Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Sep 30, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #13,516 of 14,708
Would like to see your system if youre down to share.
Sure.
These are photos from the past of my current gear.
IMG_0149.jpeg
IMG_0580.jpeg

Sep 30, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #13,520 of 14,708
I just wrote on the prior page, can you please stop confusing folks and stop calling them HE1000 V2 Stealth? It is the HE1000 Stealth.
Someone is a bit cranky...

I was going off of when I purchased them directly from Hifiman, and they had them listed as He1000v2 and the He1000v2 Stealth Edition. Also, headphones.com and moon audio both have them listed as He1000 v2 - Stealth Magnet Edition. So pardon me for calling them what the manufacture had designated them at the time of my purchase.

And to add to the confusion, My pair really are HE1000 v2's (at least that is what I ordered from Hifiman), but they have the stealth magnets.

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #13,522 of 14,708
@joseph69 That's a really nice, and quite rare CD player :) I'm a huge fan of the old ES series from Sony, and I have regretted selling my full stereo stack SO many times. Thanks for sharing your setup.

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #13,523 of 14,708

I was going off of when I purchased them directly from Hifiman, and they had them listed as He1000v2 and the He1000v2 Stealth Edition. Also, headphones.com and moon audio both have them listed as He1000 v2 - Stealth Magnet Edition. So pardon me for calling them what the manufacture had designated them at the time of my purchase.

And to add to the confusion, My pair really are HE1000 v2's (at least that is what I ordered from Hifiman), but they have the stealth magnets.
Honestly, it is not life ending just makes no sense why people call them something they aren't because each time someone posts their impressions or what their source chain is we have to then qualify redundantly what HP it is. You are free to incorrectly call them what you wish the same as any of the sites you mentioned.

From the manufacturers site. Not really cranky...just don't see a reason for misinformation.

Screenshot 2023-09-30 073539.png

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #13,524 of 14,708
For the HEK Stealth, which one would you choose and why?
1. Schiit Audio Valhalla 2
2. Topping A70 Pro
3. Something else in the 500 euro/USD range (or below), let me know what and why.

Sep 30, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #13,525 of 14,708
For the HEK Stealth, which one would you choose and why?
1. Schiit Audio Valhalla 2
2. Topping A70 Pro
3. Something else in the 500 euro/USD range (or below), let me know what and why.
Probably not the Valhalla as it’s optimized for high impedance headphones. The Asgard or Lyr (slightly out of your price range) would probably better options from Schiit.

Sep 30, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #13,526 of 14,708

In fact, I even remember when I bought my Arya, Aria Stealth had just come out and I didn't know which one I was going to receive, v2 or v3(stealth), I wanted v2 but I received v3(stealth), so yes, all this is a big mess for part of hifiman/resellers.

Even the name change of HE1000 Stealth Edition that caused so much confusion, they changed the name later but on the entire network there was now another version, so and I say this because it happened to me myself, information appeared everywhere about HE1000V2, HE1000SE, HE1000 Special Edition, HE1000 Stealth, so imagine how much confusion for a user who has just arrived, only seeing so many same or similar models, and not even knowing that even one simply no longer exists because it just changed its name. A big hassle for the user.

Of course, we geeks here know these things, but a normal user doesn't at all, but it's the same with Arya too, a lot of confusion and you also had to look at the drivers in some versions.

They have to improve this, in addition to being more informative in relation to the improvements and changes of each version, since it is often left to chance of the user's perception. Perhaps it is better for them to be ambiguous with that since we ourselves are in charge of placing them in the clouds.

It personally helps me to catalog them by V, to know which is which and what is their chronology, but it would also be useful for me if Hifiman could simply put the year in his name if he prefers.

Sep 30, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #13,527 of 14,708
Probably not the Valhalla as it’s optimized for high impedance headphones. The Asgard or Lyr (slightly out of your price range) would probably better options from Schiit.
Thank you for the input.
I know your G5 is a portable device, but do you feel the difference between Topping and Schiit Audio sound signatures is large?

Sep 30, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #13,528 of 14,708
It is so great to sit here, feeling smug, because my HE 1000s were the originals. I’ve never looked at the V2, nor the Stealth, nor the SE, nor anything else. I love them in particular with the HiFiMAN EF-6 amplifier, originally intended for their hard -to-drive HE-6.

1696092879985.jpeg

Sep 30, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #13,529 of 14,708
Are those stock or after market tubes on the Cayin HA-3A.
Not too sure this post was intended for me?
My amp is the WA33.
@joseph69 That's a really nice, and quite rare CD player :) I'm a huge fan of the old ES series from Sony, and I have regretted selling my full stereo stack SO many times. Thanks for sharing your setup.
Thank you.
Been using Sony ES models since the early '90s and love them.
This particular 701 I had in my closet for +/-6yrs and just put it in my chain not long ago in place of my 601ES which I gave to a friend.
The only issue with these models is that the carousels tend to hesitate and not function correctly. I've fixed many of these and this is the last one for me. I also have a Marantz SA8004 which will take the place of the Sony once it stops working.

Sep 30, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #13,530 of 14,708
Thank you for the input.
I know your G5 is a portable device, but do you feel the difference between Topping and Schiit Audio sound signatures is large?
The Schiit gear is ever so slightly warmer than the G5. I’m talking about 5%. I’m switching the amp to a Lyr soon, which I hope will provide a bigger difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back