Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Aug 3, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #3,196 of 3,507
Email them at customerservice@hifiman.com state you are in the 1 year. They will do the rest. Don't just call them.

Yeah I emailed them yesterday and I just called them today and they said they will email me tmrw.

Aug 3, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #3,197 of 3,507
Yeah I emailed them yesterday and I just called them today and they said they will email me tmrw.

Awesome. They should exchange free cause they did with me. I complained a few times about their overall service etc and they said sorry etc. They said as long as you in the first year warranty they will RMA a new one. My last pair didn't even fail as it was exchanged already twice but when I saw the new one I asked that they exchange for the new one that they resolved the failing cable. They did even though the one I had was working. So they are making good to their existing customers. I give them credit addressing it all very well.

Aug 3, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #3,198 of 3,507
Awesome. They should exchange free cause they did with me. I complained a few times about their overall service etc and they said sorry etc. They said as long as you in the first year warranty they will RMA a new one. My last pair didn't even fail as it was exchanged already twice but when I saw the new one I asked that they exchange for the new one that they resolved the failing cable. They did even though the one I had was working. So they are making good to their existing customers. I give them credit addressing it all very well.

Yeah they have to have good customer service because there so many competitors like sennhesier ,audio technica , shure, UE. Oh and do I have to ship it to China or do they have a HQ in US?

Aug 5, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #3,200 of 3,507
They are in the USA. This is what they sent me for my RMA:

Please ship your defective item to our United States address: 

HIFIMAN Electronics

Service department

2602 Beltagh Ave. 

Bellmore, NY11710
201-443 4626

United States 

Yeah. I just shipped mine today. Do you know how long till I receive mine back?

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #3,210 of 3,507

Right, you only get a new set in a small clear bag. So after more than 50 hours burn in, I have to say they sound the same.

Thank you Hi-fi'er, That's exactly how I received mine. I don't have anything near 50 hrs to opinion on the sound, but they do sound very similar so far. I'm very interested in their durability, since I've returned the original re600s, three times in less than a year... so Hifiman has some trust to gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back