Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 21, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #18,917 of 19,008
Tubes can click while heating up, clicks from s/s is not good. Good luck

May 21, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #18,919 of 19,008
@GiullianSN - How do you like your Abyss headphones and have you tried the MR?

TT2 Owners:
Can you tell me which headphones your are using and if you feel it is a good fit overall? Would like to learn about options that not only sound good but are lighter than my current pair of high-end headphones which are just too heavy for me at almost 500g or maybe a bit more.

I made a mistake and neglected to properly consider weight. I had been using my old Audeze LCD-1s which turn about to be ~250g so the weight difference was quite the shock.

Blue skies

May 21, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #18,920 of 19,008

TT2 Owners:
Can you tell me which headphones your are using and if you feel it is a good fit overall? Would like to learn about options that not only sound good but are lighter than my current pair of high-end headphones which are just too heavy for me at almost 500g or maybe a bit more.

I made a mistake and neglected to properly consider weight. I had been using my old Audeze LCD-1s which turn about to be ~250g so the weight difference was quite the shock.

Blue skies
I would say that below 500g is light enough for most of the people here (based on me & friends, so don't take it too seriously), given your headphones have a good weight distribution. My Verite Closed are 460 and they feel like nothing on my head. However, my stabilized Atriums are heavily over 600g and I can feel it after an hour or two of constant listening.

May 21, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #18,921 of 19,008

TT2 Owners:

Blue skies
I think Dan Clark Audio's Ether 2 headphones are a great match with the TT2 - they weigh 290grams. If you want to push the boat out/get the best peformance from them you might want to consider buying a Forza Audio Works Noir Hybrid headphone cable. To be fair the supplied DCA cable is very good it's just that the Noir Hybrid is even better!

May 21, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #18,922 of 19,008

TT2 Owners:

Blue skies
I use the Hifiman HE1000 Stealth and it's amazing amazing amazing on the TT2 and it's about 485g according to the hifiman site

May 21, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #18,923 of 19,008
Has anyone used any of the highly regraded budget streamers on the TT2 like the WIIM Pro and Bluesound node with the TT2? From a non-measurement fully objective perspective have you heard much of a difference between them and a high end streamer? What I usually do is connect my iPad mini to the Matrix XPDIF3 and connect to the TT2 via optical It's great and I love it but I would love to be able to stream into the TT2 if possible for ease and with the bluesound to connect an external HD of music.

May 22, 2024 at 2:57 AM Post #18,924 of 19,008
Has anyone used any of the highly regraded budget streamers on the TT2 like the WIIM Pro and Bluesound node with the TT2? From a non-measurement fully objective perspective have you heard much of a difference between them and a high end streamer? What I usually do is connect my iPad mini to the Matrix XPDIF3 and connect to the TT2 via optical It's great and I love it but I would love to be able to stream into the TT2 if possible for ease and with the bluesound to connect an external HD of music.
The difference is huge a decent streamer with the tt2. When I bought the tt2+mscaler combination, I was very dissapointed at home, thinking oh crap I made a very very stupid expensive mistake.

But in the shop it was connected to a hifi rose rs250. I was using a zen stream, and bluesound node. I hated the sound!

Then I bought the eversolo A8, in heaven since, connected through USB

May 22, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #18,926 of 19,008
I use iFi Zen Stream with TT2 and I'm very satisfied with it. Hard to explain why but I always prefer it more to the direct USB out from my iPhone or Mac. Also, using SRC-DX

May 22, 2024 at 5:51 AM Post #18,927 of 19,008

TT2 Owners:

Blue skies
In my experience Meze has a good synergy with the TT2. The Empyreans are fairly light but, most importantly, the way they are built and weight distribution makes them extremely comfortable on long listening sessions.. And great running, imo

May 22, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #18,929 of 19,008
well i asked rob in 2016 about why antipodes audio made TT sound so good. He didn't reply. came out with scaler a few months later. nuff said

May 22, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #18,930 of 19,008
I use iFi Zen Stream with TT2 and I'm very satisfied with it. Hard to explain why but I always prefer it more to the direct USB out from my iPhone or Mac. Also, using SRC-DX
I’m using the Zen Stream feeding my Dave and I’m also very pleased. The convenience and performance of the Zen Stream is surprisingly very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back