Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Nov 23, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #2,836 of 3,643
  Hello everyone,

Can someone recommend some comfortable over the ear BT headphones, under 50€/100€?

Look at the PuroSound, they are actually pretty nice, my friend bought a pair.

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #2,838 of 3,643
Dec 1, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #2,840 of 3,643

BEOPLAY H9 has been released !

https://www.beoplay.com/products/beoplayh9

hmm wonder if it will be better than B&W p7 wireless

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #2,842 of 3,643

Well seems better built and comes with Active NCs 

I don't think that you can make that decision just yet. First off, it looks to be exactly the same construction as the H7, which I owned, reviewed and loved, but as I now own the P7 wireless I can say the build quality is also very, very good. I couldn't imagine what the metrics you could use to determine "better" built as both are excellent. As for sound, I suspect the H9 will be pretty similar to the H7, and if so, as much as I love the H7, I still do prefer the P7. The H9 will be tuned differently, but I would be surprised if they differ very much. The main reason I sold my H7 was the fact that the amplifier in it was not loud enough. Even with contemporary music at full volume the H7 was just too quiet for my needs. Older quieter mastered music was way too quiet and the P7 is significantly louder which is important for me. And yes, even while being loud the P7 stays clean and controlled sounding.

Then we get into price differences, the H9 in Canada is $649, the P7 is $479 so the difference is worth considering. Now the big plus with the Beoplay wireless is the removable battery, that is a very good feature. If I was producing any top tier wireless headphone, I would always design to have a removable battery. Even if it adds say $50 to the cost, it is well worth it. I will likely order the H9 to at least try it, but not right away. Look forward to impressions from any who might try it.

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #2,844 of 3,643
hey guys,

im looking for bluetooth headphones like the audio technica ATH-SR5BT
i would get them for 160€ (which is ~$170) here in Austria.

But i am not sure about the sound signature. I have akg k701 which i think have  a very balanced, neutral sound signature. And i have IEM xiaomi pistons hybrid which are a bit v-shaped, but sound also very well. So probably i want a sound signature between this two.

what are my options, do you know headphones in the same pricerange as ATH-SR5BT that would fit my descriptons ?

i want a portable headphone so i guess an on-ear headphone would be best and i want to have at least 15h battery life. optional but would be nice: apt-x,foldable

if there are no candidates in this pricerange i can also raise my budget but i would prefer when i do not have to :D

thanks in advance and greetings from Vienna

dave

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #2,845 of 3,643
  hey guys,

im looking for bluetooth headphones like the audio technica ATH-SR5BT
i would get them for 160€ (which is ~$170) here in Austria.

But i am not sure about the sound signature. I have akg k701 which i think have  a very balanced, neutral sound signature. And i have IEM xiaomi pistons hybrid which are a bit v-shaped, but sound also very well. So probably i want a sound signature between this two.

what are my options, do you know headphones in the same pricerange as ATH-SR5BT that would fit my descriptons ?

i want a portable headphone so i guess an on-ear headphone would be best and i want to have at least 15h battery life. optional but would be nice: apt-x,foldable

if there are no candidates in this pricerange i can also raise my budget but i would prefer when i do not have to :D

thanks in advance and greetings from Vienna

dave

The XTZ Divine might work really well for you. The DSP is needed, but with the DSP enabled the Divine can sound extremely good and easily made neutral sounding.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #2,846 of 3,643
hi,
thx for your reply.
i already thought about the XTZ but i read somewhere that the dsp will not work with spotify. and i use spotify a lot, so this would be a major disadvantage for me.
or is this information not correct ? (i read it somewhere here)

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #2,847 of 3,643
Well guys, I think I just got screwed. I got the Beoplay H7 last Monday (nov 21) and I was like "I have 14 days to try them out before returning." Yesterday 9 days after I received them, I tried to request return thinking I would just keep the P7 since they have 60 days return policy. When I tried to request return but it refused. It says you have to return them 14 days after the day you ordered them NOT when they were shipped or when I received them. ARGHHH, I wish I read the bylaws of B&O very closely. I emailed them right away last night to ask what can I do. I mean I used them 3 days out of the 9 that I had them. Sigh..... They have yet to respond,but I am not too optimistic.

That means I may be forced to keep the H7 and return the P7.. Even if I sold the H7, I would never get anywhere near the full value of $399 back. I am losing my mind a bit. I like the H7 a lot but my preliminary hearing says they are just half a step under the P7 in pure sound but H7 has more comfortable padding. I wanted to compare them closely, but I have been very sick since Sunday morning with viral infection. :frowning2: :frowning2:

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #2,848 of 3,643
  hi,
thx for your reply.
i already thought about the XTZ but i read somewhere that the dsp will not work with spotify. and i use spotify a lot, so this would be a major disadvantage for me.

I suspect you are correct about the Spotify issue as the DSP for the Divine is embedded in the player and I doubt it is globally available to other applications. Bummer.

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #2,849 of 3,643
Sigh..... They have yet to respond,but I am not too optimistic.

They may surprise you yet. If not call and ask to speak with a manager. If you are nice most companies won't alienate a customer over a single sale. They look long term and for building repeat customers not single sales.

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #2,850 of 3,643
  hi,
thx for your reply.

Yes, that is correct. Doesn't work with 3rd-party sources. Just it's own streaming service--which is limited. But they sound great without the DSP, too. And I think I recall a 60-day return policy...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back