Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Aug 6, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #1,321 of 3,643
Aug 6, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #1,322 of 3,643
Just saw your review on the thread.
Not bad.

Hmm, do you think it is possibly that it may have been improve compare to your first day release one?

I watch few YouTube videos, and they didn't mention about any creaking ...

I got my pair yesterday and I don't know when they were produced, and as I wrote I've not seen other reviews mention the creaking so I'm inclined to believe it's my pair that has this fault.

I've used them for aprox 12 hours with bluetooth to my phone and ANC active and just got a low battery warning. So the battery seems on par with what Samsung claims, which is 11 hours with bluetooth and ANC on.

Aug 6, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #1,323 of 3,643

I got my pair yesterday and I don't know when they were produced, and as I wrote I've not seen other reviews mention the creaking so I'm inclined to believe it's my pair that has this fault.

I've used them for aprox 12 hours with bluetooth to my phone and ANC active and just got a low battery warning. So the battery seems on par with what Samsung claims, which is 11 hours with bluetooth and ANC on.

Oh, you got it yesterday.
Haha, I was read it on my phone at early morning, and I didn't notice you mention "yesterday."
Hmm, I was trying to find a good pair of bluetooth on-ear or over-ear headphone that has ANC because if I am going to spend $250 dollar or less. It might as well have ANC for its price range. I know wired is definitely superior, but I don't want to deal with too many cables while plugging in to either my phone or tablet while at school and work. 
Samsung Level On Wireless was my choice because it is within my price range, bluetooth, on-ear, has ANC, and I can get it in blue. :D
Now, I am not so sure. :S

I am looking through the list on the thread that you posted your review on.
Well, :S, too pricey, lol.

Aug 6, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #1,327 of 3,643
  Plantronics Backbeat Pro? They are in your price range, bluetooth, on/over-ear (depends on your ear size), have ANC, but no blue :frowning2:

Damn. :frowning2:

Well, I am more concern on "squeaky" noise, too small for my head, uncomfortable to my ear for long time use and choking my neck when hanging down on my neck.

Hmm, I guess I can ignore the ANC. :S
Not sure if Beats Solo 2 Wireless - Blue - $199.99 is worth it.
Heh, I am curious about audiophile's peeps opinions about it, lol.

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #1,328 of 3,643
  Damn. :frowning2:

Well, I am more concern on "squeaky" noise, too small for my head, uncomfortable to my ear for long time use and choking my neck when hanging down on my neck.

Hmm, I guess I can ignore the ANC. :S
Not sure if Beats Solo 2 Wireless - Blue - $199.99 is worth it.
Heh, I am curious about audiophile's peeps opinions about it, lol.

I find the Bose Soundlink On Ears more comfortable with great build and sound quality. The Beats Solo 2 Wireless aren´t bad, they just felt a little bit more cheap than the Bose headset, pinched harder on my head and I wasn´t sold on the sound quality. My opinions of these two headsets are based on aprox one days use of both. You won´t go wrong with chosing either of those two.

The Parrot Zik 2.0 goes for around 270 USD in my home country (Norway) at the moment and that would be my personal pick (not for those with big heads) if you can get past the low battery life and less than stellar performance in wired mode. I see they are 333 USD on Amazon.com and other international sites, but they are great value if you can get them for cheap.

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #1,329 of 3,643
I had both the Bose SoundLink on-Ear and Beats Solo2 wireless for 2 weeks. Used both everyday but returned them both.

1. Bose had a bit better sound but gave me ear fatigue after an hour or so. Then taking a short break, the wear time reduced by 10 minutes until I stopped for a longer period.

2. Beats gave me even more ear fatigue. Could only wear for about an hour.

As an optimist I hope Bose will release an over-ear version of the SoundLinks (not the current ones which are just renamed AE2w). I don't really care if they have ANC like the QC25. But similar design for comfort.... AND a small boost in the bass. Current users of the QC25 says they needs just a bit more for more enjoyable listening.

Hoping......

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #1,330 of 3,643
  I had both the Bose SoundLink on-Ear and Beats Solo2 wireless for 2 weeks. Used both everyday but returned them both.

1. Bose had a bit better sound but gave me ear fatigue after an hour or so. Then taking a short break, the wear time reduced by 10 minutes until I stopped for a longer period.

2. Beats gave me even more ear fatigue. Could only wear for about an hour.

As an optimist I hope Bose will release an over-ear version of the SoundLinks (not the current ones which are just renamed AE2w). I don't really care if they have ANC like the QC25. But similar design for comfort.... AND a small boost in the bass. Current users of the QC25 says they needs just a bit more for more enjoyable listening.

Hoping......

Hmm, have you tried Bose SoundLink Over-Ear version?
For some reason, the Over-Ear version is a bit cheaper than On-Ear version. :S

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #1,331 of 3,643

I have and they are really comfortable, light weight and with good build quality. The negatives are that I find their sound quality to be nothing exciting, it's just okay. And the battery could be better as it's about 8 hours. The bluetooth module feels as an after thought when they designed it with it's protruding design.

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #1,332 of 3,643

Yes and although they are more comfortable and sound good, the on-ear ones sound better and have a better battery life. That's why I'm hoping they replace the over-ear with a newer version based on the QC25

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #1,333 of 3,643

I have and they are really comfortable, light weight and with good build quality. The negatives are that I find their sound quality to be nothing exciting, it's just okay. And the battery could be better as it's about 8 hours. The bluetooth module feels as an after thought when they designed it with it's protruding design.

Totally agree with your assessment. The on-ear is a much better design. Although the BT module looks goofy, its the fact its not integrated into the headphones. I will wait till next spring (at the latest) for Bose to release an newer AE2w and if not I may have to get the on-ear and just wear them less.

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #1,334 of 3,643

Totally agree with your assessment. The on-ear is a much better design. Although the BT module looks goofy, its the fact its not integrated into the headphones. I will wait till next spring (at the latest) for Bose to release an newer AE2w and if not I may have to get the on-ear and just wear them less.

If they had great battery life of 20++ hours I wouldn't have mined the goofy looking BT-module sticking out of the earcup. But the design is a few years old and I hope as you do that they build a new sleeker looking version with the same features as the Soundlink On Ear (better sound quality, design and battery life).

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #1,335 of 3,643
Can you please compare the Sony SBH80 with the Plantronics Backbeat Pro, especially in terms of sound quality? I own the SBH80, and I am on the fence about purchasing the BBP. Eurodance is my favorite genre. 

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back