HiFiMan Introduces New HE-500 Planar Magnetic Headphones
Dec 5, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #871 of 1,779
I have not tried it with the HE phones but did it on a pair of L3000 years ago with very bad result. The problem was that the cable is much smaller than the width of the pad ring so creates a cavity under a great part of the pad which really made the sound wierd. A ring of some kind of material the same size as the pad might work better but never tried that

Dec 7, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #872 of 1,779
I got my shipping notice tonight. I'm nearly 39 and find myself feeling like a 7 year old at Christmas...wife thinks I'm nuts.

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #876 of 1,779
Got the awesome news today that I will be getting a HE-500 for Xmas all the way from Beijing! Hope they make the trip home safely! Argh, two and half weeks to go! I've never been more excited about a pair of headphones :)

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #878 of 1,779
From Beijing ?? where did you ordered them from?? i thought Hifiman was in Tianjin ( a city beside Beijing ) the cables and pads that was sent to me was from Guangdong ( if i was not wrong )
Quote:
Got the awesome news today that I will be getting a HE-500 for Xmas all the way from Beijing! Hope they make the trip home safely! Argh, two and half weeks to go! I've never been more excited about a pair of headphones :)

Dec 8, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #879 of 1,779
I am now listening to Kyle Eastwood's "Now" album right after Norah Jones... I can honestly say that all the headphones I've ever heard to date, HE-500 are definitely the best. I need to write a paper right now but I just can't because I keep thinking about how the tracks sound so good and my thoughts go back to what I should listen to next rather than the topic of my paper. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #880 of 1,779
I'm pretty sure that FedEx is just messing with me as my estimated delivery date is tomorrow dec. 9 but according to my tracking number they are currently in Chek Lap Kok HK...I really want to believe I'll get them tomorrow but I just ain't buying it...

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #881 of 1,779

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that FedEx is just messing with me as my estimated delivery date is tomorrow dec. 9 but according to my tracking number they are currently in Chek Lap Kok HK...I really want to believe I'll get them tomorrow but I just ain't buying it...

They just haven't changed the estimated date, I bought something that was estimated to arrive at December 8th but then at the 6th they changed it to December 14th, now that sucked.

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #882 of 1,779
seems like a lot of people choose the HE-500 for the early Christmas gift...hehehe..Believe me it would be the best gift you ever have for a while..TT TT..untill your ear wants some more..

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #883 of 1,779
Just placed an order for these off Head-Direct. I'm tempted to go straight for a Q audio cable. Anyone have some opinions on whether this would be necessary / worth it or will the stock cable be sufficient? Will be running Stello U3 > Bifrost > Lyr > HE-500.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #884 of 1,779

Quote:
Just placed an order for these off Head-Direct. I'm tempted to go straight for a Q audio cable. Anyone have some opinions on whether this would be necessary / worth it or will the stock cable be sufficient? Will be running Stello U3 > Bifrost > Lyr > HE-500.

why don't you spend a couple of months with the stock cable so that you have a baseline to measure the Q audio cable against? That's what I am doing...

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #885 of 1,779

Quote:
why don't you spend a couple of months with the stock cable so that you have a baseline to measure the Q audio cable against? That's what I am doing...

That of course would be the sensible option. However being sensible requires so much patience! I noticed that someone referred to upgrading to the Q audio cable earlier in this thread as being '~filterless'. Just interested to see what peoples experiences have been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back