Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jun 26, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #1,261 of 3,643
I don't really mind about the price as long as the quality is proportional. That being said, I spent less than $200 for the Backbeat Pros and the RS180, so I would be hesitant of spending more than that. Have you seen the Kokoon? If the sound quality is good, I think the form factor is brilliant.

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #1,262 of 3,643
part of my post in the MDR-1ABT thread

comparisons - the other two BT headphones I have/had are the Sony XB950BT and Pendulumic Stance S1+. Compared to the XB950BT, these are a class above. The XB950BT always sounded a bit dull/congested to me. Even with the dynamat mods and EQ coulnd't really get them to sing. The 1ABT have a significantly better sound stage and a much better controlled bass response. Isolation wise, the XB950BT are a bit better, even though they seem to have the same pads as the 1ABT? Comfort is similar, but the 1ABT is better because its lighter. Less sweaty pads with the 1ABT than the XB950BT. Compared to the S1+, basically the 1ABT takes the excellent highs and mids of the Pendulumic and adds in a healthy bass response. The Stance s1+ to me sounded full, but lacked the bass rumble. Like it only went down to 150hz or so and nothing below that. the 1ABT fixes that. I still like the controls and the looks of the Pendulumic better, but comfort and sound go to the 1ABT

Overall I think the MDR-1ABT is money well spent. I will be keeping them. 
BTW if anyone is looking to pick up a pair, I got mine from e global central. They are selling them at a really good price with free shipping. I am in no way affiliated with them, just wanted to share a killer deal

http://www.head-fi.org/t/760674/sony-mdr1-abt-impressions/75#post_11718143

Jun 29, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #1,263 of 3,643

Noise isolating isn't as effective as noise cancelling when it comes to blocking out noise as it is just dependent on having a good seal around the ears rather than actually trying to actively cancel noise. The QC25 has probably the best noise cancelling on the market though it doesn't sound as good as other similar priced models which have slightly poorer noise cancelling. It also doesn't have bluetooth as you said.

I keep asking Bose why they can't build on the QC25 platform a BT version - like the SoundLink on-ear headphones. But with NC. I've tried most BT headphones and I keep returning them hoping/waiting for Bose to release at BT w/NC

Jun 29, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #1,264 of 3,643

I keep asking Bose why they can't build on the QC25 platform a BT version - like the SoundLink on-ear headphones. But with NC. I've tried most BT headphones and I keep returning them hoping/waiting for Bose to release at BT w/NC

I would guess the popularity of the QC25 for in-flight use complicates the matter, given that it's unclear whether/when Bluetooth is allowed in that use case. Maybe there are issues with battery life too. I do agree, though. That's something I'd like to see as well. 

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #1,265 of 3,643

I would guess the popularity of the QC25 for in-flight use complicates the matter, given that it's unclear whether/when Bluetooth is allowed in that use case. Maybe there are issues with battery life too. I do agree, though. That's something I'd like to see as well. 

Yeah and the fact that rechargeable battery reduces the long flight scenario. But why not (Bose) replace the AE2w with a QC25-like with BT and noise cancellation for the rest of the limited freq. flyer community?

Jun 29, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #1,266 of 3,643

I would actually guess its because the QC25 sells quite well as does the AE2w. Releasing an all in one headphone could well take away their market that buys both models. Bose certainly can't charge double the price for the all in one convenience. Also until recently there hasn't been many headphones that do everything well. Now that more BT/NC headphones have arrived Bose might release a bt version of the QC25 to match their rivals. There are also many non commercial reasons as well that have already been mentioned such as the battery life, fitting all the technology into their headphones and keeping them the same size/comfort and bluetooth's issues with usage on planes.

Jun 29, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #1,267 of 3,643

I would actually guess its because the QC25 sells quite well as does the AE2w. Releasing an all in one headphone could well take away their market that buys both models. Bose certainly can't charge double the price for the all in one convenience. Also until recently there hasn't been many headphones that do everything well. Now that more BT/NC headphones have arrived Bose might release a bt version of the QC25 to match their rivals. There are also many non commercial reasons as well that have already been mentioned such as the battery life, fitting all the technology into their headphones and keeping them the same size/comfort and bluetooth's issues with usage on planes.

Yes all very valid points. But your view regarding the competition is what they should be thinking about. I liked the Backbeat Pro except its just too bulky≥ And the new Sony 770BN doesn't do Siri and their slider/press for track control leaves a lot to be desired. But (except for the sub-bass boomy sound) the Sony's and Plantronics had a very acceptable sound. Just bad design IMO

Jun 29, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #1,268 of 3,643
Just to let folks know I happened to check Microcenter's website (they have a store not too far from me) and they have Beats Studio Wireless 2.0 in certain colors at $299.99 which is $80 off retail. That's a good deal if you can find one. Seems like in-store only.

Jun 30, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #1,269 of 3,643

Yes all very valid points. But your view regarding the competition is what they should be thinking about. I liked the Backbeat Pro except its just too bulky≥ And the new Sony 770BN doesn't do Siri and their slider/press for track control leaves a lot to be desired. But (except for the sub-bass boomy sound) the Sony's and Plantronics had a very acceptable sound. Just bad design IMO

The extra competition has really only come into place this year. Last year there weren't that many BT headphones with ANC. Bose are always a bit slow at updating models as well. People were complaining about the QC15's lack of usability when the battery dies for years and they only recently released the QC25 which addressed that issue. Might be a while before they release a QC25w unless they see their sales dropping because of people buying competing models instead of Bose (I doubt it considering the Bose headphones are still easily the best at ANC).

Jun 30, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #1,270 of 3,643

The extra competition has really only come into place this year. Last year there weren't that many BT headphones with ANC. Bose are always a bit slow at updating models as well. People were complaining about the QC15's lack of usability when the battery dies for years and they only recently released the QC25 which addressed that issue. Might be a while before they release a QC25w unless they see their sales dropping because of people buying competing models instead of Bose (I doubt it considering the Bose headphones are still easily the best at ANC).

Makes perfect sense. I did just pick up the Bose SoundsLink on-ear to try out. Very nice so far. No noise cancellation but I'm not in a noisy environ too much. Like that Siri works so I can leave my iPhone charging upstairs and call up a playlist or radio...... nice! Just wish Beats studio wireless 2.0 had Siri integration.

Jul 2, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #1,271 of 3,643
ok so I received 2 more ear pads for ATH-WS99BT. One pair is too small...very close to the original, but the other pair is perfect and I would recommend them to other ATH-WS99BT. here is the eBay link where I got them from:
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/400687603159?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I like them because they are basically same size as the original pads but the inner hole is oval shape and bigger. The only disadvantage is that that they are little bid slippery and I'm thinking about adding some black cloth tape on the edge and maybe some double sided tape too... just to hold them in place better. Because the pads rotate when pulling the headphone down to my neck and up with one hand. The fake leather is not as soft and nice as the original of course. See attached images.

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #1,272 of 3,643
I have bought the Philips M2BT, the carrying pouch that was supplied with the headphones is very soft so I'm not sure that it will provide sufficient protection for the headphones while carrying them around in my backpack.
Can any one recommend me a hard case for the M2BT ?

Thank you !

Jul 4, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #1,273 of 3,643
I think I narrowed my choices down to a Samsung Level Over or Plantronics BackBeat Pro. The BBP seems to be a better buy for the money or am I missing something and should I go with the Samsung? I don't want to have buyers remorse and wish I should I have gotten something else. Any suggestions? BTW thanks cel4145 to pointing me here for the info.
Edit: so I ended up winning an auction on eBay for a new BBP. Ended at $147.51 + shipping and I have my ebucks. It came down to $109.32 + shipping.

Jul 5, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #1,274 of 3,643
  I think I narrowed my choices down to a Samsung Level Over or Plantronics BackBeat Pro. The BBP seems to be a better buy for the money or am I missing something and should I go with the Samsung? I don't want to have buyers remorse and wish I should I have gotten something else. Any suggestions? BTW thanks cel4145 to pointing me here for the info.
Edit: so I ended up winning an auction on eBay for a new BBP. Ended at $147.51 + shipping and I have my ebucks. It came down to $109.32 + shipping.

Of the two I tried the BBP sounded better overall. My biggest complaint was their large size/weight. They had a better sound stage and bass (sub-bass on Levels were over-hyped). That's a great price on eBay. You will enjoy the BBPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back