Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 16, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #14,371 of 14,685
I had a meltdown and was called cranky etc... The stealth is the stealth, no version number. If you just call it the stealth all other models have a version.
it's pretty simple really. Stealth and v2 are all anyone is even talking about. v1 is garbo comparatively lol.

Mar 16, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #14,372 of 14,685
it's pretty simple really. Stealth and v2 are all anyone is even talking about. v1 is garbo comparatively lol.
I thought so too...but if you search it, no one was accepting the explanation. Still insisted to give stealth a V

Mar 16, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #14,373 of 14,685
I think you misunderstood my comment...I know the names, but if you surf the net, stores, as I do...
I am mentioning that you can find different names for the same products.
And sometimes, it's not even clear what they actually have on their site—
is it V2, Stealth, or the third V3...which is what (actually, they call the third generation V3..the Stealth)?

I completely know the history of HE1000 but misunderstanding is on those sites. And their pricing.
And I am writing about vendors in the EU, not the US.

It's not me...it's them :ksc75smile:

Mar 16, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #14,374 of 14,685
Oh, I forgot to tell you the main reason I got rid of the Bravura. The clamping Force was out of this world. It felt like my head was in a vise. I tried stretching it out but it didn't work. It's a shame. If the clamping force was moderate, and the distortion at high volumes wasn't an issue, and it accepted analog inputs, I would be totally content. I know that sounds like a lot of negatives but the system just sounds so damn good that I would be very happy living with it. It's amazing actually.
No, I'm glad you're honest. The very short time I had with it at the hifi show, it sounded bloody amazing but I wasn't listening too loud. But at home I do crank it up and cannot stand distortion so that's a deal breaker already. I can crank all my cans up deafeningly loud (only for a second or 2) and I have NEVER once experienced any tiny bit of distortion.

Mar 16, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #14,375 of 14,685
Hifiman HE1000 V2 Stealth, or does V2 already mean it's stealth, and what's V3?
Haha, there we go, confusion again :)
Haha - yes all very confusing and it comes from Amazon I believe who if they renamed product, they'd lost market place so their place on search engines within site would go down the line.
HEK V1 (no longer made)
HEK V2 (still available but not made I beleive)
HEK SE (special addition AND Stealth magnets) -closest to Susvara and the most expensive ($1999 USD)
HEK Stealth ($1399 USD)
There is no Stealth V2 or V3, despite people saying there is, Even sellers are misnaming the HEK lineup.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #14,376 of 14,685
I think you misunderstood my comment...I know the names, but if you surf the net, stores, as I do...
I am mentioning that you can find different names for the same products.
And sometimes, it's not even clear what they actually have on their site—
is it V2, Stealth, or the third V3...which is what (actually, they call the third generation V3..the Stealth)?

I completely know the history of HE1000 but misunderstanding is on those sites. And their pricing.
And I am writing about vendors in the EU, not the US.

It's not me...it's them :ksc75smile:
Yep - it absolutely is them!!!!! Gives you the poops that vendors can't get it right.......

Mar 16, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #14,377 of 14,685
No, I'm glad you're honest. The very short time I had with it at the hifi show, it sounded bloody amazing but I wasn't listening too loud. But at home I do crank it up and cannot stand distortion so that's a deal breaker already. I can crank all my cans up deafeningly loud (only for a second or 2) and I have NEVER once experienced any tiny bit of distortion.
Yeah, if you're listening it louder volume levels then you will definitely hear the distortion. It's a deal breaker for me as well. In that regard, my Audio GD Master 19 absolutely blows the Bravura out of the water In terms of power reserves. Plus my DAC is better than the one in the Bravura.
Did you notice a hard clamping force when you wore it?

Mar 16, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #14,378 of 14,685
Bro, I'm exactly the same. If I don't have headroom or if I get clipping or distortion or a high noise floor, i'm out. can't do that. I need headroom and a black background.
Ain't no going back once you've had that. Hell, even my Fiio K9 Pro had that- this Yggy/Mentor stack is bloody silent.

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #14,379 of 14,685
Yeah, if you're listening it louder volume levels then you will definitely hear the distortion. It's a deal breaker for me as well. In that regard, my Audio GD Master 19 absolutely blows the Bravura out of the water In terms of power reserves. Plus my DAC is better than the one in the Bravura.
Yeah, your DAC with dual ak4493 and a good reclocker is about as good as D/S DACs can do I think. And by all accounts the GD M19 is a beast. It's a great stack.

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #14,380 of 14,685
Yeah, your DAC with dual ak4493 and a good reclocker is about as good as D/S DACs can do I think. And by all accounts the GD M19 is a beast. It's a great stack.
Dude, you said it perfectly.

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #14,381 of 14,685
Bro, I'm exactly the same. If I don't have headroom or if I get clipping or distortion or a high noise floor, i'm out. can't do that. I need headroom and a black background.
Ain't no going back once you've had that. Hell, even my Fiio K9 Pro had that- this Yggy/Mentor stack is bloody silent.
+1

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #14,382 of 14,685
Mar 16, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #14,384 of 14,685
Yeah I'm a little jelly of those, cannot lie.
I have 2 fat hybrid ropes but I do have Trevor (Norne) making me another to trade out for one of these and it'll be more than half silver and 17.1 gauge. Gonna be a bit though bc of silver supply. He is super picky about where he will source cable from. He told me all of the places he's tried and it's a stupidly long list. But the stuff he uses is really great so I can't wait.

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #14,385 of 14,685
No actually - I didn't. I thought they fitted perfectly. Different noggins obviously - yours is clearly filled with a lot more brain matter than mine.... :dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back