Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 23, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #18,946 of 19,009
I’ve been running the gambit a bit lately on streamers. Bluesound Node 2i -> Pi2AES w/LPS -> Eversolo DMP-A6 w/LPS -> Holo Audio Red.

I did my best to blind test the Red agains the A6 and Pi2 and its an incredibly close race. Ultimately I settled on the Red but that nagging feeling in my brain says “it can be better yet”

FWIW I used both optical and USB inputs to MS and I thought USB sounded best (apparently I like the added noise)

May 23, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #18,947 of 19,009
noted,i have already tried utopia but it did not move me.
vocal sounds a bit flat to my ear. but it's definitely on my list.

i tried meze empyrean 2 last week and that's also on my list.
Another HP from a local diyer is coming, Im in the waiting queue.
I've checked the other one from the same diyer before but it sounds close to hd800.
and the new one sounds like and I quote " a susvara with less hunger for power"
does audeze lcdx a good match with tt2?
I wonder.

May 23, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #18,949 of 19,009
noted,i have already tried utopia but it did not move me.
vocal sounds a bit flat to my ear. but it's definitely on my list.

i tried meze empyrean 2 last week and that's also on my list.
Another HP from a local diyer is coming, Im in the waiting queue.
I've checked the other one from the same diyer before but it sounds close to hd800.
and the new one sounds like and I quote " a susvara with less hunger for power"
does audeze lcdx a good match with tt2?
I wonder.
Who’s the DIYer? I’ve had a lot of fun finding headphones from DIYers. Always looking to add to the list of potentials

May 23, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #18,952 of 19,009
Me: Bluesound Vault 2I optical into HMS, dual coax into TT2, into Arya 2021SE or B&W P9s depending upon mood and others in the listening room. Pretty dang good for me. I’m curious about DCA ‘phones but we shall see :)

May 23, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #18,954 of 19,009
May 23, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #18,955 of 19,009
For it’s money the zen stream is a bargain, but no match for a lumin, eversolo a8, hifi rose or innuos.

I own the zen stream as well, but even with a upgrade psu, no match for the higher top streamers I use now
Streamers are the one thing I have to explore. The Zen Stream was a good introduction into forray. I really want to get a Lumin U2 Mini. I think it would be a great partner for my Dave

May 23, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #18,956 of 19,009
Blind testing streamers is okay, but how the thing looks and feels to touch is important to me, and the quality of the app even more so. It’s a thing I interact with and I want to feel good looking at it. I’d happily trade the last ounce of sound (which will probably be forgotten two weeks after purchase) for something more lovable aesthetically.

May 23, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #18,957 of 19,009
Hey everyone thanks for the reply on the headphones. I will check them all out. It would be cool if there was a headphone loner site to help with the purchase process so alas it is mostly research, reviews and recommendations.

For streaming I feel the same way. Right now I am just using Audirvana off my Mac Studio but this is a short term solution. In my main system Linn bases system I use a Melco streamer / server. In this case it has a type of ethernet connection that strips out all the ethernet protocol stuff and connects directly to the Linn with the "player" port.

For the desktop system I am considering a Melco N100 which is a Roon Ready device with up to 5TB internal storage. I would connect tot the TT2 via USB. The Melco as worked well with my Linn kit so I would consider this.

@jjazzy - I see you heard the TT2 with a HiFi Rose RS250. Did you purchase this unit and any other thoughts on it?

May 24, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #18,960 of 19,009
6 years on, I'm still totally enamored with this set up :)

Chord TT2 MScaler.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back