[Impression] FiiO E10
Sep 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #1,006 of 1,324
Quote:
Hmm... This isn't good. I need to use WMP with ASIO because of my Zune Pass files. Foobar won't play them. Can I use ASIO4All with WMP?

Someone needs to work out a solution for me! :D

I just tried WMP with the E10 but could not find an option to select WASAPI or ASIO as the audio output, it seems to work only with DS. Did a quick search on Google and found this ASIO plugin for WMP, but did not try it:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/asiowmpplg/

If it works, supposedly, both the ASIO plugin for WMP and Asio4All should solve your problem.

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #1,007 of 1,324
Quote:

I just tried WMP with the E10 but could not find an option to select WASAPI or ASIO as the audio output, it seems to work only with DS. Did a quick search on Google and found this ASIO plugin for WMP, but did not try it:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/asiowmpplg/

If it works, supposedly, both the ASIO plugin for WMP and Asio4All should solve your problem.

I have tried the download at that URL. Unfortunately, there was no option available in WMP for ASIO. Thank you for your help. 

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #1,008 of 1,324
Okay...I just got my Fiio E10 and I am already having problems. The first time I tried it there was clipping, hiccuping, skipping, popping, static, and distortion. I used a different USB and it sounded perfect. I unplugged it and then later I plugged it back into the working USB and now I hear the same thing again. I have tinkered with all the settings and nothing is working. I have tried plugging and unplugging to no avail. This is a problem with all of my media players. What is wrong? :frowning2:

Shane

Edit: After installing another driver, this thing sounds beautiful now. I'm happy with it.

Sep 15, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #1,011 of 1,324
Just got this the other day and unfortunately got an old batch model with the loose and noisy headphone jack. Planning on returning this one and ordering from another retailer. Does anyone know which amazon retailer is guaranteed to have the latest batch with the gold headphone out? Thanks.

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #1,012 of 1,324
Quote:
Just got this the other day and unfortunately got an old batch model with the loose and noisy headphone jack. Planning on returning this one and ordering from another retailer. Does anyone know which amazon retailer is guaranteed to have the latest batch with the gold headphone out? Thanks.

Which Amazon retailer did you order it from originally?

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,014 of 1,324
Quote:
It was SMICORP that still had the older stock. MP4Nation should have the latest batch if the email they sent me is to be believed.

Headroom has the newest batch.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #1,016 of 1,324
Quote:
Just wondering is the occasional popping sound normal? its getting a little bit annoying...

Also, my headphone (AKG-K701) says rated impedance is 62 ohms. Does that mean I have to set it to high gain on the back of the amp?

Mine doesn't pop at all if it is still lying on the surface. Maybe you are getting some interference where the headphone cable plugs into the amp. Are you moving it around a lot? Second question: Only need to turn the gain to high if you can't get enough volume on the Low gain setting. If you have the volume pot at like 8 and it's just loud enough I would switch to high gain. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #1,017 of 1,324
I can hear poping sound, noise when I play video song on some movie player such as Windows Media Classic but not on youtube. However if I play songs from Foorbar2000 there is no noise at all. More addition, when I turn the volume knob up or down I can hear noise too.

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #1,019 of 1,324
Quote:

Mine doesn't pop at all if it is still lying on the surface. Maybe you are getting some interference where the headphone cable plugs into the amp. Are you moving it around a lot? Second question: Only need to turn the gain to high if you can't get enough volume on the Low gain setting. If you have the volume pot at like 8 and it's just loud enough I would switch to high gain. 

I don't move my cable a lot as I'm using it on a desktop. I've made a thread about this problem though it seems that I can't get any definite answer...

Oh I see, so the purpose of low/high gain switch is to control the volume level.

Sep 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #1,020 of 1,324
Hi guys,

I am new here. I got one of the new E10s but unfortunately lots of crackling sounds with both my Sony MDR-V6 and my Shure SRH440
headphones. I tried some alumnium foil for shielding and it seemed  to help a little but not great still. The crackling was especially present
when I was not playing music but also during playing. I d like the E10s' sound over my mac mini's headphone jack but the noise is not acceptable.
Will send it back to amazon and I might try a E7, maybe that is better?

Since I am using Mac OS Lion I could not try and switch some of the settings to see if that would fix the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back