Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 7, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #16,562 of 18,892
Too bad UK is not in EU. I have to find another brand. I am not gonna pay 40% extra for taxes :)
The UK seller should omit UK VAT from the selling price and you should pay your own country VAT upon import so you ought to be paying more or less the same as before. It works the same when we in the UK buy from the EU (or indeed from any other country). I’m not quite sure where you got the figure for the 40% extra taxes.

Aug 7, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #16,563 of 18,892
Aug 7, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #16,564 of 18,892
Just one thing I don´t understand about the TT2. Why did they make 2 SE jacks?

Any reason for this?

Aug 7, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #16,566 of 18,892
Ok say I wanted to A/B test Arya vs Susvara`?

But thats a lot of power needed for those headphones right?

Aug 7, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #16,567 of 18,892
I read alot of Farad3 users for the TT2 but the Farad only has 3A, and the stock PSU from Chord has 4A.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #16,568 of 18,892
The UK seller should omit UK VAT from the selling price and you should pay your own country VAT upon import so you ought to be paying more or less the same as before. It works the same when we in the UK buy from the EU (or indeed from any other country). I’m not quite sure where you got the figure for the 40% extra taxes.
Do you know if it is possible to get them i EU?

EDIT: Standard Shippin 59pounds??????? Are they out of there got damn mind????

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #16,569 of 18,892
Has anyone had success pairring the TT2 with a good headphone amp?

Ferrum
Enleum
Flux
Niimbus
iFi
mScaler ==> TT2 ==> DSHA-3F here

Double-plus good

Also nice feeding amp section of Audio-gd Master 11.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #16,570 of 18,892

Ferrum
Enleum
Flux
Niimbus
iFi
Pairs excellently in DAC only mode with Linear Tube Audio MZ3, Schiit Folkvangr and Eddie Current Studio B head amps. The above tube amps round out the very clean detailed sound of the TT2 into a “best of both worlds” combination of high detail, sense of the space and musicality (=long listening sessions). Related, Qutest was a nice pairing with Flux FA-22 but sold the Flux before the TT2 arrived.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #16,571 of 18,892
Pairs excellently in DAC only mode with Linear Tube Audio MZ3, Schiit Folkvangr and Eddie Current Studio B head amps. The above tube amps round out the very clean detailed sound of the TT2 into a “best of both worlds” combination of high detail, sense of the space and musicality (=long listening sessions). Related, Qutest was a nice pairing with Flux FA-22 but sold the Flux before the TT2 arrived.
Thanl you very much. Any Solid State amps that comes to mind?

That MZ3 does look sweet. How about soundstage, bigger or smaller?
-Is the volume knob to clicky/loud?
- I like products like this that do emphasize on psu also.

you think it will be powerful enough for susvara?

From official site(review)
"I use it mainly as a preamp combined with the Pass XA25 to drive my Susvara/Abyss TC"

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #16,572 of 18,892
Thanl you very much. Any Solid State amps that comes to mind?

That MZ3 does look sweet. How about soundstage, bigger or smaller?
-Is the volume knob to clicky/loud?
- I like products like this that do emphasize on psu also.

you think it will be powerful enough for susvara?

From official site(review)
"I use it mainly as a preamp combined with the Pass XA25 to drive my Susvara/Abyss TC"
MZ3 is only 1W speaker/pre/head amp so not enough power alone for Susvara unless you listen at low volumes. Sound stage matches the recording setting. Big room and it will reveal it. But it will also give you intimate sense of space if the recording environment was such. I like clicky volume knobs but not too loud but certainly noticeable. For pure SS needs, I just use TT2 as is. If you can find a used Flux FA-10 that pushes 16W into 32ohms and may be a good inexpensive option.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #16,573 of 18,892
I don’t discount the potential impacts of power supplies in some cases and use an upgraded power supply on my streamer. However, since the TT2 effectively runs off internal super capacitors and the power supply is simply charging the capacitors from which all the actual components run, I’m struggling to understand how an upgraded PS impacts TT2 sound? Others swear by impacts of upgraded PS for the Chord Qutest for example but not the TT2 due to said super capacitors.

I think Rob Watts had previously posted his opinions on adding a LPS to the TT2 . They do change the sound, albeit not necessarily in a positive manner:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hug...official-thread.879425/page-653#post-15718333

Nothing against those who choose to add an lps though. This is a subjective hobby after all.

Aug 7, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #16,574 of 18,892
I sometimes run the TT2 through the ALO Studio Six. You lose a bit of fine detail in exchange for a bit more of a "euphonic" sound. I only have two pairs of headphones that actually require a better headphone amplifier, and one is unobtainable now (LCD-R).

I've tried capacitor banks and noise filters on the TT2 with no change in the sound, so unless a different PSU is adding noise, I can't see why one would make a difference. More details about what is "better" with one added would be interesting though.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #16,575 of 18,892
I sometimes run the TT2 through the ALO Studio Six. You lose a bit of fine detail in exchange for a bit more of a "euphonic" sound. I only have two pairs of headphones that actually require a better headphone amplifier, and one is unobtainable now (LCD-R).

I've tried capacitor banks and noise filters on the TT2 with no change in the sound, so unless a different PSU is adding noise, I can't see why one would make a difference. More details about what is "better" with one added would be interesting though.
If you're clipping your susvara in the tt2 and can't hear the difference in psu change on the tt2...clearly a issue in your chain setup. Tt2 psu change is very apparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back