Hifiman HM-801 sounds no better than my iPod Touch 3G...
Jul 25, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #62 of 133

Quote:
Yes you're right, your and my avatar are exactly the same level of trendy. Riiiight.

Also I checked out your headphones. Maybe when you own one thats worth more then $100, you'll be able to appreciate more then an ipod.

I do appreciate more than iPods......I also own Cowon, Sansa, Samsung, and Sony players.
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #63 of 133
I had the opportunity to listen to a FLAC file of Hans Zimmer's "Inception" soundtrack on the 801 and compared it to the same FLAC recording on my 4G touch. There was a shocking lack of detail on the 801. I can't imagine anyone thinking the SQ was acceptable. HM-801 > SE535 and the same IEMs with the touch. I think placebic value is proportional to the $$-spent on these one-off DAPs.

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #64 of 133

Quote:
I had the opportunity to listen to a FLAC file of Hans Zimmer's "Inception" soundtrack on the 801 and compared it to the same FLAC recording on my 4G touch. There was a shocking lack of detail on the 801. I can't imagine anyone thinking the SQ was acceptable. HM-801 > SE535 and the same IEMs with the touch. I think placebic value is proportional to the $$-spent on these one-off DAPs.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #67 of 133

Quote:
I listed two reasons why I think he's a liar.  He can easily prove me wrong, until then, to me, he's a liar. And a troll.

Here's 2 pictures, just for you, now go take off your pom poms. You've done enough cheer leading for Hifiman.

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #68 of 133

Quote:
Here's a picture, just for you, now go take off your pom poms. You've done enough cheer leading for Hifiman.

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #70 of 133
At least it sounds better than the AMP3. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54879

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #71 of 133
Ahahahaha. Go check the head-direct forum. Seriously go see it. Its open to all. Check all my posts on there.  See if I'm earning a good cheque from head-direct.

You're funny.

And you're completely missing the point.  The reviewers actually did in fact do volume matching.. a lot more scientific ones too then your "So, I ran a volume matched test by ears. I know it's not accurate but it's sufficient enough." 

Sufficient to whom? You? Great, my standards are higher then your standards.  Also you clearly have no 24-bit 96khz files which your precious ipod does NOT support, and thus have overpayed for your player since that is for the 801 is designed to do.  So you thus either a. do not actually listen to anything hifi b. cannot tell the difference and thus your ears are crap and your opinion should be kept to yourself since you're clearly nowhere near capable enough of distinguishing sound characteristics and nuances.

Quote:

Seriously, I want to ask. How much does Head-Direct pay you?

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #72 of 133

Quote:
Ahahahaha. Go check the head-direct forum. Seriously go see it. Its open to all. Check all my posts on there.  See if I'm earning a good cheque from head-direct.

You're funny.

And you're completely missing the point.  The reviewers actually did in fact do volume matching.. a lot more scientific ones too then your "So, I ran a volume matched test by ears. I know it's not accurate but it's sufficient enough." 

Sufficient to whom? You? Great, my standards are higher then your standards.  Also you clearly have no 24-bit 96khz files which your precious ipod does NOT support, and thus have overpayed for your player since that is for the 801 is designed to do.  So you thus either a. do not actually listen to anything hifi b. cannot tell the difference and thus your ears are crap and your opinion should be kept to yourself since you're clearly nowhere near capable enough of distinguishing sound characteristics and nuances.

Are you serious? That is by far the most dumb thing I've heard all year. " If someone cannot hear the difference it means their ears are crap " completely disregarding the potential fact that there is no difference to be heard. I have a few 24 bit 96khz files that I bought from HD Tracks and to be honest with you when I " re-encode " them to 16 bit 44.1khz FLAC I hear no degradation in sound quality. I never encoded those songs to MP3 before, but I should try, maybe still won't hear any degradation in sound quality. I have no lossless songs on iPod as I felt that it didn't have enough space. But, on the SDHC cards ( 3x 32gbs SDHC ) I use for my HM-801 they had nothing but FLAC encoded songs.

Get your head out of your *** and stop cheer leading. I thought I told you that before.

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #73 of 133
Bojamijams why be a lunatic?? You can always enjoy your Hifiman in silence with some 24-bit 96khz files. Seems you cannot change a fellow head-fier's listening perceptive. No pay for rants here.. Btw i love Hifiman by its looks and i'll buy one i promise to enjoy some 24-bit 96khz files.

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #74 of 133
Tronz just accept the fact that bojamijams hearing ability is much superior than any ordinary. Why these replies?? You are already blessed with not liking purely a high-priced equipment.

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #75 of 133

18 ohms of output impedance is simply unacceptable for an amp that has to drive headphomes. That is a fact that no one can deny. That impedance skews the fr of balanced armatures and kills the damping for dynamic headphones.

The thing might have an expensive dac but the overall implementation is lacking.
I guess that Apple signal path has been designed with a multimillionaire budget and it does show. Man hours count even more than components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back