IMR - R1 Thread
Mar 19, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #2,461 of 3,190
Hi guys,

Any recommendations for eartips? I'm having fit problems with the bundled eartips and for now the best fit is with some New Bee memory foam tips I use with the Tin Audio T2.
For the Zenith? I would recommend a smaller bore tip such as the Final Audio. The Final Audio is the tip I use with the Ares II and Black filter.

Mar 19, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #2,462 of 3,190
Arguably the toughest thing to figure out with the R1. I'm still on the search for the perfect tips for my ears and I've had the R1 for a long while already.

I've tried tons - Spinfits, Spiral Dots, Symbio, Flare Audio.. you name it.

Currently the best I've found are ML Spiral Dot for their wide bore and overall fit, however I still find them a bit too soft and they are hard to get to sit perfectly. For foam, the Flare Audio tips are really nice, though I ordered a set thinking they would fit me but are a bit too big. I think the Flare Audiophile tips could be a winner as they sit well and also have wide bore. In my experience any of the tips with smaller bore tend to tame the R1 a bit too much, though not sure about the Zenith (you didn't specify which you were asking about).

I was planning on grabbing a set of comply tips this weekend, and also waiting for Symbio to restock on their Large size Symbio W to give those a shot as they appear to be a good option.

Thanks for the reply.

I have the Zenith since last week, it's my first proper pair of iems but as I said before it's been difficult to get a good fit, especially with my left ear. I've only used so far the black filter as I want to get a good fit before testing the other filters. I'll give a try to Flare and Symbio. I really wish the the Zenith had the same fit of my B400s because from a few listens it sounds really good.

Mar 19, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #2,463 of 3,190
Spinfit or Final Tips. this always works for me as far as silicone goes.

If you want foamies, then Comply is the most popular, and there's also mandarin tips that are quite awesome, as a hybrid.

Thank you very much. I'll buy a few if I can get a good fit.

Mar 19, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #2,464 of 3,190
For the Zenith? I would recommend a smaller bore tip such as the Final Audio. The Final Audio is the tip I use with the Ares II and Black filter.

Thanks. Where can I get Final Audio tips? I was about to buy the E5000 but the Zeniths promo code was too tempting.

Mar 20, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #2,465 of 3,190
For me, New Bee foam tips made the magic of the fit. They are very comfortable and cling to my ears like a child to his toy when you try to take it off... :slight_smile:
They are also cheap, 12 tips for less than 10 dollars are a good buy.
I am using blue filter and the sound is fantastic.

Mar 20, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #2,466 of 3,190
I’m finding either the final audio Es or the symbio MandarinEs both to my liking with the Zeniths.

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #2,467 of 3,190
Anyone here possibly willing to trade some Flare Audio Audiophile earfoams for some Symbio W's? I'd be looking for medium in size. i've got about 6 new pair of W's in medium and a pair of the smaller bore in the same...

Mar 21, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #2,468 of 3,190
Mar 21, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #2,469 of 3,190
1-Main-Pic-5.jpg

My text review of R1Z: https://porta.fi/imr-r1-zenith-clinching-the-victory/
Russian version: https://porta.fi/ru/obzor-naushnikov-imr-r1-zenith-zakreplenie-uspeha/

Mar 23, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #2,471 of 3,190
I decided on nozzles (Pink r1z/Green Icarus III) and tips (Final Es) what is the choice cable for the Z? I’ve got an Ares II on order, but was curious what others are using? Oh, while I’m asking, what dap/set up are you pairing with them also? I’m pairing with a QP1R at the moment and it rocks!

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #2,472 of 3,190
I decided on nozzles (Pink r1z/Green Icarus III) and tips (Final Es) what is the choice cable for the Z? I’ve got an Ares II on order, but was curious what others are using? Oh, while I’m asking, what dap/set up are you pairing with them also? I’m pairing with a QP1R at the moment and it rocks!
The QP1R is a great DAP, from all I have read and judging from my QP2R. I also like the DX120 pairing and it won't break the bank. Also, the Ares II is a great purchase, it pairs so well with many different IEM's, I think you will really like it.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #2,473 of 3,190
Would anyone on here wanna trade some Flare Audio Replacement Audiophile earfoams for some Symbio W's? I have 6 pair or so in Medium, and one small bore Symbio in small. All brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back