Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 16, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #14,386 of 14,685
Bro, I'm exactly the same. If I don't have headroom or if I get clipping or distortion or a high noise floor, i'm out. can't do that. I need headroom and a black background.
Ain't no going back once you've had that. Hell, even my Fiio K9 Pro had that- this Yggy/Mentor stack is bloody silent.
Nice!!!!!! I was told recently by someone I trust very much that I absolutely need an Yggy in my life......I may act on that this year!!

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #14,387 of 14,685
No actually - I didn't. I thought they fitted perfectly. Different noggins obviously - yours is clearly filled with a lot more brain matter than mine.... :dt880smile:
😂😂😂😂 No way man.

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #14,388 of 14,685
Nice!!!!!! I was told recently by someone I trust very much that I absolutely need an Yggy in my life......I may act on that this year!!
Yes indeed. The Yggy is fantastic, as is the Gumby. Mike Moffatt is The Father of the DAC so it has the proper pedigree as well.

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #14,389 of 14,685
There is no Stealth V2 or V3, despite people saying there is, Even sellers are misnaming the HEK lineup.
Exactly...great straight info...thanks! :wink:

Just an example:
Hifiman HE Stealth.png

Cheers!

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #14,390 of 14,685
Exactly...great straight info...thanks! :wink:

Just an example:
Hifiman HE Stealth.png

Cheers!
Yep - they're idiots haha!!!
V2 is NOT Stealth and no longer made. Stealth is Stealth and imho one of the best sounding cans for $1400 USD!!!!!!!!

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #14,391 of 14,685
Yep - they're idiots haha!!!
V2 is NOT Stealth and no longer made. Stealth is Stealth and imho one of the best sounding cans for $1400 USD!!!!!!!!
Yup. I obviously don't have experience with every headphone but I've heard a lot and the Stealth must be one of the top bang for your buck cans on the market. I'm not sure what else can touch it in this price range.

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #14,392 of 14,685
Yup. I obviously don't have experience with every headphone but I've heard a lot and the Stealth must be one of the top bang for your buck cans on the market. I'm not sure what else can touch it in this price range.
:100:

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #14,393 of 14,685
Yes.
Frankly, I don't know if I would replace it with anything double the price. I had my $6,000 Susvara side by side with my Stealth and the Stealth was just more fun to listen to.
The Susvara doesn't make mistakes. It is extremely coherent top to bottom and seamless throughout its entire frequency range. However, I want to be wowed. The Stealth do that for me.

Mar 17, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #14,395 of 14,685
I love my Stealth.. because it sounds good, but the build quality is kinda bad. The right side cable doesn't go in as deep as the left side and it's causing a bit of channel imbalance until I re-adjust the cable. If they made a Stealth with better build quality I'd be all over that one.

Mar 17, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #14,397 of 14,685
For what its worth. I reordered another he1000 stealth from hifiman.com. I missed the he1000 stealth more forward presentation of the vocals. To me the he1000 stealth was the best overall he1000. It sounded good with every genre it was presented with. The performance to price ratio can't be touched. You won't find another headphone out there that touches this performance for the price. You would have to spend 2 - 3x the cost. The he1000 will always give me that wow factor, resolution is amazing, airy, detailed staging, all the qualities that are in TOTL realm you get from this headphone and to top it off its easy to drive. Still haven't seen a headphone beat it.

One things for sure, for sound signatures, hifiman still ranks as my #1 for house sounds. Honestly your not missing much going stealth over the SE, stealth gets you 95% of the way their, se gets you the other 5% of the way. This time I'm not getting rid of my stealth, I'm keeping all 3, that's how much I love the he1000 sound.

I hear about build quality quite a bit, I've had 3 different he1000v2, 2 he1000se, and 1 stealth soon to be two. 2 Anandas, 1 Arya, 2 Audivina, he400se, he400, he500, he6se. I have not once experience this poor build quality. I'm not saying others have not, I just personally have not, and I've had plenty of hifiman. Even had their dac/amps ef400 & ef600, no build quality issues whatsoever.

In reality, your getting a TOTL headphone for a little over 1k.
You'd be hard press to better the he1000 stealth, once you experience this level of hp.
No matter what price range.

Mar 17, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #14,399 of 14,685
For what its worth. I reordered another he1000 stealth from hifiman.com. I missed the he1000 stealth more forward presentation of the vocals. To me the he1000 stealth was the best overall he1000. It sounded good with every genre it was presented with. The performance to price ratio can't be touched. You won't find another headphone out there that touches this performance for the price. You would have to spend 2 - 3x the cost. The he1000 will always give me that wow factor, resolution is amazing, airy, detailed staging, all the qualities that are in TOTL realm you get from this headphone and to top it off its easy to drive. Still haven't seen a headphone beat it.

One things for sure, for sound signatures, hifiman still ranks as my #1 for house sounds. Honestly your not missing much going stealth over the SE, stealth gets you 95% of the way their, se gets you the other 5% of the way. This time I'm not getting rid of my stealth, I'm keeping all 3, that's how much I love the he1000 sound.

I hear about build quality quite a bit, I've had 3 different he1000v2, 2 he1000se, and 1 stealth soon to be two. 2 Anandas, 1 Arya, 2 Audivina, he400se, he400, he500, he6se. I have not once experience this poor build quality. I'm not saying others have not, I just personally have not, and I've had plenty of hifiman. Even had their dac/amps ef400 & ef600, no build quality issues whatsoever.

In reality, your getting a TOTL headphone for a little over 1k.
You'd be hard press to better the he1000 stealth, once you experience this level of hp.
No matter what price range.
Agreed totaly. The Stealth version is a real no brainer in comparison to other headphones in that price category. I like it even more than the famous V2.

Mar 17, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #14,400 of 14,685
I love my Stealth.. because it sounds good, but the build quality is kinda bad. The right side cable doesn't go in as deep as the left side and it's causing a bit of channel imbalance until I re-adjust the cable. If they made a Stealth with better build quality I'd be all over that one.
stock cables always suck though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back