Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Dec 14, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #2,896 of 3,643
Please, I need your help. I'm from Argentina and a friend of mine is going to the US in a few days. The problem is that I suffer from a serious case of Analysis Paralysis. Seeing the opportunity to buy some good bluetooth headphones I spent several hours each day for the past two weeks researching bluetooth headphones! And I still don't make up my mind about which is best to buy! Please help me decide.
I'm looking for an on ear or over ear. My priorities are comfort (including not getting warm) and overall sound quality.

Some options I was considering are:

Avantree Audition Pro (although for some reason I think most of the existing reviews are paid for talking in favor..)

AKG Y50BT (although I read that they may produce too much pressure against the ears)

Phiaton Chord MS 530 (although I read they can get warm after a while)

Koss BT540i (I read that maybe the ears touch the inner part and that might be uncomfortable?)

Plantronics Backbeat Pro

House of Marley Liberate XLBT

Which of these would you choose? If you have any other to suggest, very welcome! I think the Onkyo H500BT would be my ideal headphone, but I can't afford it :frowning2: It's already a lot of effort for me to buy one of the above mentioned.

Thanks!

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #2,897 of 3,643
Please, I need your help. I'm from Argentina and a friend of mine is going to the US in a few days. The problem is that I suffer from a serious case of Analysis Paralysis. Seeing the opportunity to buy some good bluetooth headphones I spent several hours each day for the past two weeks researching bluetooth headphones! And I still don't make up my mind about which is best to buy! Please help me decide.
I'm looking for an on ear or over ear. My priorities are comfort (including not getting warm) and overall sound quality.

Some options I was considering are:

Avantree Audition Pro (although for some reason I think most of the existing reviews are paid for talking in favor..)

AKG Y50BT (although I read that they may produce too much pressure against the ears)

Phiaton Chord MS 530 (although I read they can get warm after a while)

Koss BT540i (I read that maybe the ears touch the inner part and that might be uncomfortable?)

Plantronics Backbeat Pro

House of Marley Liberate XLBT

Which of these would you choose? If you have any other to suggest, very welcome! I think the Onkyo H500BT would be my ideal headphone, but I can't afford it
frown.gif
It's already a lot of effort for me to buy one of the above mentioned.

Thanks!

Do you have a price limit? If you don't want you ears to get warm, you'd be better off with an over-the-ear pair. Amazon currently has the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 for $329. That's more than the Onkyo H500BT, but is there a reason besides price why you're only looking at on-ear headphones in your list?

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #2,898 of 3,643
@gea3988, what is your budget? If you don't want hot, generally over the ear are hotter, but more comfortable (not always more comfortable). It is a shame that the H500BT is out of your budget as it really is a fantastic portable, maybe worth saving for? I had recently picked up a fantastic B&W P7 wireless and after about 2 months with not using the H500BT I used it the other day thinking it would be a big enough step down from the P7, but nope, it is a damn solid headphone, surprises me everytime. I'm not saying it is perfect, but it is darn good, super portable, and the only headphone I can wear outdoors in our summer heat (Ottawa gets very hot in the summer, high humidity as well).

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #2,899 of 3,643
If you can find it for $200 on-sale ($220 from Amazon right now for gloss black), the Beats Solo3 are underrated by the audiophile community. I've heard many bad and good headphones, and the Solo3 are firmly in the "good" category. I'm in the camp that believes they might be the best on-ear wireless headphone. If you get fit right they're fairly comfortable, and if you like some low-end accentuation it's done well with all the other frequencies still being well-represented at 70%+ volume.

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #2,900 of 3,643
  If you can find it for $200 on-sale ($220 from Amazon right now for gloss black), the Beats Solo3 are underrated by the audiophile community. I've heard many bad and good headphones, and the Solo3 are firmly in the "good" category. I'm in the camp that believes they might be the best on-ear wireless headphone. If you get fit right they're fairly comfortable, and if you like some low-end accentuation it's done well with all the other frequencies still being well-represented at 70%+ volume.

For sure, we also tend to promote things that don't get promoted like Beats. I'm actually not against Beats at all, but they also don't need any help either where it is an uphill battle for many of these companies believe it or not, at least when talking about mass market appeal. Many people will have heard about Beats, but not many outside of these places have heard about ONKYO so I do tend to promote such companies, plus they make great headphones. But yes, the Solo3 I have heard and they are good.

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #2,901 of 3,643
  For sure, we also tend to promote things that don't get promoted like Beats. I'm actually not against Beats at all, but they also don't need any help either where it is an uphill battle for many of these companies believe it or not, at least when talking about mass market appeal. Many people will have heard about Beats, but not many outside of these places have heard about ONKYO so I do tend to promote such companies, plus they make great headphones. But yes, the Solo3 I have heard and they are good.

Well-said. Frankly most people haven't heard of ONKYO, while most have heard of Beats. I don't mind trying another company if their audio is objectively significantly better but unless I'm saving money or there's a mass general consensus about a certain company being amazing then I'm hesitant to spend money then having to return it.

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #2,902 of 3,643
Well-said. Frankly most people haven't heard of ONKYO, while most have heard of Beats. I don't mind trying another company if their audio is objectively significantly better but unless I'm saving money or there's a mass general consensus about a certain company being amazing then I'm hesitant to spend money then having to return it.

Onkyo are amazing! They've been producing award winning high end audio equipment for many years, it's only recently that they've broken into the headphone market which is why many people on this forum haven't heard of them.

The Onkyo H500BT's are one of the very best bluetooth headphones around 2nd to only the B&W P7's imo!

They're certainly the best over ear bluetooth headphones if you consider sound quality, comfort, connection, build and value! The only other on ears that sounded about as good were the Philips Fidelio M2BT's, but I found their connection pretty terrible in comparison, they weren't as comfy and I've heard many story's of them literally falling apart! They were also twice the price of what I paid for the Onkyo's when they both first came out!

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #2,904 of 3,643
Onkyo are amazing! They've been producing award winning high end audio equipment for many years, it's only recently that they've broken into the headphone market which is why many people on this forum haven't heard of them.

The Onkyo H500BT's are one of the very best bluetooth headphones around 2nd to only the B&W P7's imo!

They're certainly the best over ear bluetooth headphones if you consider sound quality, comfort, connection, build and value! The only other on ears that sounded about as good were the Philips Fidelio M2BT's, but I found their connection pretty terrible in comparison, they weren't as comfy and I've heard many story's of them literally falling apart! They were also twice the price of what I paid for the Onkyo's when they both first came out!

The price would be right if they looked a little more stylish. How's the bass compared to V-MODA? I don't think I could do with less bass than the M-100.

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #2,905 of 3,643
The price would be right if they looked a little more stylish. How's the bass compared to V-MODA? I don't think I could do with less bass than the M-100.

I actually really like their styling but of course it's a very subjective thing!

I can't comment on the V-Moda as I wasn't too keen on their styling and the signature didn't sound like it would suit my listening preference so I never tried them in the end.

I actually really like a well done extended bass and the Onkyo's really don't disappoint! The bass is well rounded and deep, but also quite punchy and detailed! I really wasn't expecting to like them as much as I did especially as I only paid £135 for them here in the UK! It was quite a shock when I first put them on and heard just how good they were...up until that point very few had even come close to that level of quality!

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #2,906 of 3,643
 ​I have tried a few headphones the sony xb950bt, abt1, ath-ws99bt, vmoda crossfade wireless, and the momentum's and the momentum's have the best fit for me. Both the sony's would fall off my head at the gym even with a hat on but I consider myself as having a small head. I have been using the momentum's at the gym for nearly a year now and that is the only place I use them and I have had no issues. The earpads even still look like new to me. I also make sure that I wipe them down when I'm done at the gym though.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #2,907 of 3,643
   ​I have tried a few headphones the sony xb950bt, abt1, ath-ws99bt, vmoda crossfade wireless, and the momentum's and the momentum's have the best fit for me. Both the sony's would fall off my head at the gym even with a hat on but I consider myself as having a small head. I have been using the momentum's at the gym for nearly a year now and that is the only place I use them and I have had no issues. The earpads even still look like new to me. I also make sure that I wipe them down when I'm done at the gym though.

How does the bass of the Momentum's compare to the Crossfade Wireless? Somebody on Reddit said the bass on the Momentum was even boomier than the Solo3, which I don't believe but am a bit intrigued.

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #2,908 of 3,643
The crossfade's have more bass. I remember when I first tried them I was like why does it feel like my ears are being tickled and it was the crossfade's bass making the earpads shake!. I wouldn't consider the momentum's a bass heavy headphone. I haven't heard the solo3 so I couldn't give you my opinion

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #2,909 of 3,643
I actually really like their styling but of course it's a very subjective thing!

I can't comment on the V-Moda as I wasn't too keen on their styling and the signature didn't sound like it would suit my listening preference so I never tried them in the end.

I actually really like a well done extended bass and the Onkyo's really don't disappoint! The bass is well rounded and deep, but also quite punchy and detailed! I really wasn't expecting to like them as much as I did especially as I only paid £135 for them here in the UK! It was quite a shock when I first put them on and heard just how good they were...up until that point very few had even come close to that level of quality!

The Onkyo's are one of my options for portable bluetooth headset (besides Bose Soundlink On-Ear, Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear and Beats Solo3), but here in Spain they are not easy to find and not that cheap: I have only found one in Fnac for 230€ (45% more expensive than yours!)

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #2,910 of 3,643
So can anybody recommended me any 'good enough' wireless headphone at low price!

My dad has a pair. Sound quality is good but not great. The IR link avoids lag but they are line-of-sight. OK if you're in front of the TV.
Unisar TV Listener J3 Infrared Wireless Headphones

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Unisar-TV-Listener-J3-Rechargeable-Wireless-Headset/23449586

Users who are viewing this thread

Back