Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 17, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #14,401 of 14,685
stock cables always suck though.
In most cases yes, haha. The stock Hifiman cables don't sound bad. When I compared them to some high dollar aftermarket cables, the sound quality was there. It's more so that their cable ergonmics and build material is not the best. The rubber sleeving should be replaced with better materials, but that is just me.

Mar 17, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #14,402 of 14,685
In most cases yes, haha. The stock Hifiman cables don't sound bad. When I compared them to some high dollar aftermarket cables, the sound quality was there. It's more so that their cable ergonmics and build material is not the best. The rubber sleeving should be replaced with better materials, but that is just me.
Better than most, true, i still can't rock them though lol.

I was referring more to his complaint about his complaint about channel imbalance.

Mar 17, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #14,403 of 14,685
Yes.
Frankly, I don't know if I would replace it with anything double the price. I had my $6,000 Susvara side by side with my Stealth and the Stealth was just more fun to listen to.
The Susvara doesn't make mistakes. It is extremely coherent top to bottom and seamless throughout its entire frequency range. However, I want to be wowed. The Stealth do that for me.
Wow-interesting. I’d love to own a sus at some stage. I think my stealths are off the charts good for the price but just have that itch, especially now I have the Burson soloist 3x gt.

Mar 17, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #14,404 of 14,685
I love my Stealth.. because it sounds good, but the build quality is kinda bad. The right side cable doesn't go in as deep as the left side and it's causing a bit of channel imbalance until I re-adjust the cable. If they made a Stealth with better build quality I'd be all over that one.
I’m obviously very lucky as mine are built perfectly with absolutely no issues. That’s a bummer about yours though mate!!

Mar 17, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #14,405 of 14,685
Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #14,406 of 14,685
Wow-interesting. I’d love to own a sus at some stage. I think my stealths are off the charts good for the price but just have that itch, especially now I have the Burson soloist 3x gt.
Be careful. If you scratch the itch too hard, you'll bleed. Proper amplification for the Susvara is a rabbit hole that you have to be cautious to go down. I had the Burson you mentioned. My advice is to NOT pair the Susvara with that.

Mar 17, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #14,407 of 14,685
If you go on the Susvara thread you will soon discover that it is not a thread about the headphone but more so it's a thread about the amplification FOR that headphone.
Trust me.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #14,408 of 14,685
The Susvara is a dream for many headphone enthusiasts. Mine too. But not only its 6500€ price fears me, it is the amplication it demands. Not the pure power but the technicalities.

The HE1000 series needs a good amp pairing too in my opinion. Even the latest version.

Mar 17, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #14,409 of 14,685
Improper amplification for the Susvara is like owning a $400,000 Ferrari and putting on $25 all-season tires. They will get you from A to B but you won't experience what the Ferrari is capable of and then you will go on Ferrari threads saying how much you hate the $400,000 Ferrari.

Mar 17, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #14,410 of 14,685
Anyone denied these yet??
Because there is nothing to deny :)
Also, the build quality, ergonomics, and comfortability are just great.
And not to mention how easy they are to drive.

So if you have HE1000 Stealth...you have the best price-quality ratio in headphones,
But if you have Verum and Stealth, then you have not one pair of best-ratio quality headphones but two.
Two Aces in poker is always better than one :)
And that's my goal :)

Cheers!

Mar 17, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #14,411 of 14,685

So if you have HE1000 Stealth...you have the best price-quality ratio in headphones,
But if you have Verum and Stealth, then you have not one pair of best-ratio quality headphones but two.

Cheers!
That's where Tungstens come into play for me.
THAT'S the "one headphone that is better at this price point" ($100 more than Stealths).

Of course, they are arguably even harder to drive than Susvara's LOLOLOL

Mar 17, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #14,412 of 14,685
THAT'S the "one headphone that is better at this price point" ($100 more than Stealths).

I haven't heard the Tungsten but from what I'm reading, your comment may be true.

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #14,413 of 14,685
Be careful. If you scratch the itch too hard, you'll bleed. Proper amplification for the Susvara is a rabbit hole that you have to be cautious to go down. I had the Burson you mentioned. My advice is to NOT pair the Susvara with that.
Oh ok-thanks for the advice and will take very seriously, especially at the sus price!!
I have the stealths and give them 9.75/10. I might get the se one day as well. I’ve heard se a bit and loved it. And a fraction of the sus price!!

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #14,414 of 14,685

Cheers!
Haha-sorry I corrected myself. Has anyone demoed these yet?

And yes-I reckon I’ll have to get a pair once new release comes out.

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #14,415 of 14,685

Yes I’m keen to hear the tungsten’s too!!! With a nuclear power station!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back