high quality headphones with sound isolation??
Oct 4, 2011 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

takeshibeat

New Head-Fier
i have hi fi system marantz mcr 502 with speakers
i can listen the music on my hifi just with headphones because i live in a building
that has a very,very bad sound isolation (i don t think that it could be worse than this)
my flat is on the second  floor and i can hear everything what they are speaking beneath and above me and inversely ,
so i have big problem when watching tv after 22 ,
the neighbour above me always bangs to the flooring because the noise from my room
and then i must turn down the volume on the tv or mostly stop to watch
mostly i listen :rock,blues,jazz,classic,electronic
i wanted to order headphones sennheiser hd 598 (the city where i live in croatia hasn t any shops whit sennheiser headphones so i just can order it)
but i bought 2 years before sennheiser hd 380 pro headphones
and they have had a very bad sound isolation,when i connected them to my hifi system
and when i started to listen to music with them ,the sound isolation was so bad that my neigbour above has banged the flooring and i needed to end listening to music,
so some guys that have those sennheiser hd 598 headphones told me that if i buy such headphones, that i will have with them problems with the sound isolation too,
so i wanted to ask you people on the forum can anyone recommend me headphones
that have the same high quality sound like sennheiser hd 598(and the price should be similar) but have also great sound isolation so that people near me can t hear the music and that i don t have anymore problems with my neighbour,
i would listening with those headphones music just on my hifi system and i would want that those headphones have 3 meters cable
can anyone suggest me the perfect headphones for me ??

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 20
Heya,

Pretty much any closed headphone should give you some privacy. Even a closed headphone that leaks a little is going to be enough to not be heard through a wall (even if said wall is paper thin). So basically any nice closed headphone should work out for you.

Suggestions:

Denon D2000
BeyerDynamic DT770
Ultrasone PRO 550
Fischer Audio FA-003
AudioTechnica A900
Panasonic RP-HTF600

Very best,

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 20
i don t know if you have understand me my problem is not because i can hear my neighbour,
my main problem is that the neighbour can here me
as far as i know (i m not an headphone expert ) those headphones which i have had
sennheiser hd 380 pro where closed headphones and i have had with them major problems (mostly i listen to music after 22 h ( because i work till 18h and then i must make dinner and other
....) and my music must be on minimum volume then because if i listen a little bit louder my neighbours protest to me

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #4 of 20

Quote:
i don t know if you have understand me my problem is not because i can hear my neighbour,
my main problem is that the neighbour can here me
as far as i know (i m not an headphone expert ) those headphones which i have had
sennheiser hd 380 pro where closed headphones and i have had with them major problems (mostly i listen to music after 22 h ( because i work till 18h and then i must make dinner and other
....) and my music must be on minimum volume then because if i listen a little bit louder my neighbours protest to me

Your neighbors can hear your 380PRO headphones on your head at medium/moderate volume?

If that's the case, you may want to just consider some IEM's. A closed headphone shouldn't be heard by someone through even a paper thin wall. But if they can still hear it and whine about it, get something that they absolutely will not hear, such as IEM's.

Sweet god you must hear every fart in the building. Gah.

Very best,

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #5 of 20
what is IEM ?
i saw in wikipedia that that can mean in-ear monitor?
are that earphones like those what you get with your mp3 player or your i-pod
i don t think that i can get quality sound with such earphones or am i wrong?
can i get with those earphones quality sound like i could get with sennheiser hd 598?
and i think that my hifi marantz mcr 502 is to quality for such earphones
i tougth that earphones are more for ipods or mp3 players?

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #7 of 20
If you want maximum isolation, consider what malveaux said. Iems the way to go. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #8 of 20
Alternatively, these might be out of your price range but they are a decent noise canceller 

Sennheiser PXC-310

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #9 of 20

Quote:
Alternatively, these might be out of your price range but they are a decent noise canceller 

Sennheiser PXC-310

They are indeed a nice set of headphones, but im not sure if the Op can buy sennheiser on his country. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #10 of 20
Yes, IEM = in-ear monitors
No, it does not only mean the ones that come free with MP3 players. There are lousy IEMs and there are great IEMs--just like headphones.
Get a pair of IEMs and buy an extra 3m. cable so you can use it with your TV. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #11 of 20
Generally Mp3 players come with Earbuds. Which Sq is awful. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #12 of 20

I'm no IEM expert but I liked these Etymotic a lot 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #13 of 20
After you are finished kicking the crap out the guy banging on the floor, get a pair of Ety's -- HF or ER4 series.  No leakage and good sounds.

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #14 of 20
i just wanna buy headphones that are over-ear not those that go in-ear
i want that they have a design like denon ah-d2000 or sennheiser hd-598 and have a great sound isolation
are there iem headphones that are over-ear or are all of them in-ear??
if there are over ear  IEM which are good ones (that sound equal good as the sennheiser hd 598 or denon ahd2000)????
and i can buy sennheiser headphones in my country just not in my city, so i think that i would buy them online without trying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back