Ibasso D4 / T3 Review Thread
Sep 16, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #391 of 445
They are both great amps...if you want a great DAC and amp combo, get the D4 at about 250 shipped, its a steal...if you just need an amp the new Toucan is pretty awesome (see my review thread), it is both balanced and single ended output, and FANTASTIC!

Sep 18, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #395 of 445
The T3 pairs well with the TF10 w/ Enyo cable, the warm signature makes it more balanced now, but still with those sparkling highs, but tamed. Also love to pair them with the SM3. Just a very good little amp.

Oct 24, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #396 of 445
So has anyone used the T3 with HD25-1? I havea  home built cmoy that I use with my pair and find that the lows dont scale up with the rest of the spectrum when turning up the sound and At the moment im looking for an amp that would deliver balanced sound amplification, and thus was considering the T3 since i read that the bass is slightly boosted and has alot of potential when tunning the gain, but would like to know if any one tried it with Hd25-1 and how it sounded? Thanks.

Well Since no one replied I pulled the trigger and ordered the T3 will post my short impression of 
Zune HD-Cmoy-HD25-1II vs ZuneHD-T3-HD25-1 II. If the T3 sounds at least slightly better then my cmoy it was well worth it considering how much smaller it is as well as battery life increase (that is how much less often I will have to buy replacments...). 

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #397 of 445

[size=medium]
Got it today. I noticed no one posed any RMAA tests for T3 so here is some. 

Spectrum2.png

Lows (only large diff from the orginal laptop sound source)
SpectrumB.png

When I compared the graphs to my sound card output compared to amplified T3 signal there was practicly no change in frequency responce untill you look into the low regions where at gain of +3 the bass is slightly emphasized over the source and where gain of 8 and 10 the bass is generaly lower. Wich is what IMO the amp is suppose to do. Im gonna burn it in for good 100 hrs and do anothe RMAA test with same cables wounder if anything will change...

[/size]

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #398 of 445

Quote:

considering the Walkman X has an even better headphone out? Iget the feeling that in order to even make any difference with this specific player I'd really need to be using one of the tier 1/2/3 amps instead.

Everyone on here who's amping the X seems to be using either  D4 mamba or Arrows 12he amp

I believe the D4 has retained its position on skylab's 'Tier 2' ranking, but its all very subjective. I can only tell you this - I considered the T3/D4 necessary with my 6G iPod Classic, but felt that I was getting all the amplification I needed from the stock amp in the X1060 Walkman. I dont have hard-to-drive cans any more, and I question whether anyone should be trying to drive said cans from a portable amp, but the Walkman is great with Grados and the IEMs I've owned.

I still use the D4, but the T3 sits somewhere in a suitcase, largely untouched.

Nov 10, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #399 of 445

Definitely not a TIER2 amp, I dont agree whatsoever!...take the D4, insert HiFlight's opamp and you have one of the highest quality amp/DAC combo.
It just so happens I decided to take a break from my current listening with the Toucan/P4 to bring the D4 to work, streaming Pandora as I do at work...this amp is simply a stunning product, if someone is looking for a AMP/DAC combo that is this size...nothing comes close, and that is price notwithstanding, add the value, that this amp is really worth much more when you compare quality to value...LIVE Bluestraveler doing "No woman no cry right now!!!" WOW!

Quote:

I believe the D4 has retained its position on skylab's 'Tier 2' ranking, but its all very subjective. I can only tell you this - I considered the T3/D4 necessary with my 6G iPod Classic, but felt that I was getting all the amplification I needed from the stock amp in the X1060 Walkman. I dont have hard-to-drive cans any more, and I question whether anyone should be trying to drive said cans from a portable amp, but the Walkman is great with Grados and the IEMs I've owned.

I still use the D4, but the T3 sits somewhere in a suitcase, largely untouched.

Nov 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #400 of 445
does anyone have both a D4 and so luckily have an arrow 12he as well?  Since these are both web products, i can only rely on reading on head-fi.  while skylab puts the d4 near the top, and several others have too, i've been recommended to wait for an arrow which they believe is on a whole different level than the d4.  The only other one i considered was the PDC XM5.  I just don't feel like shelling out $300 and waiting for 3 months+ for an arrow, unless i can find some direct comparison.  i couldn't even find a direct comparison between the d4 and xm5.

thnx

Nov 14, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #401 of 445

Quote:
does anyone have both a D4 and so luckily have an arrow 12he as well?  Since these are both web products, i can only rely on reading on head-fi.  while skylab puts the d4 near the top, and several others have too, i've been recommended to wait for an arrow which they believe is on a whole different level than the d4.  The only other one i considered was the PDC XM5.  I just don't feel like shelling out $300 and waiting for 3 months+ for an arrow, unless i can find some direct comparison.  i couldn't even find a direct comparison between the d4 and xm5.

thnx

I started a short comparison of 4 DAC/amps that blew up into 13 DAC/amps over time.  It's not very organized, but I've include all the ones I've heard here http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/306883/updated-2-22-review-13-usb-dac-amp-predator-pico-2-3move-d10-d3-d2-viper-boa-d1-lyrix-microamp-vivid-v1-nuforce-xm5

Nov 16, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #402 of 445
Hey i am thinking of getting the D4...
I have the E5 right now :/ they do make my UE 3 sound a little better, but they do hiss specially if i push the amp to a high volume...

Im having my D2000 coming in this friday, i know their ez to drive, but i do want an amp that can support 300 ohms headphone for future new toys :)

I do listen to music pretty loud... since hanging with my musician friends for all this year does my ear wrong ;P

So would the D4 be a good choice? i think for the value its a good choice...

Nov 16, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #403 of 445

Quote:
Hey i am thinking of getting the D4...
I have the E5 right now :/ they do make my UE 3 sound a little better, but they do hiss specially if i push the amp to a high volume...

Im having my D2000 coming in this friday, i know their ez to drive, but i do want an amp that can support 300 ohms headphone for future new toys :)

I do listen to music pretty loud... since hanging with my musician friends for all this year does my ear wrong ;P

So would the D4 be a good choice? i think for the value its a good choice...

Try reading the whole thread and following the links to more reviews?

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #404 of 445
More D4 listening today...even with the new amps...I like this amp with Hiflight's topkit...especially for my office and the Ultrasone 2500s!
I think I may buy the high bitrate Pandora subscription in 2011!!!

Pauly

Dec 10, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #405 of 445
I have a new LR module that is now part of the P4 and D12 Topkits. It also works very well with the D4, both at the 5v and 9v settings. It is based on the LT1678 opamp, which is a dual-channel. There are no single-channel versions of this available, but I have found a means of biasing dual-channels for Class A operation. The 1678 is notable for its palpable bass and sweet highs. It has a very smooth and liquid sound.

Yes, this hobby is ADDICTIVE!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back