IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$)
Sep 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #32 of 40
Also the Sony XBA-1 has forward mids though not as much as say the e-Q7 or Creative Aurvana IE3 and they have good detail also.  I kinda with I didn't give them to my sister because they're a fun IEM to use from time to time.  They had pretty good bass for a small single BA along with relaxed but detailed highs that do roll off around 13Hz or 14Hz.  Soundstage was about average with good imaging and separation for how much they cost.  At $62 on Amazon I think they're a steal and probably the most balanced sounding set out of the XBA series.

Sep 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #33 of 40
Dunu Ares or Crius also have forward mids as well (to my ears anyways :))

Sep 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:
The FXD80... very detailed forward mids, and crisp clear vocals.

Very detailed, crisp, and clear I can agree with.

Forward? No.

The Vsonic GR06 is (to me) as good as they come for that kind of signature in that price range. It's has beautiful mids, while never sacrificing the bass or treble. It's worth a long look.

Sep 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Very detailed, crisp, and clear I can agree with.

Forward? No.

Yep.. not foward.  These NCT can deliver clear, crisp and detailed sound even when they have V shapped frecuencies.

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #36 of 40
As OP I also has M4 which is my main IEM especially for rock.

For vocals I used PL30 (its successor E30). In my ear, PL30 has mids that has this sort of tiny echo that gives listening in an empty room kind of feeling. This sound signature I believed what people to laud it as having a great soundstage. It is not fast but listening to midcentric music like Adele's 21 or Radiohead's The Kings of Limbs is where PL30 really shine as long the musical instruments are few or not fast in tempo. Giving Up The Ghost gave me goosebumps with this IEM.

Sep 21, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #38 of 40
I had that issue with the M4 too, the mids were recessed and a bit unnatural. The RE-Zero is my recommendation in your price range for good upfront mids, the signature is slightly warm and very detailed, the highs are extended and the bass is tight, but doesn't go very deep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back