Ibasso D4 / T3 Review Thread
Feb 27, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #361 of 445
Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never heard the T3 but from what I've read, the T3's are really nice but the D4's got this refinement over the T3's which puts it in the top tier portable amps, the D4 will give you enough juice to drive your HD 650's.

Feb 28, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #362 of 445
Just had a great listening experience with the Classic>T3>UETF10 and Sultans of swing apple lossless. Great recording (Sultans of swing Best of from 2005). Can't believe how good it sounds. Haven't listened to the song for years and it seems Dire Straits have lots of more instruments this time, I can hear new guitar parts everywhere
smily_headphones1.gif

Feels great to have experiences like this one with my modest setup. I can only imagine the quality of desktop amps and big head phones!
Another thing: I had almost decided to buy the D4 when HPA wrote about the 3move which seems to be in the same price/SQ group as the D4 but can provide a bit more power (may be better for my HD650) and also runs for much longer with a 9v battery. But the D4 has dual dac chips. Any thoughts/experiences?

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #364 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found that the initial 'brightness' I heard was just my FE333 finally getting their full treble potential with some poorly recorded songs. With better recordings, less compression, the T3 shows its metal.

Always the case. An amp is only as good as the source, which is why CDs are my preferred source from a single well Sony cd player.

Feb 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #365 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by trentino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just had a great listening experience with the Classic>T3>UETF10 and Sultans of swing apple lossless. Great recording (Sultans of swing Best of from 2005). Can't believe how good it sounds. Haven't listened to the song for years and it seems Dire Straits have lots of more instruments this time, I can hear new guitar parts everywhere
smily_headphones1.gif

Feels great to have experiences like this one with my modest setup. I can only imagine the quality of desktop amps and big head phones!
Another thing: I had almost decided to buy the D4 when HPA wrote about the 3move which seems to be in the same price/SQ group as the D4 but can provide a bit more power (may be better for my HD650) and also runs for much longer with a 9v battery. But the D4 has dual dac chips. Any thoughts/experiences?

I haven't heard the 3move, but the D4 dac is crazy good for the $.

May 7, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #368 of 445

Quote:
Why wont anyone get me a good review on the D3 >.>

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/306883/updated-2-22-review-13-usb-dac-amp-predator-pico-2-3move-d10-d3-d2-viper-boa-d1-lyrix-microamp-vivid-v1-nuforce-xm5

May 7, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #369 of 445
 I posted a help topic like 3 times in the past few weeks asking how it powers the Shure 840 and Pk1s and peoples thoughts on it.  Of course it will power them im sure, but "how well" is the question

May 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #370 of 445
I have the Ibasso T3D i must say i am very impress with it!

Using with IE8, and it bring out even more bass from the ie8. I constantly put it at setting (2,4) since I really love the details it brings out. I find that it fill up the "gap" for IE8 high and mid. The high are much sparkling to me, in which lacking in the IE8. And i really love the bassy feeling with it. Bass seem to be more punchy... ( when IE8 bass setting set at it's lowest).

Living in singapore, I have also tried Jaben Go vibe! series and tried the deringger which is something like it's size and this impress me more than any Go vibe! series offers in Jaben.

Might go on and look for an interconnector. Any suggestion?

May 13, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #372 of 445
Agree with paulybatz - enjoying the D4 right now as dac/amp from my pc, playing Tool's "The Grudge" on Winamp. I use the D4 portable with Classic 160GB when commuting and as dac/amp at home :)
iBasso stuff is great. I'm very excited about their desktop amp, last I heard they will release it this summer!

Jul 7, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #375 of 445
Just got a pair of HD650s and the D4 powers them without issue and fantastically...I REALLY REALLY LOVE this little amp...doing some listening to Jerry Garcia & David Grisman Channel on Pandora...using USB power for the amp too!!!!

I am more than impressed, as these are supposed to be very difficult to drive HPs but with ease even on the low gain setting, though not 100% sure, but I think I prefer the high gain 

WOW, right now a cover of "Knockin on Heaven's Door"

I just ordered the Toucan and DAC...I cannot wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back