IMR - R1 Thread
Mar 28, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #2,491 of 3,190
Morning everyone
I'm a recent buyer of the Acoustic R1
Love the sound - using orange filters and large foam tips
Only question I have is does anyone know of foam tips that are a little longer than the IMR one's
Would fit me better and hopefully not change the sound quality too much
Any recommendations appreciated
Thanks
Gord

Mar 28, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #2,492 of 3,190
^ thanks for linking. Seems like a nice option and love it in Black.

For the IMR R1 I've been using the Effect Audio Origin cable the last few weeks and it kicks ass. I'd definitely look toward them, but also have a null audio cable and can vouch for the quality there as well.

Seems like a nice cable as well. Although i prefer a darker coloring for the most part.

Effect Audio Ares II kicks ass with the R1Z also.

No doubt, but the price tag is pretty hefty. I personally don't want to spend half the price of the headphones on cables for them ^^

There's a promo on AliExpress for the ****, HifiHear and Kinboofi cables at a good price.

Oh wow, 13,70€ for the **** and 20,70€ for the NiceHCK, which bk123 linked earlier. For this price I might as well get both of them, for some comparison :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #2,493 of 3,190
I don't know why you are not able to view my profile. I have not blocked anyone :)

Check your privacy settings...probably the box that says who can see your profile has been unticked. It seems to have happened to people who were members before the server change. I remember redoing all my settings after the change.

Mar 28, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #2,494 of 3,190
Found it after some digging. Seems pretty good for the price: **** 8N Cores Upgrate Silver Plated Cable
Its also available on AliExpress for an even lower price and worldwide shipping.

I was looking quite a while for a better cable for my R1's and was about to order the Arete Series MKIII by Null Audio, which really seem to go well with the Zenith:

Arete3_800x.jpg

Then again, they ship from Taiwan, so i am not sure if this purchase would go well.

Hey! Yes - this is the one.

Main thing for me is that is has helped get a good fit. Would recommend but YMMV etc...

I went for Amazon because it felt more straightforward.

Mar 28, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #2,495 of 3,190
Hey! Yes - this is the one.

Main thing for me is that is has helped get a good fit. Would recommend but YMMV etc...

I went for Amazon because it felt more straightforward.

Well, i can't go with Amazon, because they don't ship to Germany ^^

And at the moment they are around 10€ with the AliExpress app (16 core version is about 20€), so i will order one or two cables for sure.

Also, can i expect a noticeable difference in some way with the 16 core version? Or is it more or less a marketing thing?
I guess i could ask the same about copper vs silver or all the other fancy materials (visit the PlusSoundAudio configurator for this...).
Up to 1600$ for a headphone cable with special wiring?! That sounds crazy to me, its only supposed to transfer a signal after all...

(I don't want to start a war here, I'm just interested in some impressions that could help me with my ordering decision ^^ )

Mar 29, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #2,496 of 3,190

And at the moment they are around 10€ with the AliExpress app (16 core version is about 20€), so i will order one or two cables for sure.

Also, can i expect a noticeable difference in some way with the 16 core version? Or is it more or less a marketing thing?
I guess i could ask the same about copper vs silver or all the other fancy materials (visit the PlusSoundAudio configurator for this...).
Up to 1600$ for a headphone cable with special wiring?! That sounds crazy to me, its only supposed to transfer a signal after all...

(I don't want to start a war here, I'm just interested in some impressions that could help me with my ordering decision ^^ )
In theory, more cores = less resistance. Might affect sound audibly, might not, depends on the phones.

Cable material doesn't really matter in the lengths that headphone cables are, as long as it conducts electricity. Some say silver is brighter or something like that, but that's horseshit.

Mar 29, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #2,497 of 3,190

Yep - trying to avoid the can of worms.

I generally go for cables for aesthetics and if they help the fit of the IEM’s over the stock cable. This cable did well on both for me - the ear hooks are particularly good.

Any change in sound is open to interpretation / personal experience.

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #2,498 of 3,190
In theory, more cores = less resistance. Might affect sound audibly, might not, depends on the phones.

Cable material doesn't really matter in the lengths that headphone cables are, as long as it conducts electricity. Some say silver is brighter or something like that, but that's horse****.

Just as i thought. So i don't have to care about the material. Especially that whole 6N or 7N copper thing seems to make no difference at all.

Yep - trying to avoid the can of worms.

I generally go for cables for aesthetics and if they help the fit of the IEM’s over the stock cable. This cable did well on both for me - the ear hooks are particularly good.

Any change in sound is open to interpretation / personal experience.

Yea, i will buy new cables for the same reason. Better looks never hurt, and the stock cable is not exactly perfectly fitting for me. Better than with the original R1, but still not great.

Another question. Since apparently one of the brands, which i mentioned, is banned... do i have to remove the links
to their products, or even the name itself? I really don't want to get into trouble with my first post on this forum :sweat_smile:

Apr 1, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #2,500 of 3,190
Can someone confirm if my understanding of +/- pin on Zenith is correct or not. I have to use an aftermarket cable. Just wanted to confirm before using it in Zenith.
This is the right unit I guess. I copied this image from IMR Instagram and marked the pins as per my understanding.

right.PNG

Apr 1, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #2,501 of 3,190
Does anyone know anything about this new IMR R2 with hybrid driver? there's a new thread for that?

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #2,502 of 3,190
Apr 1, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #2,503 of 3,190
Apr 2, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #2,505 of 3,190
Ayyyy, I'm really curious about that one!

With 300 units limited run I'm not sure if there'll be one for me, so I think I'll be waiting on the full scale production though :)
I am sure there is one for you...you can pre order now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back