High End CIEM/IEM Thread!
Feb 3, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #723 of 903
I have about $1200 to spend on a pair of customs. I really wanted to go with Ultimate Ears because they use stereolithography 3D printing and the quality is unmatched in my opinion. I just dont no what model to go with. I listen to alot of 1990's music and not into heavy bass. Any suggestions would be great. Even if its a different company I was also looking at the 1964 V6S witch would save me alot of money.

UERM???

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #728 of 903
My problem is I want a referance iem and one I can use for everyday listening.

You won't get fatigue from UERM. Typical fatigue is caused by harsh and overbearing treble, which isn't what UERM is all about. In fact it has one of the best treble presentation - crystal clear and airy while smooth. I considered it a strength. Comparatively my jh13 could fatigue me easier with the somewhat spiky treble, even thought it is warmer and bassier than UERM.

On the other hand, the lack of a fluid and impractical bass could impede your enjoyment for genres that call for more bass. Personally I highly regard V6S as an all-arounded, reference quality and thoroughly enjoyable ciem with enough transparency to be considered totl sound but with good bass at a very reasonable price.

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #730 of 903
Personally I highly regard V6S as an all-arounded, reference quality and thoroughly enjoyable ciem with enough transparency to be considered totl sound but with good bass at a very reasonable price.

+1

The V6-Stage wasn't as good as the K10 I had for 4 days last summer, but it gave the K10 a very impressive run for the money.

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #733 of 903
I prefer the V6 more. Less of the closed in feeling That one gets with the V6S. I was utterly disappointed and underwhelmed my the V6S.

Yes, V6 is very nice too. I feel they are turned quite differently and each has strength and both came in a very nice price/performance point that should garner more attention. I like V6 with most classical, chamber, instrumental, soundtracks, and electronica type music. V6S shine with most tracks with vocal and rock, jazz, and R&B types. Key difference is V6 has a wider/more airy presentation and V6S has more depth/layers and more forward vocal placement and more bass that made it better suited for my needs. Both are great value though I didn't get either as they sorta overlapped with the jh13fp (and got V8 instead for the bassy fun Roxanne-like sig).

I can heartily recommend either V6S or UERM as a first and last CIEM for the value buyer. UERM if you place more important on flatter monitor like FR, treble presentation and transparency, while V6S for a more fun and all rounded sound that plays well with most genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back