Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Dec 14, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #2,911 of 3,643
I was hesitant about posting here due to the price of most headphones mentioned. I am looking for the best BT headphones at $60 or less. I bought MEE AF32 Runaways but they have a very recessed treble. Something like Koss titanium portables with bluetooth would be great. I also need phone controls. I will probably use them outdoors occasionally for mowing and walking. Thanks.

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #2,912 of 3,643
I was hesitant about posting here due to the price of most headphones mentioned. I am looking for the best BT headphones at $60 or less. I bought MEE AF32 Runaways but they have a very recessed treble. Something like Koss titanium portables with bluetooth would be great. I also need phone controls. I will probably use them outdoors occasionally for mowing and walking. Thanks.

You shouldn't feel that price is a barrier, or if you mean you are embarrassed by the price limit you would like to set, please don't be. I personally don't have experience that I can share with you, but I'm sure others will. Good luck finding the right headphone.

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #2,913 of 3,643
I've been following this thread after sitting on the fence about BT headphones for a few months. To me it looks like a toss up between the Onkyo's and the P7's.

I'm thinking to get the Onkyo's first but i'm wondering if they would be okay to be used for gym sessions (weight lifting). Is it safe to say they're durable and will hold up alright as well as not move around or become uncomfortable during exercise?

Dec 14, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #2,914 of 3,643
  I've been following this thread after sitting on the fence about BT headphones for a few months. To me it looks like a toss up between the Onkyo's and the P7's.

I'm thinking to get the Onkyo's first but i'm wondering if they would be okay to be used for gym sessions (weight lifting). Is it safe to say they're durable and will hold up alright as well as not move around or become uncomfortable during exercise?

I think they would be pretty good in the gym lifting weights, but not perfect. That said, the P7 would not at all be suitable, way too big, way too hot.

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #2,917 of 3,643
  Thanks! Im gonna get them!

Worth trying, I lift weights (although I have been lazy and haven't gone in weeks) and I think I could wear the H500BT in the gym. Yah, just slipped them over my ears now and they are snug enough that I think even lying down to do bench press they would stay in place, at least enough in place. Hopefully they work out for you, but the sound quality is excellent so no problems there.

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #2,918 of 3,643
You shouldn't feel that price is a barrier, or if you mean you are embarrassed by the price limit you would like to set, please don't be. I personally don't have experience that I can share with you, but I'm sure others will. Good luck finding the right headphone.
I assumed that this thread was for the best BT headphones, not the best for a particular price or use.

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #2,919 of 3,643
I assumed that this thread was for the best BT headphones, not the best for a particular price or use.

This sounds interesting and I recall some people saying it sounded quite good.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/avantree-audition-bluetooth-over-ear-headphones

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #2,920 of 3,643
I'll throw another vote for the Onkyo H500BT. I think the bass is excellent--full yet not overwhelming; good balance across the spectrum really. The soundstage width is also amazing and they are very engaging. Obviously not a perfect headphone (sometimes I find some tracks sound slightly unnatural) and they have all the pros and cons of an on-ear design.

I got mine for $199US but I know they're not widely distributed and therefore not easy to find. For the price currently on Amazon I would probably get the B&W P7 wireless but at $199 I think it's the Onkyo's win.

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #2,921 of 3,643
Anyone have slight comfort issues with the B&W P7? I have had them for a month, and I feel some clamping on my head. The cushion is also not very soft compared to Beoplay H7 or even the velour on my wired DT880.

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #2,922 of 3,643
Anyone have slight comfort issues with the B&W P7? I have had them for a month, and I feel some clamping on my head. The cushion is also not very soft compared to Beoplay H7 or even the velour on my wired DT880.

Comfort I would say is like a 7.5 out of 10, but they aren't uncomfortable. I owned both of the headphones you were comparing to and I agree, both of those were more comfortable.

Dec 15, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #2,923 of 3,643
Yeah that's my one negative with the P7's, they could be more comfortable.

As sonic says they're not uncomfortable but there are other more comfortable ones out there! I had put it more down to wearing glasses (haven't really used them without) and strangely it only seems to be the left ear that has an issue after prolonged usage!

I still prefer the feel of them to almost all the on ears I've tried though!

I think the most comfy headphones I've ever tried were the Sony XB950BT's.....they were a pleasure to wear, and you could honestly forget you had them on! I've found that Sonys in general tend to have the best comfort overall.

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #2,924 of 3,643
Hi all.

I've been lurking Head-Fi for a long while now, and I've got a bit of a question for all of you.

Christmas is almost here and my father's been wanting a set of Bluetooth over-ear headphones. He really likes the Bose Soundlink II due to it's light weight and comfort. However, I'm an Audio-Technica guy, and OP stated how the ATH WS99BT with Brainwavz earcups is a better set than anything else. Can someone comment on how comfortable/light the WS99BTs feel and if someone might have any experiences comparing the two?

From my research, the WS99BT is 275 grams while the Soundlink II is 200 grams. Knowing ATH products, the sound quality in the ATH is probably vastly better than Bose. How good is the Bluetooth connectivity and interface of the WS99BT compared to the Soundlink II? Is the extra audio quality worth the extra 75 grams? Does the padding on the WS99BT negate the extra weight?

I'm assuming a big difference is that the Bose is sound cancelling and the ATH is not. Is this correct?

Thanks, and all of your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #2,925 of 3,643
  Hi all.

I've been lurking Head-Fi for a long while now, and I've got a bit of a question for all of you.

Christmas is almost here and my father's been wanting a set of Bluetooth over-ear headphones. He really likes the Bose Soundlink II due to it's light weight and comfort. However, I'm an Audio-Technica guy, and OP stated how the ATH WS99BT with Brainwavz earcups is a better set than anything else. Can someone comment on how comfortable/light the WS99BTs feel and if someone might have any experiences comparing the two?

From my research, the WS99BT is 275 grams while the Soundlink II is 200 grams. Knowing ATH products, the sound quality in the ATH is probably vastly better than Bose. How good is the Bluetooth connectivity and interface of the WS99BT compared to the Soundlink II? Is the extra audio quality worth the extra 75 grams? Does the padding on the WS99BT negate the extra weight?

I'm assuming a big difference is that the Bose is sound cancelling and the ATH is not. Is this correct?

Thanks, and all of your opinions are greatly appreciated.

The Bose Soundlink don't have active noise cancelling either (it's implemented by the QuietConfort Bose series ). The ATH -WS99BT was Giogio's choice in head-fi last year; this is his review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-ws99bt-solid-bass-bluetooth-headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back