Ibasso D4 / T3 Review Thread
Jan 8, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #316 of 445
hey i order mine yesterday to but its my first headphone amp is this battery ok for the iBasso D4 -MAHA 9V 300mAh Rechargeable NiMH Battery
atsmile.gif
L3000.gif
happy_face1.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #317 of 445
that is a good battery, however without daily listening, I use them actually in my wireless mics and they are a fantastic battery, top of the line. However, one thing to consider is that standard NIMH batteries lose their charge rapidly over time. I just oredered 2 tysonic low discharge 9V for my D4, they will not last as long but Ill always have a spare at close to full charge, without worrying about topping it off before I leave the house.

They do make a 500MAH Lithium 9V that Jamato uses...I do not have any experience....

This is my go to place for batteries...
Rechargeable Batteries | Maha Imedion | Sanyo Eneloop | Lithium | NiMH Rechargeable Battery

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #318 of 445
More listening today...I cannot get enough of the amp and streaming music at the office!!! I think Ill keep the new opamp in for a while and then switch it back just for giggles...the sound stage is definitely wider, not as wide as LISA but man for the price of this amp and the opamp from Hiflight you cannot beat this little guy....also lets not forget about the T3, I love that amp so much, cannot believe the sound that comes from that tiny footprint, my Dad is just wowed by it, that is all he needs, he got one to replace his mini3 for the holidays!

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #319 of 445
With my camera equipment, even thought he low discharge batteries do not store as much energy, they are more reliable, as Pauly states above. I use the Tysonic and know they are always ready. With flashes etc., I have actually better life with the low discharge because unlike the NiMH they still have their charge but the NiMH may have lost 25 percent of their charge after a 2 week or less period, which does me little good. I have about 24 AA eneloop batteries and 16 AAA because they are just plain more reliable and also seem to have a better lifespan.

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #320 of 445
Yes, the T3 is very transparent and defies its size. It is one of the best small amps and for its actual size, the best there is. The battery life is also excellent and it recharges in a short period of time.

Jan 18, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #321 of 445
"Black Peter"
on
What a Long Strange Trip it's been: The Best of the Grateful Dead
Simply a fantastic song to hear on my 2500s through the D4 DAC and Amp, the dueling guitars, especially the right ear's guitar just perfect. Ive heard the song before just not like this!

Another sweet one
Where are you tonight?
Bob Dylan
Street Legal
left ear bongos are fantastic

Love this little amp!
atsmile.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #323 of 445
I've ordered one to complement my D4 and now FiQuest! I have doubts as to how well it will really 'drive' iems as the D4 and FiQuest, as good as they are don't necessarily drive iems to their full potential, though they come quite close. Very much looking forward.

Feb 13, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #325 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by richbass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hows T3 compared to D10 cobra ?
Thanks

The D10 and D4 are both noticeably better than the T3. I prefer the D4 slightly above the D10.

The T3 is slightly below the Meier Headsix and therefore likely slightly below the iBasso D3, but I preferred the T3 slightly over the D2 Boa or Nuforce Icon Mobile.

Feb 13, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #326 of 445
Even at this early stage, with about 10 hours on the D4, I prefer the D4 to the T3. Particularly impressed with how well it brings some of the crappier bitrate stuff in my iTunes collection to life - some might consider the D4 amp to be a little warm for their tastes, but I cant get enough of that warmth.

Cant wait to get back to Oz and hook the D4 to gear like my Marantz CDP and the Topaz : so many possibilities, even though it doesnt support optical in like the D10. iBasso have had 3 bullseyes from 3 new products, IMO - will be interesting to see them top this.

Feb 13, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #328 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've ordered one to complement my D4 and now FiQuest! I have doubts as to how well it will really 'drive' iems as the D4 and FiQuest, as good as they are don't necessarily drive iems to their full potential, though they come quite close. Very much looking forward.

Even the iBasso FiQuest doesn't drive IEMs perfectly? Wow..

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #329 of 445
Question, I have my computer speakers connected via AUX. I am getting sound with the D4 off, is the Mamba just passing through the signal when off or am I getting a signal through the DAC. I am hoping it passes through the DAC on the way out as I hear no difference with the unit on. Mind you this this question is for computer speakers only.

Feb 15, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #330 of 445
Quote:

Originally Posted by jelt2359 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even the iBasso FiQuest doesn't drive IEMs perfectly? Wow..

It is very close. With BB op-amps, it is quite linear, but it along with many large amps isn't quite perfectly linear.

The FiQuest, may however, be my favourite amp with iems for its smooth (or otherwise depending on your configuration) nature, great resolution, and very low noise floor.

It is about 90% perfect. When I say drive, I don't mean volume - any amp can get too loud with earphones; I mean 20-20 000 0-0 frequency response when under load and low distortion. The FiQuest is 90% of perfect and I will fiddle to see if I can get that last 5% - 10% out.

At the same time, it matches a wider range of headphones than any portable amps I have tried (and that is a lot of portables). Love? Yes.

That said, my T3 should come some time this week and may become a wicked part of my portable setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back