[Impression] FiiO E10
Dec 23, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #617 of 1,324
I just got the E10 from B&H and it is the previous model. No problems yet with the connector. Sounds great compared to my Realtek onboard sound. More defined bass more open sound and of course much louder with no distortion. Using it with my Sennheiser HD598. The bass boost is nice too. Nice boost without sounding bloated.

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #618 of 1,324
I'm using my new E10 with ATH-M50s, and I'm noticing some crackling that isn't there when I use the headphones directly with my ipod. I've only so far heard it on one song. It's "When Water Comes to Life" by Cloud Cult, and it's a 320 kbps mp3. Thing is, I don't think it's the file because it doesn't happen when I use the ipod. Anyone have anything like this? 

If this doesn't go away, it's definitely getting returned. 

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #620 of 1,324
Thing is, with that one song, it's really persistent. And it's not there AT ALL with my ipod. I'm going to try to listen to more of my music to see if I can observe this effect with other music. 

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #621 of 1,324
Okay false alarm. I tried it directly through the computer's output jack, and got the same thing without the E10, must be a file issue. 

I wonder why the exactly same file isn't like that on the ipod though. Hmm. 

Quote:
Thing is, with that one song, it's really persistent. And it's not there AT ALL with my ipod. I'm going to try to listen to more of my music to see if I can observe this effect with other music. 

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #622 of 1,324
I got mine today and the first thing I noticed was that the volume would get loud and crackle when I applied slight pressure turning the knob with one finger on the top or the right (though if i do it from the bottom or left, it doesn't do it). It doesn't happen when i hold the knob on 2 sides and turning the volume thus applying no pressure.

Does this happen to you guys as well or is the knob on mine not seated very well and I should return it?

Dec 24, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #623 of 1,324
Their quality control isn't very good, as I've experienced channel imbalance issues with mine, but I got a replacement.

Try to contact the seller and see if they'll send you a new one.

Dec 24, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #624 of 1,324

Quote:
Their quality control isn't very good, as I've experienced channel imbalance issues with mine, but I got a replacement.

Try to contact the seller and see if they'll send you a new one.

Yeah, they accept returns at the cost of return shipping. Also, speaking of imbalance issues, it seems my left ear is louder than my right ear on low then balances as I make it louder. I guess you don't have the same issue I'm having, so I'll definitely go and return it. I don't want to think twice on turning the volume being scared that it'll suddenly get loud.

Dec 24, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #625 of 1,324

To FiiO's defense, it is not about quality control, but the scale of operation.

A typical portable amp maker in the forum, say RSA, Headamp and even iBasso, etc. probably make less than hundred per week (and likely per month). A typical amp maker sells around thousand of amps the whole year. For what I know (as told by their authorized dealer), some of them sell only a few hundred a year. Only the most popular of portable amp maker sell over thousand unit. Because they sell so little in number, they can have the time to take care of every thing. Guess how many amps FiiO typically makes a month? Answer: Over 5K easily, and over 15K in a busy month. Even with just 1% of failure rate passes over QC in the slowest month, there are still around 50 bad amps in the market - and that is half the production number of many other small headphone amp maker out there.

Now if you think about it - if FiiO received 50 complaint in Head-fi per months, everyone will think FiiO has bad QC. Yet if another amp maker who makes only 100 amp per month get only one complaint, everyone think he has really good build quality. The fact is, they are both in the same 1% failure rate. Even with the best of QC, you will still see a lot more defected FiiO than any other amp maker simply because they are the largest portable amp maker in the world right now, and probably produce more headphone amp than all the other headphone amps maker combined.

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #627 of 1,324
Well, either their QC isn't the best or I need to start playing the lottery considering I was one of the lucky 1%.

That's is what the warranty is for - to take care of that 1%.

Dec 24, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #628 of 1,324
Calm down men! We know that Fiio is a good company and it has responsibilities for its products too. That is why we can return Fiio products when they have issue at Fiio's official retail shop.

However I am a hard and annoying customer who only accept good or best product that is why I want to wait for the better products (the result of patience
biggrin.gif
). Therefore, I trust Fiio and know that it not let me down.

If Fiio can sell thousand products means it is really a good company but we are customer and we always expect or want better quality as much as possible and Fiio know that.(of course, the employers at Fiio want to earn more money from our wallets too
tongue.gif
).

Better and better quality after day by day and we, customers are happier and happier day by day. It is a win - win result.

No need to offense each other.

Final words. If they can improve the quality and tackle issues which happen to their products then we need to compliment Fiio's Employers, right?

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #629 of 1,324

Quote:
To FiiO's defense, it is not about quality control, but the scale of operation.
A typical portable amp maker in the forum, say RSA, Headamp and even iBasso, etc. probably make less than hundred per week (and likely per month). A typical amp maker sells around thousand of amps the whole year. For what I know (as told by their authorized dealer), some of them sell only a few hundred a year. Only the most popular of portable amp maker sell over thousand unit. Because they sell so little in number, they can have the time to take care of every thing. Guess how many amps FiiO typically makes a month? Answer: Over 5K easily, and over 15K in a busy month. Even with just 1% of failure rate passes over QC in the slowest month, there are still around 50 bad amps in the market - and that is half the production number of many other small headphone amp maker out there.
Now if you think about it - if FiiO received 50 complaint in Head-fi per months, everyone will think FiiO has bad QC. Yet if another amp maker who makes only 100 amp per month get only one complaint, everyone think he has really good build quality. The fact is, they are both in the same 1% failure rate. Even with the best of QC, you will still see a lot more defected FiiO than any other amp maker simply because they are the largest portable amp maker in the world right now, and probably produce more headphone amp than all the other headphone amps maker combined.

I'm glad you pointed this out. I was thinking it for a while, but didn't have any numbers to back it up.

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #630 of 1,324
I think they need to improve their QA.

But I also think E10 is very good, that's why I took the risk with my 2nd E10 that works flawlessly so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back