IMR - R1 Thread
Mar 26, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #2,477 of 3,190
34B1EA57-B703-47C9-BD47-56A4EACFF5F8.jpeg

Yep - it’s love!

Mar 27, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #2,479 of 3,190
Mar 27, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #2,480 of 3,190
which cable is that? looking good with the Zenith!

Found it after some digging. Seems pretty good for the price: **** 8N Cores Upgrate Silver Plated Cable
Its also available on AliExpress for an even lower price and worldwide shipping.

I was looking quite a while for a better cable for my R1's and was about to order the Arete Series MKIII by Null Audio, which really seem to go well with the Zenith:

Arete3_800x.jpg

Then again, they ship from Taiwan, so i am not sure if this purchase would go well.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #2,481 of 3,190
Found it after some digging. Seems pretty good for the price: **** 8N Cores Upgrate Silver Plated Cable
Its also available on AliExpress for an even lower price and worldwide shipping.

I was looking quite a while for a better cable for my R1's and was about to order the Arete Series MKIII by Null Audio, which really seem to go well with the Zenith:

Arete3_800x.jpg

Then again, they ship from Taiwan, so i am not sure if this purchase would go well.
I ordered from them before. i didn't have any problems. This cable has me interested. Thanks!

Mar 27, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #2,482 of 3,190
^ thanks for linking. Seems like a nice option and love it in Black.

For the IMR R1 I've been using the Effect Audio Origin cable the last few weeks and it kicks ass. I'd definitely look toward them, but also have a null audio cable and can vouch for the quality there as well.

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #2,483 of 3,190
Effect Audio Ares II kicks ass with the R1Z also.

Mar 28, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #2,484 of 3,190

Arete3_800x.jpg

There's a promo on AliExpress for the ****, HifiHear and Kinboofi cables at a good price.

Mar 28, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #2,488 of 3,190
**** is a banned brand/shop on Head-Fi...
There are better or may be same quality offerings from NICEHCK.

The cheapest is this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIC...742.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.42254c4dXD6XBl

The ban is related to some questionable business practices a few years ago. Information is available if you search. I has nothing to do with quality or service. This continues to confuse new users (or even old users) who have no way of knowing. NiceHCK is of course another good source.

BTW, is there a reason I am not allowed to look at your profile? I have found a few users who were unaware that their profile is not viewable... something to do with changes that happened during the server change a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #2,489 of 3,190
Has anyone tried their Zeniths with the Flare Audio Replacement Audiophile earfoams? I want to buy a pair so bad! But I can't hardly justify the cost of them (+ shipping to the US). I'd love to know how they sound though.

Mar 28, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #2,490 of 3,190
The ban is related to some questionable business practices a few years ago. Information is available if you search. I has nothing to do with quality or service. This continues to confuse new users (or even old users) who have no way of knowing. NiceHCK is of course another good source.

BTW, is there a reason I am not allowed to look at your profile? I have found a few users who were unaware that their profile is not viewable... something to do with changes that happened during the server change a couple of years ago.

Yes, I agree with you. However, if you go through Cable forums and a thread Low end, Cheap, Generic cable, you will notice that there were some bad experiences with **** reported by users there.

I don't know why you are not able to view my profile. I have not blocked anyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back