Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jun 21, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #1,248 of 3,643
Very nice presentation. I found the cover of the charging microusb loose and I ended up ripping it off. From your video I can see the loosening too. I also had the fidelio and I am still attracted to its base which is more solid than the "solid base" of ws99bt. The soundstage of ws99bt is much wider than the fidelio and the bluetooth dropping of the fidelio really bothers me too much. I cannot agree with you more and looking forward to your comparison of the 2.

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #1,249 of 3,643
do the HM5 pads change the passive isolation of the ws99bt at all?

Quote:

OK, so I receiced the ear cushions for my new ATH-WS99BT you recommended to me and they fit perfectly. It's a big difference. No more sore ears after long period of time. Headphones are a bit bigger of course but comfort and great sound is the most important to me. I also ordered another pair of cushions today from ebay called Genuine SHURE HPAEC840 Ear pads. Have to try them all :)

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #1,250 of 3,643
Im using WS99BT with HM5 earpads along with Viper4Android plugin, If anyone has root on your Android mobile you should definitely check it out, its easy to install as normal apk and the sound output you will get out of that is 10x more present than the normal player output.

It acts as a global equalizer with any music player..The WS99BT lacks a little sub bass(low rumble), Viper4Andoid fills that, There is a "Dynamic bass" option in that app, really amazing bass and power at any voulme.

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #1,251 of 3,643
Sadly i have put up my WS99BT up for sale i need the funds to fix my car...if anyone is interested especially from the UK i paid a lot in custom charges which i have removed from the price  
http://www.head-fi.org/t/772494/audio-technica-ath-ws99bt

Jun 26, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #1,258 of 3,643
Hello, I would like to have you reccomend me some headphones on your list that I've found for a discount. Originally I was going to get the mixrs since I listen predominantly(did I even use that right) to hip hop,rap,nujabes, reggae/jazz but got the slyrs and can now no longer listen to sub par audio. I found the mdr 10r on WalMart refurbished for 61 dollars (even with the 7 dollar replacement fee its still good. at the msrp I was thinking that would be a steal. But reviews of it dis not do it any justice. I also found the house of marley. xlbt for 99 dollars. Which from what I read are great. But didn't know if this was because of the price point or the sound. So I was hoping of you could tell me which is best out of the 10r,xlbts, and omni(for similar price point). Also I have found the monster inspirations for 89 dollars if they are also good?(although not wireless flagship headphones for 89 dollars. Also I have 170 dollar budget but I'm no audiophile so don't see any reason to go over. Sorry for multitude of questions :frowning2:

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #1,259 of 3,643
Hi there, I have just joined so I could comment here, great thread. Here's what I've tried so far:
- Sennheiser RS180, not Bluetooth, but I love them, they are comfortable and sound great, they are really only for home use, but they are the best headphones I have had, so everything else is compared to that
- Plantronics Backbeat Pro, which I found sound great, connectivity is wonderful, pretty comfortable, nice build quality, but they are just so massive I could never take them out of the house, and the RS180 are much more comfortable to wear for that. The Backbeats actually have a punchier bass, which I like, but the Sennheiser have the upper hand in comfort, soundstage and wireless range. Returned in the end, although they are the best Bluetooth headset I have tried, and if I didn't have the RS180 I would have definitely kept them.
- AKG Y45BT, I really liked the build and form factor, and the sound was good, but they had way too much hissing and electronic interference, and the microphone quality was pretty lousy. I wanted to like them, but sadly they quickly went back to the store.
- Sony SBH60, budged priced, they are great for calls and very decent sounding for movies or TV, but I find the high range a bit harsh so I wouldn't want to use them for long music sessions. Has a 3.5mm jack and the microphone works though it as well, long battery life, good range. I'll be keeping this, mostly for calls and videos.
- Cootree Jogger: very cheap, but good build quality and battery life. Sound is average. I got this for cycling, unless in-ear phones these don't block out any ambient noise, and I can wear them with a helmet, they collapse to a tiny thing, so they are very good for my purpose.
- Cootree sport: semi in-ear, very uncomfortable, returned promptly.

Now, for portables I like small and compact. My go-to wired headphones are the Sennheiser PX100-2 and some Koss Sportapro. I had the original PX100 which I thought were better sounding, and some Koss KSC75, very nice but always getting tangled up. I'd love to find some compact Bluetooth headphones to take on the go, but I haven't been able to find anything I really like. Ideally I would have something around-the-ear that sounds nice and folds up small. The ones I'm considering now are
- Jabra Revo, which are very well reviewed, though they don't fold up very small. 
- JBL E40BT: Runner up in the wirecutter thread, but OP said he didn't like them at all
- JBL E50BT: Over-the-ear, not brilliant reviews
- House of Marley XLBT: Over-the-ear, fold up small, mixed reviews, not too good connection? I hate dropouts. Not crazy about the look.
- Bose Over ear: they seem to be nice, but way over-priced and no apt-x.

Any comments / suggestions will be very appreciated. I'm beggining to think what I want doesn't exist yet :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back