iBasso released it,they named it Toucan
Jul 7, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #16 of 37
Finally... It looks very good imo... very solid. now lets wait for the balance dac and cable...

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #21 of 37
from snakes to birds, indeed...
to quote Friedrich Nietzsche:

"He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying."

looks like they went straight from slithering to flying.  pretty impressive. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #24 of 37
Let me know how you like it! As you can tell from my sig, I took your advice and have the S:Flo2/Alo combo right now. However, this amp also intrigues me and I wouldn't mind having a portable balanced setup with my netbook.

Jul 10, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #27 of 37
I like the connector better than the one used on the Protector. It also accepts balanced input.

Jul 10, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #29 of 37
It's a kind of 6-pin mini xlr

Jul 10, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #30 of 37
Another amp, another connector.  At least they are making a balanced DAC to go with it and have balanced input. Looks like an improvement on the camera accessory connector the Protector uses though.  There's also Hifiman who took the obvious option and are using a TRRS plug.

Quote:
Is the balanced DAC a dual Wolfson 8740?

I hope not, the 8740 is rubbish, seriously. People only like it because it's so rolled-off that it doesn't sound harsh as a Cirrus does with steep cut-off filter.  But that's another issue entirely...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back