Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 8, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #16,591 of 18,905
Could be awesome if Chord added af quality Headphone amp to there huge series :)

Anybody hear any rumour?

....Just a tiny bit.....then I am waiting

Aug 8, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #16,592 of 18,905
Is Amir for real or is he a troll?

If Dave is this bad Im cancelling the order right away. Damn!...reading the comments, topping etc....If he is not a troll, there are alot of reviewers Im gonna unsub

Aug 8, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #16,593 of 18,905
@ra990

I read through this thread and saw you had posted a video with problems with TT2. When did that happend. Áfter a while or when you bought it.

I have cold feet from buying this now, also from ASR review of dave en the issues people have.

EDIT: from the headphone jack groves it seems to be a challange for some headphone jacks to fit......damn all this pop up just when Im going to accept the order tomorrow....I think I pass on this DAC,...annoyed!

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #16,594 of 18,905
@ra990

I read through this thread and saw you had posted a video with problems with TT2. When did that happend. Áfter a while or when you bought it.

I have cold feet from buying this now, also from ASR review of dave en the issues people have.

EDIT: from the headphone jack groves it seems to be a challange for some headphone jacks to fit......damn all this pop up just when Im going to accept the order tomorrow....I think I pass on this DAC,...annoyed!
Hey man, you're all over the place and I can't keep up with you. Now you're getting a DAVE (or were?). Have you taken any time to just sit back and enjoy the music with what you have? I don't know what you are chasing but you are in the diminishing returns category now. You can spend twice as much and barely hear a difference.

The TT2 does have some issues but they're rare and Chord has always honored the warranty and taken care of me.

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #16,595 of 18,905
No I saw the review on Dave. I suddenly saw a lot of users have those CHG users you had. I ordered the TT2. Now I just thinking cancel it and use the money on the enleum and use my RME DAC and wait for spending money on dac'

Im sorry

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #16,596 of 18,905
No I saw the review on Dave. I suddenly saw a lot of users have those CHG users you had. I ordered the TT2. Now I just thinking cancel it and use the money on the enleum and use my RME DAC and wait for spending money on dac'

Im sorry
You're ordering it new right? So, you'd have a warranty in case something goes wrong with it. All you need to do is to make sure you never plug a hot DC cable into the TT2. Most of the issues are triggered by that. If you ever move your TT2 on your desk, don't forget to unplug the PSU from the wall before connecting it back to the TT2. That's pretty much going to guarantee you don't encounter the clicking issue I and others had.

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #16,597 of 18,905
1. "All you need to do is to make sure you never plug a hot DC cable into the TT2"
-Who does that?, thats crazy

2."If you ever move your TT2 on your desk, don't forget to unplug the PSU from the wall before connecting it back to the TT2"
-You mean like pushing/moving it while it is connected to power? - Weird

How about the SE jack groves. Will they fit every headphone 6.3 SE jack?

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #16,598 of 18,905
1. "All you need to do is to make sure you never plug a hot DC cable into the TT2"
-Who does that?, thats crazy

2."If you ever move your TT2 on your desk, don't forget to unplug the PSU from the wall before connecting it back to the TT2"
-You mean like pushing/moving it while it is connected to power? - Weird
Nobody does it intentionally, but imagine this scenario (which happened to me). I was moving things around on my desk. I moved the TT2 and the cable came out of the back, without thinking, I just plugged it back in - spark - clicking. That kind of thing has happened to several folks and there was a batch of TT2s with bad current inrush limiters. You'll notice less people are reporting that issue, so I think it really was just a bad batch and they're testing for this now before shipping (hopefully).

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #16,599 of 18,905
Nobody does it intentionally, but imagine this scenario (which happened to me). I was moving things around on my desk. I moved the TT2 and the cable came out of the back, without thinking, I just plugged it back in - spark - clicking. That kind of thing has happened to several folks and there was a batch of TT2s with bad current inrush limiters. You'll notice less people are reporting that issue, so I think it really was just a bad batch and they're testing for this now before shipping (hopefully).
Ok so I can actually do this DC hotplug and it is fixed?

How about the SE groves, will they fit any 6.3/SE connectors?

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #16,600 of 18,905
Ok so I can actually do this DC hotplug and it is fixed?

Hahah, what I'm saying is just be safe and don't do it. You'll probably be ok, but why take the chance?

Now the grooves...I don't know why on such a headphone dedicated device they'd have these unnecessary grooves that has prevented me from using certain plugs or adapters of my choice. But, realistically it's just a minor nuisance - probably some 98% of plugs will fit fine.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #16,601 of 18,905
A 6.3 jack is a 6.3 jack. There is only one type, and only has been for decades, so no problem there.

Please don't post multiple times in a row. It's rude, and considered spamming. If you're the last person to post in a thread, and you want to add something else, please EDIT your post. The link to do so is at the bottom of your post.

Aug 8, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #16,602 of 18,905
A 6.3 jack is a 6.3 jack. There is only one type, and only has been for decades, so no problem there.

Please don't post multiple times in a row. It's rude, and considered spamming. If you're the last person to post in a thread, and you want to add something else, please EDIT your post. The link to do so is at the bottom of your post.
I've had issues with certain cables not clicking into place because the actual socket is further inside the already grooved opening they have. I had to modify the stock Audeze LCD5 cable connector slightly to get it to audibly "click" into place, otherwise it just went in but I could tell it needed to go a bit further and couldn't.

I've also had 4.4 to 6.35 adapters that don't fit in that unnecessary groove. So, there are valid reasons to be annoyed at that design choice.

Example (try to get this into the TT2):

1660000420433.png

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #16,603 of 18,905
I've had issues with certain cables not clicking into place because the actual socket is further inside the already grooved opening they have. I had to modify the stock Audeze LCD5 cable connector slightly to get it to audibly "click" into place, otherwise it just went in but I could tell it needed to go a bit further and couldn't.

I've also had 4.4 to 6.35 adapters that don't fit in that unnecessary groove. So, there are valid reasons to be annoyed at that design choice.

Example (try to get this into the TT2):

1660000420433.png
Flashback to when I owned Beyer T1G2. Ordered some custom cables and the barrels of the headphone end were too big to fit into the jacks. Had to send back to builder and use a micrometer to let him know the max width barrel he could use.

In the end, it hardly mattered since I sold them fairly quickly -- just couldn't used to bloody ears :)

Aug 8, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #16,604 of 18,905
Susvara made me so confused about this amp thing that I think I will cancel the order and get a good amp instead for my RME DAC FS. Buy the better dac later.

Aug 8, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #16,605 of 18,905

Im sorry
I have the TT2/M-Scaler combo and use it also as a DAC to my Rivier AIC-10 with great results and now issues.

You could do that with the Enleum and have a great Setup. You would be able to power any headphone you want and drive speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back