Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 4, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #1,817 of 18,956
I totally agree with you, think your spot on, why make things complicated, keep it simple and pure

My amp adds room correction, which I manually set with many filters. A big plus in a less than perfect room (as most are) with speakers. Of course, this doesn’t apply to headphones which is one of the great advantages of Head-Fi!

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #1,818 of 18,956
My amp adds room correction, which I manually set with many filters. A big plus in a less than perfect room (as most are) with speakers. Of course, this doesn’t apply to headphones which is one of the great advantages of Head-Fi!
I use my Arcam Avr 850 for room correction but only for films, had loads of discussions over this with my dealers, they recommend stereo direct as its a much cleaner sound no digital processing involved,Arcam say the same plus I use the Rel cable on the two channels which sounds well better than the rca connection

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #1,819 of 18,956
Unless you do «Headphone Correction».:man:

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #1,820 of 18,956
I use my Arcam Avr 850 for room correction but only for films, had loads of discussions over this with my dealers, they recommend stereo direct as its a much cleaner sound no digital processing involved,Arcam say the same plus I use the Rel cable on the two channels which sounds well better than the rca connection

Arcam don’t know what everyone’s room is like! I’ve now moved this Tag McClaren amp upstairs into a bedroom and speakers are next to a Marshall stack! Room correction saved day and overrides any re-digitisation concerns. I wondered because after Hugo 2 out via RCA analogue then digitising for correction, if HUGOs DAC would still make such a difference. Pleased to say it does! Of course, Headphones can be plugged into H2 direct, so best of both worlds. If you have a perfect room, then agree Arcam correct.

Oct 4, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #1,821 of 18,956
Feel like I'm losing my marbles, how hard is it to get a job, I served my time as an electrician and got a nvq level two in engineering and now I've got to go on a remedial course for a week just to get a job as a temp, CHRIST! !!!!! Twenty years since I was sparking, forgotten half of it now,anyways on a happier note I'm glad Mrspeakers are releasing or have released the ether 2,now that's one headphone I would love to listen too

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #1,822 of 18,956
Feel like I'm losing my marbles, how hard is it to get a job, I served my time as an electrician and got a nvq level two in engineering and now I've got to go on a remedial course for a week just to get a job as a temp, CHRIST! !!!!! Twenty years since I was sparking, forgotten half of it now,anyways on a happier note I'm glad Mrspeakers are releasing or have released the ether 2,now that's one headphone I would love to listen too
Yes the MrSpeakers Ether 2 will be magical with the TT2.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #1,824 of 18,956
I phoned nintronics today, not spoke to them on the phone in about 6 months, they said I'm the sixth person to call today about the hugo TT 2 lol.Is it a good idea for the customer to have the manufacturers number? Everything should be through the dealer, if we have any issues with clothes do we ring the sweat shop up in China, of course we don't

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #1,825 of 18,956
Oct 5, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #1,826 of 18,956
Where in the London are are you exactly if indeed you are in London. I work for a very reputable M&E installation firm. Feel free to PM me.

Oct 5, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #1,827 of 18,956
I'll probably order the upgrade kit for the Ether this weekend.
Upgrade kit? I thought it was completely new?if they bring out the aeon open 2 will mine be able to be upgraded?Also can I buy the vivo cable separately?I've emailed Paul from hi-fi lounge, see if I can part ex my dum cable and the original cable for the vivo cable, it's 299 dollars so that's just over 200 pounds I think I'll check lol

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #1,830 of 18,956
No problem, me jumping to conclusions your near Nintronics. Read your posts on what happened, anyway Good luck in searching for that job. Lets hope your TT2 arrives soon. Best
Thanks mate, yes I'm always going on about nintronics lol, I know it's strange as I have dealers up here but they aren't in the same league as Nintronics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back