Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Apr 29, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #3,421 of 3,643
Sort of. I can't find a retailer. The site for Beyer no longer her says "coming soon."

Apr 29, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #3,422 of 3,643
I have the XM2. Just always figured that Sony wanted a relaxing, mellow and smooth sound being that they are for flying and commuting. Both of which can be stressful. I have been wanting the XM3 as the XM2 have been a godsend. Outside of the mildly boosted mid bass, they are pretty "soothing" and do well with all genres.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #3,423 of 3,643
The Xm3 is a definite sound upgrade to the 2's. Better clarity overall.

Apr 30, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #3,424 of 3,643
@hifi80sman I agree that the XM3 lack a little character as compared with the PX, but for me the XM3 are still very good sounding and overall extremely close to the PX in sound quality even if they get there a little differently. Going by memory the PX has a little more tilt towards the mids so the music has a very engaging and immediate quality to it.
Indeed. I still enjoy my XM3 far more than my XM2, but if you could marry the XM3 comfort & ANC with the PX soundstage (very good for a closed back) & SQ/character, there's my gold standard.

That being said, I agree they are not far apart, but this is a game of inches.

Apr 30, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #3,425 of 3,643
First real review of Lagoon ANC.

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #3,426 of 3,643
want to hear Denon AH-GC30

I've had the Denon AH-GC30 for about a week now. I got it despite it being a newly released headphone lacking in user or "reviewer" impressions because I kind of like the Denon brand and their marketing comms included phrases like, "natural tonal balance free from exaggerated colorations".

I don't have a good sense of what's considered acceptable or not in terms of tonal deviations or overall performance when it comes to consumer headphones in this price category, and this is my first bluetooth headphone to boot (stepping into the modern age, I guess). But I find them to be alright to pretty good. Something like that. The mids and highs are fairly enjoyable. Treble is polite but reasonably articulate. Bass is a lil tubby though, I can't lie, though I don't know if it fares better or worse than its competitors of this type. I EQ the bass down a couple dB and EQ the treble up a little bit. Still, overall, enjoyable enough for its use case.

Oh yea, and noise cancellation is alright though not as dramatic as the Sony 1000XM3, based on the minute or two I listened to the latter. And build quality is fine IMO, I don't feel short-changed on that point.

Jun 4, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #3,427 of 3,643
Looking at getting a pair IN EAR BT headphones for running/cycling but also because they are so convenient so would like to use them for travelling and permanent use. Currently I'm using iBasso IT01 and love their thick sound so what are the bluetooth equivalent of their sound signature?

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-4_10-27-46.jpeg
    upload_2019-6-4_10-27-46.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #3,428 of 3,643
Looking at getting a pair IN EAR BT headphones for running/cycling but also because they are so convenient so would like to use them for travelling and permanent use. Currently I'm using iBasso IT01 and love their thick sound so what are the bluetooth equivalent of their sound signature?

Not sure. A lot of people go with adapters. Es100 or BTR3 and them just plug in to those. Fiio makes short cables you can use. I'd you want true wireless, the Bose version are the only ones that don't sound absolutely terrible. Seriously, every TW sounds like. $20 headphone, even the $300 Sennheiser momentum. Just awful.

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #3,429 of 3,643
So what's the best Bluetooth headphones these days?

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #3,430 of 3,643
So what's the best Bluetooth headphones these days?
Depends on who you ask, but the newest MW65 gets high praise. The PX and XM3 are all in the hunt as well. NAD and PSB, AIWA and Beats all have models that have had some chatter about them. What are you looking for sound characteristic wise? That is always an important place to start.

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #3,431 of 3,643
I mainly use campfire cascades and fostex th900 at-home so I do like some bass. Lightweight, well Built and comfort also important

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #3,432 of 3,643
I mainly use campfire cascades and fostex th900 at-home so I do like some bass. Lightweight, well Built and comfort also important
The Sony WH1000XM3 is likely a great candidate. It is certainly a bass capable headphone (I have owned Z1R, Z7, TH900, TH600, D7000) and once you actually trim back the bass with the XM3 (it needs it) the bass is very nice with plenty of impact. The comfort is absolutely excellent as well, and the weight is not bad at all. I actually returned the PX because of the terrible comfort and moved to the XM3 which is absolutely very comfortable.

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #3,433 of 3,643
I absolutely LOVE my XM3 and can't even contemplate another headphone nowadays, but I don't think this would be to the poster's liking in terms of weight. While they aren't "heavy" they aren't lightweight like a lot of portables (then again, going lightweight means no bass to speak of). I wouldn't wear the Sony's on the street, for example (although I do wear them at the gym for my workouts).

Sep 24, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #3,434 of 3,643
I've been listening ot. Rossfafes that I go for my son. They are still pretty decent (wireless OG version to be clear). I have the Lagoon as well and have the Cleer Flow on the way. Lagoon is clearer than Crossfade but Crossfade has that bass impact! So good! I prefer both to xm3 but xm3 are a better technical implementation.

Oct 9, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #3,435 of 3,643
I have a B&W PX and a M&D MW65. The PX is better constructed and more durable (The MW65 is also well made, but the aluminum casing seems to be prone to scratches and nicks). Both sound very balanced, but I personally prefer the sound of the MW65 due to clearer highs. People seem to say ANC is the part where both headphones are lacking, but personally I found their ANC to be sufficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back