Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Apr 20, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #14,626 of 14,653
My Saturday has been spent utterly basking in how the HE1000 Stealth pairs with my new amp, the Violectric V281 Reissue. The largest soundstage I've yet heard. The blackest background. The highest levels of detail and transparency. Literally hearing things I haven't heard before, in tracks I'm intimately familiar with. All this with enough smoothness and warmth to tame that HifiMan treble and convey just a hint of lushness.

In other words, amazing pairing! :D

Violectric_V281_01.jpg

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #14,627 of 14,653
Comes down to sound signature preference.
He1000v2 is Netural Warm, and He1000 Stealth is Neutral Bright. They will need different DAC and amps pairings to cater to your preferred sound signature.

When I had the Arya Stealth (Neutral Bright) - it paired well with the Ares 2 (neutral warmish) and Singxer Sa1 (warmish). But when I got the He1000v2 that DAC and Amp combo wasn't ideal anymore, the sound signature became too warm, soft and liquidity.
Hello @Thetaburn, how would you describe the sound of your present HE1000SE compared to your post above? I am planning to go for HE1000SE after my Edition XS but I'm rather into natural or natural warm sound and would like to keep rest of my gear for some time before moving to another DAC/AMP. Thank you.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 10:40 PM Post #14,629 of 14,653
Hello,

Are generally speaking he1k reliable to be bought from the used market?
I think a V2 stealth could be a nice pair to own besides my ndh30.
Do you have a comparison between these and heddphone 1?

Greg
I don't see why not. They usually die within the first year if they are going to die. I've owned 8 year old Audezes with no issues lol.

Also I came here to say that the HEKS are pretty fantastic. I didn't think they would top my HD 800 S but it seems they have. It took a few days to get used to them. +2db bass shelf and they are sublime. Didn't even have to do any crazy EQing either.

1714272201570.png

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #14,630 of 14,653
I don't see why not. They usually die within the first year if they are going to die. I've owned 8 year old Audezes with no issues lol.

Also I came here to say that the HEKS are pretty fantastic. I didn't think they would top my HD 800 S but it seems they have. It took a few days to get used to them. +2db bass shelf and they are sublime. Didn't even have to do any crazy EQing either.

1714272201570.png
They are so under rated

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:36 AM Post #14,631 of 14,653
They are so under rated
Are they? I've tried most high end headphones and I can say this has most of them beat. I hate to say that $1500 is a steal but kind of is for this performance.

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #14,632 of 14,653
Are they? I've tried most high end headphones and I can say this has most of them beat. I hate to say that $1500 is a steal but kind of is for this performance.
By some. I know a few people that wont try them bc they have heard they are too bright. To me they are highly detailed but not bright.

But yeah gotta be the best value at $1399 out there.

Ha, just notice we have the same PC build.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #14,637 of 14,653
Hmm, but I wasn't asking for a good deal...
I was asking if Arya Stealth is more enjoyable than HE1000 Stealth or SE?

So, I guess...the answer is...it's not :wink:
The Arya S has a harsher treble than the HEKS. So no, not more enjoyable lol.

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #14,639 of 14,653
Now you can find Arya stealth for 800€, some reviewers also claim that they are more enjoyable than hd800s.
Is it even a better deal?
I upgraded from the Arya Stealth to the HEK Stealth with Hifiman last month (for $705 USD, which seems a decent deal at their current respective MSRPs). I liked the Arya Stealth very much and it is a ridiculous bargain at its current price of $759 USD. However, I found the upgrade to the HEK Stealth to be even greater than I expected. The HEK has significantly more bass (lack of bass quantity was the only nit I really picked with the Arya Stealth), it is noticeably more detailed and the soundstage is larger in every dimension. Imaging (a particular strength of the Arya Stealth) is even better on the HEK Stealth--instruments and vocals are even more precisely placed and separated. I don't find brightness a problem (though I'm 70, so that's not particularly a surprise).

Whether the Arya Stealth or the HEK Stealth is a better dollar for dollar (or euro for euro) deal is subjective for each person. While each headphone is a proverbial steal at their current prices (in both cases less than half of the price of the original versions which were generally considered reasonable prices at the time), the HEK is still almost twice the price of the Arya and, as you'd expect with the law of diminishing returns, it's certainly not twice as good. So the Arya could be considered a better value deal by many. But on an absolute scale, the HEK is clearly the better headphone. To be trite, you can't go wrong with either.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #14,640 of 14,653
Nice summary, fellow 70 year old HEKS + S17 Pro owner. :) I haven't heard the Arya Stealth but the Organic was top of my list before stretching for the HEKS and I certainly don't have any regrets, they are amazing value for the money.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back