Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Dec 20, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #2,941 of 3,643
Try the H500BT, or the H7 for instance, both more comfortable, and both sound great.

I tried the H7. Very nice and comfortable. I returned them though within their 15-day return policy. They didn't get very loud and sadly only had 15day return policy. I didn't get a lot of time to try them out :frowning2:

As far as the H500BT, you have to import them from Japan, right? That would mean no warranty support. Also, they are on-ear. Those were my trepidations with the H500BT

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #2,942 of 3,643
I tried the H7. Very nice and comfortable. I returned them though within their 15-day return policy. They didn't get very loud and sadly only had 15day return policy. I didn't get a lot of time to try them out
frown.gif

As far as the H500BT, you have to import them from Japan, right? That would mean no warranty support. Also, they are on-ear. Those were my trepidations with the H500BT

I'm not sure the H500BT has to be imported, perhaps. As for comfort, I hate on-ear, most of the time they hurt for me. The H500BT is actually pretty darn comfortable and easier to wear than the P7 by far in terms of comfort.

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #2,943 of 3,643

You can order the H500BT from Best Buy in the U.S. for $229. I bought mine at an Inmotion store in Denver CO for $199 (I also saw them in San Francisco).  They come with a one-year warranty serviceable in the U.S (see http://www.onkyo-headphones.com/en/support/warranty-statement.html)

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #2,944 of 3,643
Hey guys,
I hope I am posting in the correct forum.  I am hoping for some help.  I have been wearing, and am a huge fan of the shure se-215 LTD in-ears, but am now in need of a bluetooth set of iems.  I have spent a lot of time searching, and am hoping you guys can help me decide.  I have been using a samsung s5 rooted with Viper4android FX (amazing!) with my shures and listen to rap and country (random I know) and for running.  I am getting the bluetooth for running mostly, as well as my walks to work...i'm tired of chords..  I prefer and love bass, and just want something durable, similar great sound as the shure's and noise cancelling, as I live in China and it is very loud outside!!  I also like the foam tips and have contemplated trying flanges. SO, from head-fi forums and a few other resources, the following in-ears are the one's that people seem to recommend:
1. Sony SBH80
2. Phiaton BT 100/220 NC
3. Advance sound model 3
4. Jaybird x2
5. Mee audio x7 plus
6. Brainwavz blu-100
7. Axgio sprint
I am making my trip back to america in less than a month, so I need to make a decision and order so I have them when I arrive, then will bring back to China...so, I kinda only have a 1-shot deal, as I only come back home twice a year, so, PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!!  Which of these are good for running, good on bass, will last a long time, and stay in your ears comfortably for a long time (if one of these are good, but not good on base, I assume viper4android can adjust that, as long as the iems can handle the increased bass enhances from the app)
Thank you so very much for any help guys!! 

Dec 21, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #2,945 of 3,643
You can order the H500BT from Best Buy in the U.S. for $229. I bought mine at an Inmotion store in Denver CO for $199 (I also saw them in San Francisco).  They come with a one-year warranty serviceable in the U.S (see http://www.onkyo-headphones.com/en/support/warranty-statement.html)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/onkyo-wireless-over-the-ear-headphones-black/5657266.p?skuId=5657266

How come it says over the ear? Is that a mistake?? If it's on the ear, can the pads be replaced with different earpads?

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #2,946 of 3,643
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/onkyo-wireless-over-the-ear-headphones-black/5657266.p?skuId=5657266

How come it says over the ear? Is that a mistake?? If it's on the ear, can the pads be replaced with different earpads?

​They're definitely NOT over-ear.  Seems to be a mistake in the Best Buy product page.  I typically prefer over-ear designs but the H500BT on-ear is very well done--feels comfortable to me and has a decent amount of isolation.

I don't know if you can replace pads...I'm not a headphone tinkerer...yet.

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #2,947 of 3,643

As erich6 mentioned, for certain not over-ear, but very comfortable on-ear. In fact, I think this is the most comfortable on ear I have ever used, although that is limited to about 4 headphones, but still, comfort is quite good. Love the sound of the H500BT. I was wearing the P7 wireless exclusively for about a month and one day I put the H500 back on for a bus trip and I was surprised yet again by how good they sound.

I think the P7 might edge them slightly, but given the huge price difference, and how portable the H500 really is that is a pretty impressive feat for ONKYO. I encourage anybody if you can try them, please do so, you might be really surprised by them. I know I was. I'll admit when I first held them, I was slightly underwhelmed, they look and feel understated, but solid fortunately, and in my view the sound quality punches past what you would expect.  

Dec 21, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #2,948 of 3,643
As erich6 mentioned, for certain not over-ear, but very comfortable on-ear. In fact, I think this is the most comfortable on ear I have ever used, although that is limited to about 4 headphones, but still, comfort is quite good. Love the sound of the H500BT. I was wearing the P7 wireless exclusively for about a month and one day I put the H500 back on for a bus trip and I was surprised yet again by how good they sound. I think the P7 might edge them slightly, but given the huge price difference, and how portable the H500 really is that is a pretty impressive feat for ONKYO. I encourage anybody if you can try them, please do so, you might be really surprised by them. I know I was. I'll admit when I first held them, I was slightly underwhelmed, they look and feel understated, but solid fortunately in my view the sound quality punches past what you would expect.  

H500 is definitely worth a try considering Bestbuy sells them. I'm officially returning the P7 - still within 60day return policy :p

Dec 22, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #2,950 of 3,643
Can anyone please give me some suggestions?! I know it is a long post and a big request, but I am heading back home some and I'll only be back for 2 weeks, so it's my time to get new Bluetooth iems! If anyone has some input, please share!! Thanks again!

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #2,951 of 3,643
Can anyone please give me some suggestions?! I know it is a long post and a big request, but I am heading back home some and I'll only be back for 2 weeks, so it's my time to get new Bluetooth iems! If anyone has some input, please share!! Thanks again!

This thread focuses on full-size (on-ear/over-ear) Bluetooth headphones. You would have better luck with one of these threads:

http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch/?search=Bluetooth+iem+&output=all&containingforum%5B0%5D=7840&type=all&advanced=1

http://www.head-fi.org/f/103/portable-headphones-earphones-and-in-ear-monitors

I personally don't know anything about IEM's. Sorry...

Dec 26, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #2,954 of 3,643
Well, I've tried the H500BT and they sound pretty well. It's just the sound signature I was looking for. The sound is warm and dense with good overall balance, vocals are clear and the bass is a little emphasized but not too much, just enough. The soundstage is very decent too. But in my case there is unfortunately a deal breaker: Bluetooth! The connection with my Galaxy Note 4 is bad (not the bluetooth range, it's ok; the problem is that most of the times it does not connect well and I have to reconnect until the connection is ok; from then on everything's right). The multi pairing is also useless for me: I have to turn off  the other device if I receive a phone call because of interference. A real shame because I like them very much. I don't know if I should return them. I'm afraid it will be difficult to find something like these for around 200€. What do you think? If I keep them I suppose I'll have connection issues until I change my phone in the future. My summary:

Pros:

Excellent sound
Light
Comfortable enough (although like most on-ear you have to relieve pressure after a while)
Long battery life
Enough isolation in not very noisy environments

Cons:

Spotty bluetooth (I know I'm the unlucky guy here; maybe you're not)
Touch controls (finicky and not precise for me)
Sound messages (annoying for me)

Dec 26, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #2,955 of 3,643
@josemaria92000 my Bluetooth connection with the H500BT has been rock solid and stable. I think at first I had the odd time where I had to try to re-establish the connection a few times, but not for a long time. I would keep them at least a little longer and see if things don't improve. I suspect some of your issue is the phone end, but I can't be positive. Anyway, glad you agree on the sound quality, for the price they are a cracking good deal. I have actually started taking them out again instead of my P7 wireless. The P7 may have a slight edge in sound quality, but the H500BT is quite a bit more portable to compensate for that in my mind. Good luck however you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back