[Impression] FiiO E10
Oct 27, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #182 of 1,324
Got to test this out with Q701's at the OC meet. It did great job taming the power hungry 701's. With the bass boost it gave the headphones more punch and gave the 701's more warmth. Evened the highs and mids with better bass.

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #183 of 1,324
I'm still a bit new here, so I don't know if it's good custom to post troubleshooting questions here or in a new thread...

So everytime I'm streaming a video on netflix, the audio on the e10 jitters and cuts out for about 10-15 seconds. This happens every 5 minutes or so. I'm wondering what steps I should take to rule out possible sources for this problem. It doesn't cut out during normal music play, so I don't think it's the dac.

Oct 27, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #185 of 1,324
Relatively sure- bandwidth is good this late at night, but I also never have this problem hooked up to the regular headphone jack, controlling for all the usual processor fluctuations and spikes. Also on an SSD, so there's no HDD issue. Thanks for responding so quickly.

Oct 27, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #186 of 1,324
Try using a different usb port? are you setting the fiio as the default player?

Don't think its the e10 fault since the DAC just converts the data so their shouldn't be any difference between music versus movie 

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #189 of 1,324
donunus.. i noticed in your profile you had the gilmore lite with DPS and even the MHDT Havana Dac in the past.. may i know why you're building a system with the fiios (e9+10+7+ D3) now?? also, from your review, basically the e9 only excels in power, while the e10 wins on everything else?? or do i conclude it wrongly??

thanks.. great review and website, btw..

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #190 of 1,324
I'm sort of just cruising through all the equipment until I can't enjoy the music with them due to some anomaly I am sensitive about. Technically, the Gilmore Lite was great especially in giving me clean layers in the treble section but in the end they were a little dry sounding, lacking in oomph and a little analytical for me with the hd600s I was using back then.
As for the the Havana, they were just not energetic enough for me. The tubes were expensive yet every one of them had their own coloration in which I couldn't live with in the end. Truth to be told, I prefer something simple and natural sounding without all the fancy colorations and believe it or not, even the FiiO D3 does that for me more than the expensive havana LOL. And I am not a FiiO shill either. Heck I prefer the tonality of my old valab DAC against the Havana too except for its mechanical problems with hum and all.

So far as the e10 against the E9 is concerned, the former is definitely smoother than the latter yet lacking in punch  with the hd600s. With my AKGs, the E9 is a little bloated and grainy. Put it this way, I wouldn't keep the e9 around if I only had low impedance cans. I might actually be getting rid of my e9s soon once I can get something better for my beloved hd600s.

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #191 of 1,324
So let me ask you guys who might have the E10, E7, and E9. What do you guys think would be best for the HD650s? Would E10 be fine by itself? Or would E10+e9 be better? How is e7/e9 vs e10/e9? Just trying to get a feel for what I need to build a budget system around HD650's :D

Also, portability is not an issue as it will be at home all the time.

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #192 of 1,324
a D3/E9 would be good enough but an e10/e9 will be more flexible for when you will be using low impedance cans at the same time. The e9 doesn't sound that great with the low impedance stuff.

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #193 of 1,324
I've just got my hands on my E10 which was to improve my common arrangement of driving AKG K701s from my Macbook headphone socket.

MASSIVE improvement!  Has really made a huge improvement, especially with high-res 24/96 files.

As of the performance wasn't enough (and to be fair the sound IS what matters), it's also a wonderfully made little thing.  Real quality of construction and classy/cool packaging too!

£60!!  Total bargain!

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #194 of 1,324

Quote:
a D3/E9 would be good enough but an e10/e9 will be more flexible for when you will be using low impedance cans at the same time. The e9 doesn't sound that great with the low impedance stuff.

Thanks for the reply, I haven't even looked into the D3 at all, got some more research to do haha :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back