IMR - R1 Thread
Mar 18, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #2,446 of 3,190
No problem! Can we get an image of the pins facing the camera? Sometimes there's a red dot or the plastic holding the pins is rounded on one side
Here are some pics. Let see if it helps
plug1.JPG

plug2.JPG

Thanks,

Mar 18, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #2,448 of 3,190
I had some strange distortion with my V1 - especially in the bass region and some kind out of phase. Something's definitely wrong with your unit.

Haha, yeah, we're coming from two different metal worlds :wink: I'm using earplugs on concerts, cause I can't stand that high pitched live guitars and cymbal crashes.

Eyyy, those cymbal crashes are 90% of my fun with metal :)

Anyways, intriguing to see someone listening to metal another way

I think you'd enjoy Nirvana :)

I’m finding that I get loads more driver flex using my R1 Zeniths with the Black filter and final E tips than any other filter! My preference is for the Pink filter, which thankfully give less flex with the final E’s.????
Edit - this is my right ear only !!!

Interesting, do you have both ears with the vent open, or one is open and one is closed?

Mar 19, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #2,449 of 3,190
For those experiencing treble harshness with their R1 Zeniths:

If you have original R1 filters on hand to try, do it. I wasn't happy with the treble on my Zeniths using blue/pink/black/orange filters, and I finally got around to trying the coppers this weekend. One of them was closed off and muffled to the point of nearly being inaudible. It made me wonder if the Zenith filters are defective and gave me the idea to try my original R1 filters.

Wow, now I'm impressed. The Zeniths with my original R1 pink filters sound as good as any IEMs I've heard. The only conclusion I can come to is my set of Zenith filters are defective. All five of them. I guess I should ask Bob for a set of replacements.

Mar 19, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #2,450 of 3,190
For those experiencing treble harshness with their R1 Zeniths:

If you have original R1 filters on hand to try, do it. I wasn't happy with the treble on my Zeniths using blue/pink/black/orange filters, and I finally got around to trying the coppers this weekend. One of them was closed off and muffled to the point of nearly being inaudible. It made me wonder if the Zenith filters are defective and gave me the idea to try my original R1 filters.

Wow, now I'm impressed. The Zeniths with my original R1 pink filters sound as good as any IEMs I've heard. The only conclusion I can come to is my set of Zenith filters are defective. All five of them. I guess I should ask Bob for a set of replacements.

My R1filters were also defective. One each of the Blue, Pink, and Black filters were smaller than the other. Actually noticed that the smaller filters were exactly like those from my Phantom Hunter. And the longer filters were exactly like those from my original R1. Explained to Bob my find and was sent a new proper set. Received several days ago and have made all the difference in sound quality. Also have noticed that the new filters are all the smaller one’s. Never would have thought that. I did try the same filtered from my original R1, but might have to revisit them again.

Mar 19, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #2,451 of 3,190
Been tip and filter rolling and ended up with long/damped green or black Icarus III filters and Final Audio E tips. At least for the time being!?!?

EA0F6FEB-CFEB-4412-9237-94FCDBB26F42.jpeg

Mar 19, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #2,452 of 3,190
I think the rounded side is the positive. Do others agree?

Why not just do a continuity test from the plug to the pins with a multimeter?

Mar 19, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #2,454 of 3,190
Eyyy, those cymbal crashes are 90% of my fun with metal :)

Anyways, intriguing to see someone listening to metal another way

I think you'd enjoy Nirvana :)

Interesting, do you have both ears with the vent open, or one is open and one is closed?

I did check when i read your comment, but they are both open wide. It is probably the anatomy of my right ear canal I suspect. However I have now tried the longer Trinity Master/Icarus III filters and they have eased my problems a bit (go figure that one out)

Mar 19, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #2,455 of 3,190
I did check when i read your comment, but they are both open wide. It is probably the anatomy of my right ear canal I suspect. However I have now tried the longer Trinity Master/Icarus III filters and they have eased my problems a bit (go figure that one out)

Which color did you try?

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #2,456 of 3,190
Mar 19, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #2,457 of 3,190
That's always an option. Good call... I just figured he didn't have one. I have at least 2 two that I'm aware of but I'm a nerd lol
I wish I were that tech-savvy :)
These are stock cables from Trinity Audio. I don't have any trinity products with me now.
I guess someone having trinity hunter or PM6 will be able to confirm about positive/negative side of these cables.

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #2,458 of 3,190
Hi guys,

Any recommendations for eartips? I'm having fit problems with the bundled eartips and for now the best fit is with some New Bee memory foam tips I use with the Tin Audio T2.

Mar 19, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #2,459 of 3,190
Hi guys,

Any recommendations for eartips? I'm having fit problems with the bundled eartips and for now the best fit is with some New Bee memory foam tips I use with the Tin Audio T2.

Arguably the toughest thing to figure out with the R1. I'm still on the search for the perfect tips for my ears and I've had the R1 for a long while already.

I've tried tons - Spinfits, Spiral Dots, Symbio, Flare Audio.. you name it.

Currently the best I've found are ML Spiral Dot for their wide bore and overall fit, however I still find them a bit too soft and they are hard to get to sit perfectly. For foam, the Flare Audio tips are really nice, though I ordered a set thinking they would fit me but are a bit too big. I think the Flare Audiophile tips could be a winner as they sit well and also have wide bore. In my experience any of the tips with smaller bore tend to tame the R1 a bit too much, though not sure about the Zenith (you didn't specify which you were asking about).

I was planning on grabbing a set of comply tips this weekend, and also waiting for Symbio to restock on their Large size Symbio W to give those a shot as they appear to be a good option.

Mar 19, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #2,460 of 3,190
Hi guys,

Spinfit or Final Tips. this always works for me as far as silicone goes.

If you want foamies, then Comply is the most popular, and there's also mandarin tips that are quite awesome, as a hybrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back