.

Just my thoughts, Jim

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #25 of 27
Nowhere to try. Out of the models I mentioned above, which would be the best as a monitor? I have other bass-head headphones/earphones, maybe I should get something more natural now.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #26 of 27
I just bought the Sunrise Sw-Xcape Impressive Edition, I couldn't find a decent eBay seller for the RE262. I don't really care anymore as long as they are not as muddy as my fake Sennheiser CX300-II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back