Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 9, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #16,621 of 18,905
@ra990

I read through this thread and saw you had posted a video with problems with TT2. When did that happend. Áfter a while or when you bought it.

I have cold feet from buying this now, also from ASR review of dave en the issues people have.

EDIT: from the headphone jack groves it seems to be a challange for some headphone jacks to fit......damn all this pop up just when Im going to accept the order tomorrow....I think I pass on this DAC,...annoyed!
You said, you already bought a TT2 brand new. So what is the cold feet about?

Aug 9, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #16,622 of 18,905
You said, you already bought a TT2 brand new. So what is the cold feet about?
Mostly the power issue....This DAC is so beatiful to look at. Nothing like it. It just have enough power for my Arya which is fine for now(XLR for Susvara not gonna happen)

I don´t have the cold feet anymore knowing I have 3 years warranty. Its an amazing unit. So far I have not heard any RF, which was very normal on ADi2.

I need an clean powerful amp for Susvara. I looked at OOR/HYP combo. Wonder how iCAN Pro/Sig is on TT2. Enleum is going to be forever in my dreams until I try one.

Aug 9, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #16,623 of 18,905
Mostly the power issue....This DAC is so beatiful to look at. Nothing like it. It just have enough power for my Arya which is fine for now(XLR for Susvara not gonna happen)

I don´t have the cold feet anymore knowing I have 3 years warranty. Its an amazing unit. So far I have not heard any RF, which was very normal on ADi2.

I need an clean powerful amp for Susvara. I looked at OOR/HYP combo. Wonder how iCAN Pro/Sig is on TT2. Enleum is going to be forever in my dreams until I try one.
Man, you think too much.
Try to enjoy the stages.
Upgrade gradually.
:wink:

Aug 9, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #16,624 of 18,905
Man, you think too much.
Try to enjoy the stages.
Upgrade gradually.
:wink:
Haha. You are right. Cheers mate!

EDIT: Im glad I gave them a try. TT2 has so much clearity I dont need to turn the music up like I use to. Its not just an upgrade from diablo and rme. Speechless!

After this true experience I decide that ASR is a troll.

I don´t care what anybody says about his measurements. I have used EQ Reverbs, Compressors from A-Z when I use to work in different studios(10 years of my life, so I am a little trained to music). RME is nice because things sounds schitt on them(drivers amazing/asio), so a good mix on those chips makes nice music.

This is an revelation. Even the worst mp3 songs sounds like flac/CD vs diablo, rme.

Now I understand why Linus cried. I am 25% there. I say this with Arya....Susvara have note even been plugged in TT2 yet

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #16,625 of 18,905
Haha. You are right. Cheers mate!

EDIT: Im glad I gave them a try. TT2 has so much clearity I dont need to turn the music up like I use to. Its not just an upgrade from diablo and rme. Speechless!

After this true experience I decide that ASR is a troll.

I don´t care what anybody says about his measurements. I have used EQ Reverbs, Compressors from A-Z when I use to work in different studios(10 years of my life, so I am a little trained to music). RME is nice because things sounds schitt on them(drivers amazing/asio), so a good mix on those chips makes nice music.

This is an revelation. Even the worst mp3 songs sounds like flac/CD vs diablo, rme.

Now I understand why Linus cried. I am 25% there. I say this with Arya....Susvara have note even been plugged in TT2 yet
Arya is a respectable mid-fi headphone. There are numerous TOTL headphones above that can offer you a higher quality experience depending on your taste and budget.

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #16,626 of 18,905
Arya is a respectable mid-fi headphone. There are numerous TOTL headphones above that can offer you a higher quality experience depending on your taste and budget.
I think I should try all the HiFiMAN before I move on to other brands....I do have a certain love for the design of Elite though.

Anything in mind?

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #16,627 of 18,905
I think I should try all the HiFiMAN before I move on to other brands....I do have a certain love for the design of Elite though.

Anything in mind?
You seem to have a healthy budget, so I will recommend a few that comes to mind.
I always recommend to audition before purchase, as at this level headphones represent personal taste, not better/and worse sound...

Abyss 1266 TC
Meze Elite
Focal Utopia
ZMF Verité open and closed
T+A Solitaire P
Audeze LCD4/LCD5
Electrostats? (Audeze Carbon, new Stax offerings...)

There is a lot to discover.
And of course, I feel sorry for your budget. :)

Aug 9, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #16,628 of 18,905
You seem to have a healthy budget, so I will recommend a few that comes to mind.
I always recommend to audition before purchase, as at this level headphones represent personal taste, not better/and worse sound...

Abyss 1266 TC
Meze Elite
Focal Utopia
T+A Solitaire P
Audeze LCD4/LCD5

Thanks for recommendations....but I am trying to afford an good amp for Susvara. When thats done Im maybe not in for a purchase before for a long time.....but I just somehow know I gotta get Sundara CB and HEKV2 in my collection.

I was actually going for Meze Elite, but just(impuls) got all-in for the Susvara. Now I cant afford an amp for it.....hehehe!.

EDIT: When I said all the HiFiMAN I didnt mean the Shangri......I meant Sundara Closed Back, Arya v2, HEKV2(curious), Susvara.....thats all....

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #16,629 of 18,905

Abyss 1266 TC
Meze Elite
Focal Utopia
T+A Solitaire P
Audeze LCD4/LCD5

Agree with the above plus Kennerton Rögnir or Thror

Aug 10, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #16,630 of 18,905
Has anyone had success pairring the TT2 with a good headphone amp?

Ferrum
Enleum
Flux
Niimbus
iFi
@OCC7N I've paired it with ifi Pro iCan (not signature version but with upgraded PSU). Unless you really like Tube/Tube+ mode and can hear a difference or you are absolute fan of Pro iCan house sound in SS mode I think you can skip it and just use TT2 outputs.

Aug 10, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #16,631 of 18,905
@OCC7N I've paired it with ifi Pro iCan (not signature version but with upgraded PSU). Unless you really like Tube/Tube+ mode and can hear a difference or you are absolute fan of Pro iCan house sound in SS mode I think you can skip it and just use TT2 outputs.
Sorry my english but I didnt understand. I only should get it if I like tubes and the ifi sound?

I like the sound from iFi Diablo alot.

Aug 10, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #16,632 of 18,905
TT2 sound Impression 2. In my opinion

(zen/dac zen/can diablo rme dac fs).

These dacs are good, but I experience something different on TT2. I was suprised I could listen for hours, I found myself turning down the volume more because of the details. I did not need the same power/volume level as the other dacs to hear the “same” details, enjoyment.

TT2 sounds to me the music is being proccessed(DSP), like a sound engineer mastering the songs. It does its own thing. Its hard to compare with any of the mentioned dacs. TT2 does not play the music exactly like its “produced” it adds a signature. I like it on many songs.

I can hear it in the mid-highs. The recessed low-mids with a touch of a compressor. I dont miss the bass like I do on diablo and rme. These low frequencies have been lifted a notch, without sounding boomy.

It truly sounds like the engineer/designers have used alot of there time to give the listener a good experience for hours.

Edit: this impression is with AryaV2 I was just amazed how much of a difference(from diablo and rme) dacs made and forgot all about my newly bought susvara, which I only gave an hour on diablo. So my impression may change on the Susvara.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #16,633 of 18,905
Sorry my english but I didnt understand. I only should get it if I like tubes and the ifi sound?

I like the sound from iFi Diablo alot.
@OCC7N no worries. You got my post partially correct however I would suspect that ifi diablo sound signature is a bit different from Pro iCan. Have not heard the diablo so I can not comment more. Pro iCan is closer to iCan SE.

As for tubes in Pro iCan: some think that both Tube and Tube+ modes are (a bit) disappointing and the difference in sound isn't large enought.

The best advice: listen to Pro iCan first. IMHO unless you need some particular Pro iCan features stick to TT2 alone, you will save a lot of money especially if you consider Pro iCan Signature edition price.

Aug 10, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #16,634 of 18,905
@OCC7N no worries. You got my post partially correct however I would suspect that ifi diablo sound signature is a bit different from Pro iCan. Have not heard the diablo so I can not comment more. Pro iCan is closer to iCan SE.

As for tubes in Pro iCan: some think that both Tube and Tube+ modes are (a bit) disappointing and the difference in sound isn't large enought.

The best advice: listen to Pro iCan first. IMHO unless you need some particular Pro iCan features stick to TT2 alone, you will save a lot of money especially if you consider Pro iCan Signature edition price.
Thanks.

The thing that appeals to me with iCAN vs OOR, is the features.

I don’t understand the 1 year warranty though, when it is there flagship.

Aug 10, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #16,635 of 18,905
Negative/Cons about the TT2.

Drivers suck!....

Had anybody experienced slow(tempo) playback from spotiy?....I have never until TT2. I have to restart Spotify

...I also experienced my TT2 went completely off(lights off) but kept playing. Volume knob(led) normally always on?

Edit: about the psu hotplug. I noticed the psu kept charge for a long time after unplug from wall. Maybe this is the reason to plug it out from TT2 first. Because of the slow discharge from 15V to 0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back