[Impression] FiiO E10
Feb 10, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #826 of 1,324
impressions?

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #827 of 1,324
http://www.head-fi.org/t/594437/latest-review-for-e10-from-soundnews

In case you didn't know about this.

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #828 of 1,324
Think I finally found a new amp for my desk.  

Ive been using my e5 with my laptop lately, and I think its time to step it up to an amp/dac combo.  Ill definitely be following this thread, I appreciate the thoughts and reviews posted!

At the current price it sure sounds hard to beat

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #830 of 1,324
I have a question. I am having serious issues with my e10 including: loose headphone jack, clicking sound between songs and also static that requires a replug to fix. Also my sound quality just seems to be degrading over time. I bought thid product through ebay on release and was wondering if i could get a refund or replacement through fiio? Or since i bought it through ebay am i stuck with this broken product?

Just thought i would add that i cant seem to find a warranty in the tin it came with. I have the instruction pamphlet but unless its the part written in chinese i see no sign of warranty.

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #832 of 1,324

Quote:
I have a question. I am having serious issues with my e10 including: loose headphone jack, clicking sound between songs and also static that requires a replug to fix. Also my sound quality just seems to be degrading over time. I bought thid product through ebay on release and was wondering if i could get a refund or replacement through fiio? Or since i bought it through ebay am i stuck with this broken product?
Just thought i would add that i cant seem to find a warranty in the tin it came with. I have the instruction pamphlet but unless its the part written in chinese i see no sign of warranty.

What's the deal with the "click" sound between songs? If I play CDs, the E7 ( as stand alone amp)  will click between every track and high distortion on HF but the E7 would not do that if I run the CD player Toslink to the D3 as a DAC, then everything is fine. ANW, I have the RA to send the extra  E7 back, so so long goodbye to the E7.

I still love my E10, E7/E9 combo via my IMac and my Sony laptop. No click, no pop, no distortion...just fine.

Feb 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #834 of 1,324

Quote:

Yes, I know what you mean by clicking sound: just received mine, and have the same issue: exactly 20 seconds after stopping music playback on my computer, there's a click/crackling sound from the left channel, as if DC level changes suddenly, probably because of some part of the device goes into a power-save or mute state.
I also wonder if this is normal, otherwise I'd send back mine, because just received it.

(your other problems are most likely because of the bad jack socket: wrong connection makes it loose sound quality. But clicking/crackling between/after songs is a different issue, it should affect all E10s)

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #836 of 1,324
After sitting idle for a while, my sound seems to be getting distorted. Unplugging the USB cable from the E10 and plugging it back in fixes the problem.

Mine is a "version C" I believe, with the bass boost on / off graphic on the front.

Is this a common problem, or something that can be fixed? I love this little thing, but having to plug and unplug it is a major PITA.

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #837 of 1,324
Quote:
After sitting idle for a while, my sound seems to be getting distorted. Unplugging the USB cable from the E10 and plugging it back in fixes the problem.

Mine is a "version C" I believe, with the bass boost on / off graphic on the front.

Is this a common problem, or something that can be fixed? I love this little thing, but having to plug and unplug it is a major PITA.

Mine will occasionally distort (and it's not subtle) when I initially plug it in, but as you said, replugging fixes it. But, in my case, because it doesn't happen so frequently and the fix is rather instantaneous, I don't mind it. I suppose the sound makes up for it the most. Btw, I've the bass on/off silk screen version (which I believe is the 2nd revision, with the 3rd one still on its way). 

It think someone else mentioned it, but it would've been nice if the volume pot clicked on/off.  

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #838 of 1,324
Hi all,

Just got some DT770 80 ohm and Fiio E10.

I have a 2010 Macbook Pro i7 top spec (£2500 machine)

And for the life of me I cannot hear a single difference between my Mac and the E10. Apart from the E10 goes louder, but my Mac goes loud enough!

I have tried it with very dynamic music also, and still no difference!

Looks like I'll be sending it back to amazon...

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #839 of 1,324

Quote:
Can someone explain to me why one would get the Fiio E10 over the Fiio D5 when the Fiio D5 is only 20 bucks? What does the Fiio E10 do better if anything?

The output on the D5 is only 70mW into 32 ohm, while E10 is more than double at 150mW. What headphones will you be using? Also the DAC chip on the E10 has better specs with 24-bit support. Another benefit of analog control is for more precise volume adjustments especially with earphones with high sensitivity ie IEMs. Generally, you shouldn't expect the same fidelity from a $20 device compared to a higher priced one offered by the same company. When you compare one company's product against another company's product then it's a whole new ball game that can't always be told by the price.

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #840 of 1,324
Is there a way to stop the "popping" between sounds? Very annoying for general computer usage with every sound being accompanies before hand with a pop, although it's only really audible when you have the FiiO itself turned up (for example, having the source volume at 10% with the FiiO at 100% rather than having it the other way around).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back