High End CIEM/IEM Thread!
Jan 16, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #711 of 903
How does it compare to uerm? When A/B ing with ex1000, I thought it sounded like it was drowning in bass but decent

More engaging. It's fun V shape can make UERM sound bit muddled, because of the more present mids. Nevertheless, UERM still has better clarity, imaging, and detail. Z5 has better bass slam though. I personally thought Z5 had more or less same quality bass as EX1000, just with more presence.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #712 of 903
More engaging. It's fun V shape can make UERM sound bit muddled, because of the more present mids. Nevertheless, UERM still has better clarity, imaging, and detail. Z5 has better bass slam though. I personally thought Z5 had more or less same quality bass as EX1000, just with more presence.

Yea. Same quality. But quantity wise, it was just massive. I might go back to the Sony store to demo it again and compare again.

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #714 of 903
I have about $1200 to spend on a pair of customs. I really wanted to go with Ultimate Ears because they use stereolithography 3D printing and the quality is unmatched in my opinion. I just dont no what model to go with. I listen to alot of 1990's music and not into heavy bass. Any suggestions would be great. Even if its a different company I was also looking at the 1964 V6S witch would save me alot of money.

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #715 of 903
Acain, if you don't mind sillicone and you are considering V6S I would say Custom Art Harmony 8 Pro.

Although I haven't heard it from descriptions it seems that EarWerkz Legend-r could also suit you (there is a Legend for sale on headfi for 500 GBP).

To be clear: my above opinion is not directed at selling my Harmony since I almost sold it (I'm waiting for the monies).

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #717 of 903
Yeah i saw the legend for sale thats a great price. What was the reason for selling the custom harmony.

I had two CIEMs and one of them must go to finance acquisition of either another CIEM or DAP (ultimately I want to have just one CIEM and one DAP). Harmony is on the same, technical level as my other CIEM (5ways), but the latter has the sound which I prefer (more organic, rich, full-bodied).

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #718 of 903
Thanks I was thinking of getting the JH Angie universal but its just to big for wearing at work for 8hrs a day. I keep changing my mind between so many different customers. I really wish i could audition the ones i want from each company.

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #719 of 903
Thanks I was thinking of getting the JH Angie universal but its just to big for wearing at work for 8hrs a day. I keep changing my mind between so many different customers. I really wish i could audition the ones i want from each company.

I'm so jelaous about that people in Singapore or China have shops were they can audition virtually almost every CIEM (from JHA, 1964ears, Custom Art, Hidition, Lear etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back