Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Nov 5, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #1,576 of 3,643
Is there a hiss without ANC? How is the microphone quality? Is it HD-Voice capable? At least with the non-Fidelio Philipses, the microphones are often unterwhelming.

I test all my bluetooth devices with microphones on the Skype Test Service account, which makes use of good audio quality input. Most devices (headsets and speakers) disapoint in this department.

Nov 8, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #1,578 of 3,643
Has anyone tried the V-Moda crossfade wireless ?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Yes!

Really like it, it's a pretty impressive headphone, improving on the M-100 this Crossfade Wireless is really lovely, IF you like the V-Moda house sound signature. Might get one when it's officially launched here (in 2 weeks)! But my only comparison is the Pendulumic Stance + so not the most experienced in BT headphones.

Cheers,
K

Nov 8, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #1,579 of 3,643
I consider the following headphones:

- AKG Y45BT
- Plantronics Backbeat Pro
- Jabra Move wireless

I intend to use it mainly at home; listening music, playing games & watching movies. Not so much on the road.

I don't really have a preference concerning over- VS on-ear, bluetooth vs RF.

I already tried the Sony mdr-ds6500 (over-ear, not bluetooth, with digital input), but was REALLY disappointed with the sound quality; flat (almost compressed), dull sound with a huge lack of definition; not crisp at all. Even compared to my old Sennheiser HD202 it was utter *****.

So.. I'd like to try something really different :) The three before mentioned models all have great reviews - but so did the Sony mdr-ds6500.. Therefor I would really like to hear your opinion(s).

Thanks in advance & @Giogio: thanks for the great review guide!

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #1,581 of 3,643
  Anyone try the Plantronics Backbeat Fit? I'm looking for some a pair of BT iems without the usual dome-shaped tips.

I have a pair of these that I use primarily for the gym (free weights) and running (HIIT & middle distance), my wife also has a pair that she uses when exercising, but also for when she's watching video on her ipad when she's cooking:

Positives:
- they're really comfortable
- appear to be fully waterproof
- don't fall-off
- you can really forget you're wearing them
- excellent battery life given the small size
- large and intuitive controls
- nice vocal status messages
- robust and well made
- allows you to hear the world around you (can be viewed as a negative)

Negatives:
- tinny sound
- allows you to hear the world around you (can be viewed as a positive)

In many respects they're one of the best head-phones I've ever owned as they're almost perfect for the segment their hitting, i.e. exercise. To be honest, they're so comfortable I'd like to use them more often, but the sound just isn't good enough, there's no bass and the upper-mids are pushed too high. Reason for this appears to be that the ear-piece is too large to fit into my ear - YMMV of course depending on your own "holes" - if I hold the headphones tighter into my ears then they sound dramatically better and, of course, isolate sound that bit better too.

As the ear-pieces are removable, I had hoped that Plantronics might supply a few different sizes, in my case smaller, but I've never found anything. This is a shame because the drivers themselves sound really suite decent, if you shove them in a bit.

Hope that helps.

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #1,583 of 3,643
  Hi,
I feel like a "mini me" version of you, I have not tested or owned to 40 pairs of BT headphones, but probably +15.
found you at Amazon...
Will follow this thread for sure
Thanks
Nils from Sweden 

Welcome to Head-Fi Nils! If you get the chance perhaps you could post some of your reviews here, or a summary of your impressions of the ones you have tried.

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #1,584 of 3,643
Yup, I will do that,
however they will be far shorter and not as detailed reviews as yours. 
will start working on something.
on some forums web-links are not possible when yuo're a newbie like me so you know that, as I find reviews w/o a picture of the headset is kinda lame. do you know how it works here ?

Nov 12, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #1,586 of 3,643
Is there a hiss without ANC? How is the microphone quality? Is it HD-Voice capable? At least with the non-Fidelio Philipses, the microphones are often unterwhelming.

I test all my bluetooth devices with microphones on the Skype Test Service account, which makes use of good audio quality input. Most devices (headsets and speakers) disapoint in this department.

I didn't notice any hiss with the ANC off.

The microphone quality is not good at all, outside on a busy street people complain that they have trouble hearing what I'm saying and in windy conditions I have to use the phone instead. In the same conditions I find that the Parrot Zik 2.0s, Sennheiser Momentums AE Wireless and Samsung Level Over works quite well at reducing the noise around me so that my voice is legible even in noisy conditions. When using it for calling at the office or at home I haven't had any complaints. I don't have Skype so I'm not able to try the Skype Test Service account.

I haven't noticed any significant quality difference from calls made with HD-Voice vs calls made without it, so I'll go out on a limb and say it isn't HD-Voice compatible. It's not mentioned in the spec sheet either.

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #1,587 of 3,643
i been not following this thread for few weeks so i am wondering whats the latest bluetooth headphone that is considered to be king of all the ones out there

budget is open

should have amazing bass, great texture and layered sound and no harshness

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #1,588 of 3,643

After much toing and froing, I finally made a decision and pulled the trigger on the Sennheiser URBANITE XL wireless headphones.  The others in my serious consideration set were the Bose SoundLink around-ear wireless headphones II and the Beats Studio Wireless Headphones.  I had also considered the Plantronics BackBeat Pro and the Sony MDR-1ABT.  I did not have an opportunity to audition the Plantronics or the Sony.
I’m not an audiophile, but I love listening to music.  I wanted over-ear headphones that brought me as much enjoyment as my Sennheiser HD 25-1-II Adidas Originals Headphones, but without wires for mainly portable and office listening.  Every now and then I like to crank my ‘phones up and rock out!  I’d read a most of the reviews about my main contenders that I could find here on Head-Fi, and most of the reviews that Google returned – so I was quite confused.  I’m not writing a review here, just sharing my thoughts as they might help someone else!

My main considerations were sound, price and look, probably in that order, with fuzzy weighting.
I liked the Bose, they sounded nice, but I questioned their grunt / dynamism.  They also cost more, and I did not really like the blue/black and did not really want white headphones.
The Beats… what can I say?  After once having a pair of Beats Solo HDs, the disappointment and brand stigma remains for me.  I was also not convinced by the sound after short demo, although I must admit they were much less muffled than the Solo HDs I once owned.  I did not really care for ANC that is always on in wireless mode, and they were the most expensive.
I liked the build quality of the Plantronics, but did not really like the look and bulk.  Pricing was good on special, but they fell out of contention on their styling.
The Sonys were just too expensive here, and I could not conveniently find them to demo – probably a good thing.  I was neutral to their styling and (imagined) build quality, as I had seen the other Sony headphones in a similar price range.

I was pleasantly surprised by the URBANITE XLs when I first tried them as I had briefly auditioned the wired Momentum Over ear headphones (v1) a while ago and was disappointed by the sound despite wanting to like them.  I enjoy the URBANITE’s sound, and they can be cranked up without sounding distorted.
Looks-wise, I like them as they’re not traditional, but also not too outer space and they aren’t too bulky.  The build quality seems good, and the cables are nice.  The bag could be better as there isn’t much real protection offered.
I find them comfortable – not too heavy, but the band padding could be a bit more plush.  Clamping force is OK, they will move when head banging, but no headache like my HD 25s.  My ears fit within the pads which are comfy, but my ears do touch the edges – no issues for me.
Pricing-wise, I took the plunge sooner than I had planned as I picked them up on a Cyber Monday deal at a good price.
I think I will enjoy these.

For the photo or it never happened types (like me)...

Cheers!

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #1,589 of 3,643
  i been not following this thread for few weeks so i am wondering whats the latest bluetooth headphone that is considered to be king of all the ones out there

budget is open

should have amazing bass, great texture and layered sound and no harshness

http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Technology-Symphony-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00YSQDX3I/ref=sr_1_2?srs=2529250011&ie=UTF8&qid=1447857659&sr=8-2&keywords=headphone

this is a good candidate. :p

Nov 19, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #1,590 of 3,643
I listened to the B&O H7 & H8 at the weekend. The H7's disappointed me, I expected better and had quite bad noise transmission of footsteps when walking. The H8's I thought were superb. Very comfortable and light, with much less external noise from foot-steps (note that I listen a lot while walking).

I found the sound well-balanced, slightly bassy, but not overly so, present mids and sparkling highs. A very wide sound-stage and tremendously revealling. By far the best BT headphones I've heard, in retrospect on a par with my wired HD650's. The ANC did just-enough, without dominating - a little more that the UE9000's, but less than Zik's and the like.

I felt they brought the music to life, precise, but not tiring.

Now I just need to cough-up the €500 asking price.

Well-impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back