High End CIEM/IEM Thread!
Feb 4, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #736 of 903
Looking to get my first CIEM, budget of about $650 without cost of molds. I'm leaning toward Noble but I am also considering Alclair, UE and 1964. I enjoy a bit of a V-Shaped response curve, something with a healthy bass and not too bright highs. Any recommendations? 

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #737 of 903
You won't get fatigue from UERM. Typical fatigue is caused by harsh and overbearing treble, which isn't what UERM is all about. In fact it has one of the best treble presentation - crystal clear and airy while smooth. I considered it a strength. Comparatively my jh13 could fatigue me easier with the somewhat spiky treble, even thought it is warmer and bassier than UERM.

On the other hand, the lack of a fluid and impractical bass could impede your enjoyment for genres that call for more bass. Personally I highly regard V6S as an all-arounded, reference quality and thoroughly enjoyable ciem with enough transparency to be considered totl sound but with good bass at a very reasonable price.

The JH13 has spiky treble? How long do you listen to time until you get fatigued? I just ordered a pair a few weeks ago after a long-ish audition of the universal version in a hifi store (wanted to get a Noble K10 but I can't/wont get gear that I haven't auditioned first hand). What gear do you listen to them with?

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #743 of 903
Hi everyone I am in the market for a pair of customs so far its between ACS Encore Live or 1964 Ears V6 Stage. Anyone have any thoughts of these 2 customs I have read threads on both of them and still not sure witch one to go with. I listen to a lot of 1990's music and Hip-Hip most likely will be using at work with the Fiio X1 or Ibasso DX90. Thanks for any help offered.

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #744 of 903
Anyone have experience with this?

http://www.amazon.com/Jodi-Vac-Consumer-Hearing-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B007ORQ01K/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Mar 6, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #745 of 903
Save some of your budget for front end and get the Cardas EM5813s.  Their sonic signature is what you're looking for, and I'd say there's little to be gained by spending more for IEMs. I enjoy mine quite a bit!

Mar 13, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #747 of 903
  What are some IEMs with Sonion's AcuPass drivers? Mr.T talked about it here, but I never came across an IEM with them yet(or maybe I've, but I wasn't aware).

If you are interested in CIEMs then Custom Art Music Two is utilizing Sonion Accupass driver. Cosmic Ears BA4r model was using Sonion Accupass driver as mid-high driver, but the current 4 drivers models allegedly uses TWFK or other drivers.

Look here as well: http://theheadphonelist.com/sonion-1723-acupass-custom-ear-monitor-roundup/

Mar 13, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #748 of 903
For universal IEMs, the TDK BA200 and the Alclair Curve/Blue-Gear CS-2 both use the 1723 AcuPass. The one in the BA200 is an early prototype.

The ATH-IM04 *might* (unconfirmed, but seems so) be using it for it's top two drivers, like the same way the old Cosmic BA4F/R and Livezoner41 LZ4 use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back