Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jul 10, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #1,291 of 3,643
  Well today I stopped in the Apple store at the mall. Just had to re-listen to the Beats studio wireless (of which I had back at christmas but returned b/c for me they were overpriced.) Comparing them to the Sony 770BN and they just have more energy...... they are a bit more comfortable as well. I'm no bass-head nor an audiophile but listening to my Apple Music library on them was just "better".

And here's the kicker..... Staples has them on sale for just $249.95 which is $130 off retail. Now for THAT PRICE for me its a no brainer. The beats are just $20 additional over the Sony's I got at Best Buy. So I ordered the Matte Black set which should arrive by Wednesday. As most of us here agree, its what sounds best for the individual. No headphone is without faults but for me the Studio Wireless 2.0 allow me to be immersed in my music.

Of my wireless headphones at one time, I found that the Beats Studio 2.0 Wireless was the best (as against the Parrot Zik 1.0 and the Sennheiser PXC 310 BT).

Here is a comparison chart (each line is an acoustic feature; each headphone is awarded a 3 (best of the three on that feature), 2, or 1 (worst)).  Full review is here.

Enjoy them!

TestParrot ZikBeats WirelessSennheiser PXC 310 BT
Transparency123 (best)
Width of sound st231
Positional resolution231
Volume231
Drum "twang"132
Bass pitch perception123
Bass finger pluck213
Shaker variation231
"Ripping" of organ/brass321
Discern added chord321
TOTAL192417

Jul 10, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #1,292 of 3,643
Does the wireless Beats Studio 2.0 sound anything like the wired version? I'm not fan of the wired version. I find the sound uneven and lacking in mid-clarity. The Solo 2 has much better balance and mids. My wireless Kicker Tabor equals or betters both in terms of SQ and I'm practically giving them away.

I just recently received my Jlab Epic Bluetooth In-Ears and they sound much improved over my previous bluetooth in-ears, the Jaybird Bluebud X. Better bass and less pronounced highs. Some of the Amazon reviews have me concerned with durability but we'll see.

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #1,293 of 3,643
Does the wireless Beats Studio 2.0 sound anything like the wired version? I'm not fan of the wired version. I find the sound uneven and lacking in mid-clarity. The Solo 2 has much better balance and mids. My wireless Kicker Tabor equals or betters both in terms of SQ and I'm practically giving them away.

I just recently received my Jlab Epic Bluetooth In-Ears and they sound much improved over my previous bluetooth in-ears, the Jaybird Bluebud X. Better bass and less pronounced highs. Some of the Amazon reviews have me concerned with durability but we'll see.

I never actually compared them, though I had both and have compared both to other headphones. But my recollection was that they were indistinguishable, which is actually a testament to the good quality of their wireless implementation.

So if you did not care for the Studio 2013 wired, it is safe to assume that you would not care for the wireless version either.

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #1,294 of 3,643
On this post, there was immediate post disagreeing as I follow  the link and I am also one who cannot disagree more. I never find beats headphone sounds nice. My humble opinion is that they are no match for either zik or sennheiser, wired or wireless. I owned them all some time in the past and I gave away the beats to my friends child. Their only merit is looking nice. not meant to be offensive. 

Jul 12, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #1,295 of 3,643
I did try the Beats Solo2 wireless when they first came out (Dec or Jan) and my main issue was their clamping effect on my ears. Could only wear them for 1 hour (max) at any given time. Actually both Beats wireless headphones sound just about the same whether wired or wireless. As far as the sound quality goes they are not perfect. As I mentioned for the sale price and being only $20 more than the new Sony BT 770BN, they performed better for me.

Jul 15, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #1,296 of 3,643
  Well today I stopped in the Apple store at the mall. Just had to re-listen to the Beats studio wireless (of which I had back at christmas but returned b/c for me they were overpriced.) Comparing them to the Sony 770BN and they just have more energy...... they are a bit more comfortable as well. I'm no bass-head nor an audiophile but listening to my Apple Music library on them was just "better".

And here's the kicker..... Staples has them on sale for just $249.95 which is $130 off retail. Now for THAT PRICE for me its a no brainer. The beats are just $20 additional over the Sony's I got at Best Buy. So I ordered the Matte Black set which should arrive by Wednesday. As most of us here agree, its what sounds best for the individual. No headphone is without faults but for me the Studio Wireless 2.0 allow me to be immersed in my music.

Well after one day I returned the Beats. Could NOT believe they would break up with my iPhone 6 in MY POCKET! Really? I may give the Backbeat Pros another go.

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #1,297 of 3,643
I'm just waiting for Philips to release a more comfortable version of their M2BT, perhaps circumaural instead of on-ear. Those are still the best BT headphones out there imo.

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #1,298 of 3,643
  I'm just waiting for Philips to release a more comfortable version of their M2BT, perhaps circumaural instead of on-ear. Those are still the best BT headphones out there imo.

Like others, I'll now hibernate again waiting for more BT headphone releases. What's currently out there has not met my expectations. Maybe Bose, Beats(Apple) or Senns will release some earbud BTs for the xmas season. The 16-month trek continues.....

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #1,299 of 3,643

Like others, I'll now hibernate again waiting for more BT headphone releases. What's currently out there has not met my expectations. Maybe Bose, Beats(Apple) or Senns will release some earbud BTs for the xmas season. The 16-month trek continues.....

I started my search a couple of years ago and went on hibernation several times over that period. Out of all the ones released this year I finally found one that works for me. New releases of wireless headphones are quite common now so hopefully something in the next batch will suit you and all the other guys still on the hunt.

Jul 24, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #1,301 of 3,643
  Sony mdr-10rbt or mdr-zx770bn? Which one is better?

In my opinion they both have a similar bass response, but the 770bn has clearer mids and highs, plus noise cancellation. Maybe a little better soundstage too. The 10rbt are lighter and a bit more portable, though. For the same price I would get the 770bn.

By the way, the other day I had the opportunity to test the 770bn versus the Bose Quietcomfort 25, and it's true what they say, the Bose's noise cancellation is quite a lot better. I still prefer my 770s, since I'm definitely not going back to wired headphones for using out of the house.

Jul 24, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #1,302 of 3,643
  In my opinion they both have a similar bass response, but the 770bn has clearer mids and highs, plus noise cancellation. Maybe a little better soundstage too. The 10rbt are lighter and a bit more portable, though. For the same price I would get the 770bn.

By the way, the other day I had the opportunity to test the 770bn versus the Bose Quietcomfort 25, and it's true what they say, the Bose's noise cancellation is quite a lot better. I still prefer my 770s, since I'm definitely not going back to wired headphones for using out of the house.

I'm also closer to buying 770s. But I'm still thinking because the 10rbt look smaller, and I like that since I have a small head.
Which one do you think are better looking?

Jul 25, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #1,304 of 3,643
When I had the both of those Sony headphones the only thing I did not like was the multifunction button. After a few days it started to feel "sloppy" when pressing to answer calls, and track forward/back. There were a few times when it did not work on the first try either. But I did like the sound.

Jul 25, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #1,305 of 3,643
Been holding off on BT phones, but ordered the Fidelio M2BT on impulse this morning when I saw the price they're available for now. Then the post-checkout remorse led me around here and to this thread, and I think the comparison helped ease that. Got them for SEK1500 (about €160 now), and considering that that's a little less than wired on-ears like Momentum 2.0 and even the Fidelio M1MKII (not to mention less than half compared to the wireless Momentum on-ear) at the same retailer it does feel like a really good option at the moment. Like getting the wireless for free, more or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back