Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Nov 18, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #3,271 of 3,507
Black friday sales: http://www.hifiman.com/promote/blackfriday/index.html
49 for a pair of RE-400!

Nov 24, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #3,272 of 3,507
Hey guys. I have the re-400's and I jumped on that massdrop deal for the re-00 deal but have not recieved them yet. I was wondering with the re-600s v2 being such a good deal right now would it be a worthwhile investment for me? Thanks for the suggestions.

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #3,273 of 3,507
Hey guys. I have the re-400's and I jumped on that massdrop deal for the re-00 deal but have not recieved them yet. I was wondering with the re-600s v2 being such a good deal right now would it be a worthwhile investment for me? Thanks for the suggestions.

I wouldn't call the re-600 a direct upgrade over the 400, so it depends on what you like about the 400 sound signature. I personally felt the 600 lacked the same high end detail, which I valued more than the low/mid boost. On the plus side the 600 is "fuller" all around with the same smooth, forward mids. I haven't received my re-00 yet but I hear it's very similar to the 400.

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #3,274 of 3,507
I wouldn't call the re-600 a direct upgrade over the 400, so it depends on what you like about the 400 sound signature. I personally felt the 600 lacked the same high end detail, which I valued more than the low/mid boost. On the plus side the 600 is "fuller" all around with the same smooth, forward mids. I haven't received my re-00 yet but I hear it's very similar to the 400.

To me the re-400 remind me a lot of grado's which is a good thing for me. Is the mid's more pronounced in the 600?

Edit changed re-00 to re-400.

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #3,275 of 3,507

There are also plenty of choices with good sq and build quality in the same price bracket imo......and I dont see the 600s a huge step up/upgrade to the waterlines either.I dont invest on something that costs 235% more which has marginal difference to what I have in possession already and the same is collecting dust and unusable abbeit a wonderful sounding monitors.:frowning2:

However, I did want to get another pair of 400s for the bf price,but its useless again getting them with the same cable,coz tho it sounds good for the price I cant use them after some time due to weak points in the cable. They didnt seem to care addressing the issue either.(RE400 Im referring to) So I spent on some other IEMs and saved my money.

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #3,276 of 3,507
There are also plenty of choices with good sq and build quality in the same price bracket imo......and I dont see the 600s a huge step up/upgrade to the waterlines either.I dont invest on something that costs 235% more which has marginal difference to what I have in possession already and the same is collecting dust and unusable abbeit a wonderful sounding monitors.:frowning2:

However, I did want to get another pair of 400s for the bf price,but its useless again getting them with the same cable,coz tho it sounds good for the price I cant use them after some time due to weak points in the cable. They didnt seem to care addressing the issue either.(RE400 Im referring to) So I spent on some other IEMs and saved my money.

What would some suggestions for around the $130? Im curious and always looking for different.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #3,277 of 3,507
What would some suggestions for around the $130? Im curious and always looking for different.

Take a look on trinity range of IEMs,they have SALE going on,with their current line-ups and pre-order ones now......you can visit chinese/asian thread for dual hybrids,triple hybrids and multi BA models.And theres knowledge zenith thread for insane monitiors under $10-$30 that ranges from single dynamic drivers to triple hybrids too.you wont believe what a $10 monitors can do for the price.

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #3,278 of 3,507
Take a look on trinity range of IEMs,they have SALE going on,with their current line-ups and pre-order ones now......you can visit chinese/asian thread for dual hybrids,triple hybrids and multi BA models.And theres knowledge zenith thread for insane monitiors under $10-$30 that ranges from single dynamic drivers to triple hybrids too.you wont believe what a $10 monitors can do for the price.

I think im going to try them trinity's. Thanks for the advice.

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #3,279 of 3,507
I think im going to try them trinity's. Thanks for the advice.

I'd check the joker thread (300 IEM review or whatever it is), as he gives good advice re: an upgrade/sidegrade. Keep that sidegrade term in mind, because if you really love the sound signiture of the re-400 you're going to have a hard time finding a true upgrade. I've yet to try the SD-2 and have the Ei.3 on the way, but so far haven't found a true upgrade from the re-400 even up to the $500 range. That includes the re-600. The mids were slightly better (not really more pronounced), but you trade high end detail (more veiled).

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #3,280 of 3,507
I'd check the joker thread (300 IEM review or whatever it is), as he gives good advice re: an upgrade/sidegrade. Keep that sidegrade term in mind, because if you really love the sound signiture of the re-400 you're going to have a hard time finding a true upgrade. I've yet to try the SD-2 and have the Ei.3 on the way, but so far haven't found a true upgrade from the re-400 even up to the $500 range. That includes the re-600. The mids were slightly better (not really more pronounced), but you trade high end detail (more veiled).

Yeah thats also good place but looks like dbaker wants to try different under $130,neither sidegrade nor upgrade......

Nov 25, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #3,281 of 3,507
Yeah thats also good place but looks like dbaker wants to try different under $130,neither sidegrade nor upgrade......

Well for what it's worth joker recommended the IM-02 as a good option for an re-400 fan (it's ~$180 though).

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #3,282 of 3,507
Well for what it's worth joker recommended the IM-02 as a good option for an re-400 fan (it's ~$180 though).

It really is about something different. I have multiple full size cans for different genres and so forth. I really like the 400's for rock just like i like grados for that purpose. So im looking for something as good but in a different way. Hard to say really. Was also looking at the vsonic gr07.

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #3,284 of 3,507
Just got my pair of Re-400, bought them from Sound Waves through Amazon, BF deal. Right out of the box they sound great. The Vsonic GR07 BE is my favorite IEM, from my initial perception, the Hifiman sound clearer, but the Vsonic have more bass. Build quality seems fine. Using the smallest tips (the one with some kind of splitter inside).

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #3,285 of 3,507
Looks like I'm back on the market for a pair of buds. I traded for a pair of those Trinity phantom sabre and loved them but the 4th time I used them the left ear went out and when I e-mailed them they wanted me to try a different cable and when I pulled the cable out the whole socket came out and the housing split in half. So guess I'm back looking at the re-600. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back