[Impression] FiiO E10
Aug 16, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #1,291 of 1,324
  I have a question. If I go to playback devices, my E10, properties, then advanced, I have an option for "Default Format". It's currently at "2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD quality)". Should I change this? Or leave it how it is?

Use a wasapi plugin that allows you to use exclusive mode. That makes this option not relevant. Most video and all popular audio software should have that.

Though in general, do select 24 bit if the dac supports 24 bit. The sampling rate option will resample everything that uses a shared renderer.  If you have to resample and use a shared renderer, there are excellent plugins for that for most players. Just make sure it is the same as the windows setting so you arent resampling twice.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #1,293 of 1,324
Oct 23, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #1,294 of 1,324
Wow.  I'm having a great experience with the E10 running the HFM HE-400i's for the past couple of weeks.  I have not used my main rig since then.

What a great amp/dac.  I'm really impressed. Again.

oh yeah- yesterday it did a respectable job with the Alpha Dogs at low volume. 

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #1,297 of 1,324
  I stopped using my E10 due to scratchy background noise and degrading quality while using it... I LOVE my Audioengine D1 as a comparable DAC/Amp

Hate to admit it, but after about a year and half, I'm getting some distortion and noise as well.

Oh well, for the price it was fun. But I see a Schiit Fulla in my future.

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #1,298 of 1,324

Hate to admit it, but after about a year and half, I'm getting some distortion and noise as well.

I just end up unplugging it and plugging it back in and it seems to clear up but I still hear random background distortion. Its sad I was hoping to support this company more.  They offered to test my 2 DACs but I don't know if I want to bother paying to stick them on the slow boat to China (Or Taiwan) to have them fix it.

Brian

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #1,299 of 1,324

I just end up unplugging it and plugging it back in and it seems to clear up but I still hear random background distortion. Its sad I was hoping to support this company more.  They offered to test my 2 DACs but I don't know if I want to bother paying to stick them on the slow boat to China (Or Taiwan) to have them fix it.

Brian

Naah.  I never ignore an opportunity to buy new gear 
biggrin.gif

edit: I have nothing against FiiO.  That was a year and 1/2 of heavy use and abuse.

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #1,300 of 1,324
Sooo I think my FiiO E10 is unusable at this point...

I started having issues with it recently that no matter what volume setting, it always seemed to randomly start playing at the loudest volume. I got around that by just twisting the knob to max and controlling it through my sound in Windows. Now it's randomly shutting down USB ports.

If I plug this in a USB port, it will work for all of about 5 seconds, turn off and anything plugged in the USB Port after it will not work. Restarting the PC causes the USB to be functional again, but I cannot even plug this in anymore without it shutting down the port.

Anything I can do or am I out of luck?

Had this for about a year, year and a half? Love this little thing :)

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #1,302 of 1,324

does it include e10k or only older version of the dac? do you think that fulla shiit is a better dac in comparison to e10k? thanks

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #1,303 of 1,324
I have been using the E10 for about a year now. Before I was using the E11 with the D03K DAC. The E10 does sound a little better than that did but strangely the E11 sounds even better than the E10 does when it is connected to the line out of the E10. The E11 seems to boost the lower end bass.
What I really like about the E10 is how good the line out is. I have it at my desk and I have my amplifier and speakers plugged into it. They sound much better than they did before. At the moment I have a splitter in the line out. One going to my amplifier and speakers and the other is just an audio cable that I use with my E11. Another useful thing about the E10 is that the line out can also be used as an aux-in for some reason. I can plug that cable into my FiiO X3 and use the E10 as my headphone amplifier. So long as it is still powered by my computer, that seems to work really well.

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #1,304 of 1,324
I have question does it normal behavior in this amp that I hear both sounds from Windows and from ASIO ?
When playing through ASIO Driver Status in driver showing Active but still I can play something from Windows sound and hear them both.

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #1,305 of 1,324
My E10 is now starting to do strange things. Often, just moving my headphone jack, I get quite a lot of crackling. Also, when I move the volume pot or even just touch it, I seem to hear all this strange hissing and interference. Even when my computer is left alone not doing anything, I keep hearing some quiet sounds that I can't really describe. It is just starting to sound a bit more like listening to my headphones directly from my PC. It used to be totally quiet with no background hiss at all. What is most strange though is that this problem comes and goes. The other day, it was so bad that if I touched any metal part of the X3, I would hear interference.

The sound quality is still as good as it was though.

What worries me more it what happened with my FiiO X3 the other day. While listening to my X3 at the same time as it being on charge, I just happened to gently contact metal to metal with the E10 and normally, nothing should happen. My X3 got forced off and I heard a loud pop through my headphones. That was either my X3 being sensitive or more likely, my E10 becoming faulty. I will just have to see how I get along with it.

My E10 is about 18 months old now but it is the only FiiO device that I have had big problems with. I have had my E11 for about twice as long and it is much more cheaply made and is covered in dents and yet is still working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back