Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 18, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #14,431 of 14,685
That's for sure, but not enough. I want the opposite. I do not want to think later that I made a mistake for 1.5k-2k.
The devil is in the details :wink:

I must rewatch Lachlan's video and William Murdock's, too, and then I will probably ask them for an explanation.

It's absolutely true that we don't experience sound the same, but you can't mix which is brighter and which is warmer.

But people tend to do that too, I suppose, just like a lot of folks would swear that green is blue :)

Cheers!
As you alluded to, I don’t think they can give you an explanation. We do all hear things differently. And this is just personal preference. What I will say and I think everyone here will agree, is that you will not go wrong with either the stealths or the se. They are both magnificent headphones and unbelievably good for their price points.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #14,432 of 14,685
But some people swear the se are brighter and that’s exactly what they are hearing. I believe the majority of people hear the stealths brighter than the se but this is so subjective.
Hahahaha... then I am switching to SE...for now :)
Or wait a minute... do others agree with what you just said?
SE are brighter...but Stealth has more treble energy...another confusion.

I believe the majority of people hear the stealths brighter
But up to this point here, everyone is writing that SE is brighter.
So all here, including you, are in the minority?

Damn...this is becoming even more fun to me :)

Do these threaders have some mushroom party every night :)

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #14,433 of 14,685
All I can say is the treble on the Stealths is god-tier lol.
SE I've heard but not when I had access to the Stealth.
I can almost guarantee you that you'd love either one so don't stress too much about it.
Can always buy from Amazon and have 30 days free trial.

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #14,434 of 14,685
Hahahaha... then I am switching to SE...for now :)
Or wait a minute... do others agree with what you just said?
SE are brighter...but Stealth has more treble energy...another confusion.

But up to this point here, everyone is writing that SE is brighter.
So all here, including you, are in the minority?

Damn...this is becoming even more fun to me :)

Do these threaders have some mushroom party every night :)
Haha. I consider extra treble to be “brighter”. I hear the stealths as definitely brighter than the se. Watch Lachlan’s review again too.

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #14,435 of 14,685
They are both magnificent headphones and unbelievably good for their price points.
Damn, but that's not the point. If I am at the beginning of the headphones journey...I might accept that.
But now...huh...I will dig more until I am sure...that's the only way I won't regret it, even if I decide to pick "wrong".

It's almost the same as with the Final D800 and D800Pro.
I would not be happy if I chose the Pro, even though they might be better for plenty of folks.

I'll continue to dig and to listen...

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #14,436 of 14,685
All I can say is the treble on the Stealths is god-tier lol.
SE I've heard but not when I had access to the Stealth.
I can almost guarantee you that you'd love either one so don't stress too much about it.
Can always buy from Amazon and have 30 days free trial.
Perfect answer!!

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #14,438 of 14,685
Damn, but that's not the point. If I am at the beginning of the headphones journey...I might accept that.
But now...huh...I will dig more until I am sure...that's the only way I won't regret it, even if I decide to pick "wrong".

It's almost the same as with the Final D800 and D800Pro.
I would not be happy if I chose the Pro, even though they might be better for plenty of folks.

I'll continue to dig and to listen...
Obviously listening to both is the only solution. As mentioned, buy 1 from Amazon, return it and buy the other. Do you have access to any friends who have these? Watch more reviews

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #14,439 of 14,685
Obviously listening to both is the only solution. As mentioned, buy 1 from Amazon, return it and buy the other. Do you have access to any friends who have these? Watch more reviews
No problem...this really became a puzzle...that's fun :)
I have time...I have other headphones on my list first,
I have pre-ordered SASH, and after that is probably JM and then...
Life is long...there is no rush, fun matters...and love :)

This is just gathering info.
Which was obviously necessary :)

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #14,440 of 14,685
No problem...this really became a puzzle...that's fun :)
I have time...I have other headphones on my list first,
I have pre-ordered SASH, and after that is probably JM and then...
Life is long...there is no rush, fun matters...and love :)

This is just gathering info.
Which was obviously necessary :)
I’m just explaining the benefits of the Jm closeds to a fellow discord member as we speak. They are amazing for closed backs!!

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #14,441 of 14,685
you can't mix which is brighter and which is warmer.
Actually it happens all the time! I can’t hear anything past 14khz for example, so the ZMF Caldera, which many people find bright, I find perfect because I just can’t hear the bandwidth that high up. The same was true for the Arya Stealth. Terms like “bright” and “warm” can refer to different places on the frequency spectrum, and based on peoples’ sensitivities could lean to calling a headphone relatively “bright” for one person and “warm” for another.

The only way to know is to try for yourself

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #14,442 of 14,685
Actually it happens all the time! I can’t hear anything past 14khz for example, so the ZMF Caldera, which many people find bright, I find perfect because I just can’t hear the bandwidth that high up. The same was true for the Arya Stealth. Terms like “bright” and “warm” can refer to different places on the frequency spectrum, and based on peoples’ sensitivities could lean to calling a headphone relatively “bright” for one person and “warm” for another.

The only way to know is to try for yourself
I hear to 13.5khz and actually quite enjoy treble which others seem to really dislike, but, like you said maybe our natural roll-off is quite perfect.
Anybody hearing higher than that should just turn that dog-whistle crap off with an ultrasonic filter anyway lol. I can't see how any sounds at those frequencies could be deemed enjoyable by anyone (other than a dog).

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #14,443 of 14,685
and based on peoples’ sensitivities could lean to calling a headphone relatively “bright” for one person and “warm” for another.
I was thinking more if you have headphones A and headphones B to compare.
Not if you have headphones A and several people to say how they hear them.

If you have blue and green next to each other, everyone will see that they are different.
But if you have only green and ask people to say what colour it is, not everyone will say it's green.

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #14,444 of 14,685
I was thinking more if you have headphones A and headphones B to compare.
Not if you have headphones A and several people to say how they hear them.

If you have blue and green next to each other, everyone will see that they are different.
But if you have only green and ask people to say what colour it is, not everyone will say it's green.
Yep.
We hear with the hairs in our ear canals. Everybody's hair is at slightly different angles in ear canals that vary in length, width, and the angles at which they turn, etc. Then there are the differences in how our brains interpret that data.
There's millions of minute variables at play and it's great that we have various tunes and chains to find what best fits our ears and brains.
And then you can add "taste" into it as well bc we all have preferences.

All of that is what makes this hobby fun to me; solving the puzzle.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #14,445 of 14,685
I hear to 13.5khz and actually quite enjoy treble which others seem to really dislike, but, like you said maybe our natural roll-off is quite perfect.
Anybody hearing higher than that should just turn that dog-whistle crap off with an ultrasonic filter anyway lol. I can't see how any sounds at those frequencies could be deemed enjoyable by anyone (other than a dog).
Haha!!!!!!! Yes I always wondered why headphones went from 20hz to 20khz……and some even broader…..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back