Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 17, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #14,416 of 14,640
Oh ok-thanks for the advice and will take very seriously, especially at the sus price!!
I have the stealths and give them 9.75/10. I might get the se one day as well. I’ve heard se a bit and loved it. And a fraction of the sus price!!
I also had the SE.
Save your money and just stick with your Stealth. The SE isn't necessarily an improvement all around. They are a little too bright for me and that is the common understanding amongst other people.

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #14,417 of 14,640
I also had the SE.
Save your money and just stick with your Stealth. The SE isn't necessarily an improvement all around. They are a little too bright for me and that is the common understanding amongst other people.
Ok thanks for that. Ok tungsten’s or erzitich Charybdis-here I come!!!!

Mar 18, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #14,420 of 14,640
I haven't seen that review but after having owned the SE I believe it is the brighter of the two headphones.

Mar 18, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #14,421 of 14,640
Plus, I don't find the Stealth bright at all.

Mar 18, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #14,423 of 14,640
A quick search will reveal many comments about the harshness/brightness of the SE.
I was a CanJam New York City last weekend and I spoke with an owner of the Stealth and we were both confused as to why it gets labeled as bright sometimes.

Mar 18, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #14,424 of 14,640
Now I am completely confused...
I have to rewatch again...and listen to others' comments...
I want a brighter version to complement my D8000, not a warmer one.
There are various conflicting reports about the Stealth being bright, warm, etc. The treble peaks are at a very personal place in a person’s hearing, and has to do with the shape of your ear and of your head. Everyone’s going to hear stuff in this range a little differently.

Personally I found the 1000 SE way too bright for me, and didn’t find the 1000 V2’s bright at all. Haven’t heard the Stealths yet, but I’m curious to hear how they’ll compare.

That said, I’m sure whatever 1000 version you get, it’ll be brighter than the D8000.

Mar 18, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #14,425 of 14,640
That said, I’m sure whatever 1000 version you get, it’ll be brighter than the D8000.
That's for sure, but not enough. I want the opposite. I do not want to think later that I made a mistake for 1.5k-2k.
The devil is in the details :wink:

I must rewatch Lachlan's video and William Murdock's, too, and then I will probably ask them for an explanation.

It's absolutely true that we don't experience sound the same, but you can't mix which is brighter and which is warmer.

But people tend to do that too, I suppose, just like a lot of folks would swear that green is blue :)

Cheers!

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #14,426 of 14,640
If you WANT brighter as a compliment to your d8000 than the SE is probably the right choice.

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #14,427 of 14,640
If you WANT brighter as a compliment to your d8000 than the SE is probably the right choice.
The funny thing is that I came on the thread asking for help to clear one confusion...which was solved positively...but now there happened another :)))))

The good thing is that I am in no rush...

Cheers!
:vulcan::vulcan::vulcan:

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #14,429 of 14,640
Bright, brighter than Stealth??

I watched Lachlan's Passion for Sound; I thought he described SE as the warmer option of Stealth.
Do I have to rewatch that? Have I missed something?

Cheers!
From what I see, this is a divided opinion and no one is right or wrong. I know Lachlan personally and he hates my stealths as they are too bright for him. I AB’d se vs stealth snd same-se are a bit more “polite” and stealths definitely have more treble energy for me-but I love treble as I have a bit of high frequency hearing loss. But some people swear the se are brighter and that’s exactly what they are hearing. I believe the majority of people hear the stealths brighter than the se but this is so subjective.

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #14,430 of 14,640
Now I am completely confused...
I have to rewatch again...and listen to others' comments...
I want a brighter version to complement my D8000, not a warmer one.
I think both se and stealth will have more treble presence but for me, stealths have even more. But this is why I bought them. Se are awesome too and slightly technically better but really only a few % better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back