Ibasso D4 / T3 Review Thread
Feb 23, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #346 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by richbass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@HeadphoneAddict, I am really impressed attitude towards head-fierz

Is this ironic? Because HeadphoneAddict is an incredible resource for all of us - he's spent literally hundreds of hours logging the most detailed reviews possible and writing up all of his results in clear, readable language. If he's already written a major review with tons of information, and someone asks a tiny question, he'll always point them to where they can find the answer to that question + more information. That's precisely what he should do. A bit more respect is in order.

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #347 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by richbass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@HeadphoneAddict, I am really impressed attitude towards head-fierz

I would actually love to see him go off on someone one day, lol.

When the same questions get asked over and over in multiple threads it gets annoying. Especially for someone who goes way out of his way to give people reviews and answer question and requests.

I have to admit I ask questions that gets asked all the time and sometimes I should just use the search button. At the same time I would never get offended if someone called me out on it by telling me it was answered in another thread or if they told me to use the search button.

Back on track. I was going to buy the T3 but it looks like most people don't see a big enough improvement with the TF10 or IE7.

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #348 of 445
I didn't take richbass's comment as being negative, but now I see that it might be a little ambiguous. But, we've had several discussions before in PM that have gone well, so I took his comment as a positive one.

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #349 of 445
Hi audiophiles one simple question

Which one of the following is better T3 or T4 or T3D .I am planning to get one pretty soon.I already have a cmoy paired with a Cowon D2 and RE1.I am a bass head which one of the above will be good for me.I do not want the amp to give too much of bloated bass .The cmoy is not of my liking it has too much bass upfront.

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #350 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalspree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi audiophiles one simple question

Which one of the following is better T3 or T4 or T3D .I am planning to get one pretty soon.I already have a cmoy paired with a Cowon D2 and RE1.I am a bass head which one of the above will be good for me .The cmoy is not of my liking it has too much bass upfront.

I think the general consensus has been T3 > T3D > T4

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #351 of 445
T3>t3d>t4

I saw a pretty substantive difference with iPhone-t3-tf10 vs iPhone-tf10 or iPhone-FILOe5-tf10

others have said the t4 is no better than the iphone's internal amp.
The digital volume supposedly has a slight negative effect on sound, but is nice if you listen to iems very quietly, as it will keep them balanced. I did not have a problem with this when I had my t3 though.

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #352 of 445
Thanks guys
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #353 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
T3>t3d>t4

I saw a pretty substantive difference with iPhone-t3-tf10 vs iPhone-tf10 or iPhone-FILOe5-tf10

others have said the t4 is no better than the iphone's internal amp.
The digital volume supposedly has a slight negative effect on sound, but is nice if you listen to iems very quietly, as it will keep them balanced. I did not have a problem with this when I had my t3 though.

I'm really interested in knowing what could i expect from an iPhone 3G S+LOD+T3+Shure SE 420 versus my current portable setup which is iPhone 3G S HPO+Shure SE 420. Is it worth the added bulk for on the go and office listening ? Is the difference huge or just subtle... Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #354 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by elfary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really interested in knowing what could i expect from an iPhone 3G S+LOD+T3+Shure SE 420 versus my current portable setup which is iPhone 3G S HPO+Shure SE 420. Is it worth the added bulk for on the go and office listening ? Is the difference huge or just subtle... Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

It is a slight upgrade in sound, and a bigger upgrade in power. I tend to not use an amp with my iPhone 3GS, and if I want slightly better sound or want to save my iPhone battery then I use my 5G Nano with T3 amp. This frees up my iPhone for calls and data, and my Mophie juice pack battery case wont allow me to use the line out dock for music anyway.

Sometimes where an amp is beneficial is in correcting problems with frequency response between an IEM and an MP3 player. Since I have not heard an SE420 I can't say which will sound better driving those IEM. For example, my Triple.fi 10 Pro sound too recessed in the mids right out of my iPhone, and with the T3 amp the mids are more forward sounding. I think I actually prefer the too-forward mids when using the T3 more than the recessed mids without it.

Unfortunately my Triple.fi are an iPhone headset and I can't make phone calls through the T3 amp and have to use the headphone out. The T3 also improves the UE11Pro with the iPhone vs right out of the headphonoe jack. But I am perfectly happy to use the W3, ES3X and JH13Pro right out of the iPhone headphone jack.

Feb 25, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #356 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is a slight upgrade in sound, and a bigger upgrade in power. I tend to not use an amp with my iPhone 3GS, and if I want slightly better sound or want to save my iPhone battery then I use my 5G Nano with T3 amp. This frees up my iPhone for calls and data, and my Mophie juice pack battery case wont allow me to use the line out dock for music anyway.

Sometimes where an amp is beneficial is in correcting problems with frequency response between an IEM and an MP3 player. Since I have not heard an SE420 I can't say which will sound better driving those IEM. For example, my Triple.fi 10 Pro sound too recessed in the mids right out of my iPhone, and with the T3 amp the mids are more forward sounding. I think I actually prefer the too-forward mids when using the T3 more than the recessed mids without it.

Unfortunately my Triple.fi are an iPhone headset and I can't make phone calls through the T3 amp and have to use the headphone out. The T3 also improves the UE11Pro with the iPhone vs right out of the headphonoe jack. But I am perfectly happy to use the W3, ES3X and JH13Pro right out of the iPhone headphone jack.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. You're one of wiser headfier's and it's always a pleasure to read your comments.

I happen to have the Mophie Juicepack Air as well. It's a pity that the LOD is unavailable when using that otherwise great case (Which fills the major shortcoming of the iPhone)

...But since i do own as well a 2009 iPod Classic that to my ears happens to have a sound signature which is pretty similar to the 3G S i might end up getting a T3 for the Classic so that when i'm on the mood i can carry away my whole music library to enjoy it amped by this tiny piece of hardware.

Did you ever have the chance to listen a 2009 iPod Classic ? Since i got it i've looking for the opinion of wise headfiers like you
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #357 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by elfary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks a lot for your feedback. You're one of wiser headfier's and it's always a pleasure to read your comments.

I happen to have the Mophie Juicepack Air as well. It's a pity that the LOD is unavailable when using that otherwise great case (Which fills the major shortcoming of the iPhone)

...But since i do own as well a 2009 iPod Classic that to my ears happens to have a sound signature which is pretty similar to the 3G S i might end up getting a T3 for the Classic so that when i'm on the mood i can carry away my whole music library to enjoy it amped by this tiny piece of hardware.

Did you ever have the chance to listen a 2009 iPod Classic ? Since i got it i've looking for the opinion of wise headfiers like you
wink.gif

The last time I listened to a Classic it was when the 160gb first came out, but I haven't tried it since. It was not bad, but too long ago to remember the details.

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #358 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The last time I listened to a Classic it was when the 160gb first came out, but I haven't tried it since. It was not bad, but too long ago to remember the details.

Whenever you can get a hold of a 2009 generation Classic try it out. You might be surprised
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #359 of 445
I've used the T3 a while now with iem's and liked the sq very much. Recently bought HD650 and I'm now planning on getting the D4. Can't really afford a desktop amp yet. Surely the D4 must make the HD650 sound better than with the T3? I know T3 is for iem's so using it with the HD650 is crazy, but I want to be sure that the D4 is an improvement over the T3, maybe not as much with iem's but with the HD650? I don't wanna buy the D4 if it doesn't make quite a big improvement.
Thanks!

Feb 27, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #360 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by trentino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've used the T3 a while now with iem's and liked the sq very much. Recently bought HD650 and I'm now planning on getting the D4. Can't really afford a desktop amp yet. Surely the D4 must make the HD650 sound better than with the T3? I know T3 is for iem's so using it with the HD650 is crazy, but I want to be sure that the D4 is an improvement over the T3, maybe not as much with iem's but with the HD650? I don't wanna buy the D4 if it doesn't make quite a big improvement.
Thanks!

I've never heard the T3 but from what I've read, the T3's are really nice but the D4's got this refinement over the T3's which puts it in the top tier portable amps, the D4 will give you enough juice to drive your HD 650's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back